Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

28 minutes ago, aussiemomdinoaunt said:

Hi all! I just wanted to share this huge accomplishment! I am almost 7 weeks post op and down 31 pounds! Which means I finally hit ONEderland! I was hoping to get there by the end of the year thanks to my last stall. But O started IF of 16:8 and the stall broke! The weight just fell off like crazy... thank goodness! Let me tell you, between hitting this huge goal (for me), and finishing my Christmas shopping, I'm really in the spirit and looking forward to a great Christmas! 20181203_091905.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Awesome way to end the year and begin a new one! Congrats!

CONGRATS! THAT IS AWESOME AND I CAN'T WAIT TO BE THERE TOO!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi all! I just wanted to share this huge accomplishment! I am almost 7 weeks post op and down 31 pounds! Which means I finally hit ONEderland! I was hoping to get there by the end of the year thanks to my last stall. But O started IF of 16:8 and the stall broke! The weight just fell off like crazy... thank goodness! Let me tell you, between hitting this huge goal (for me), and finishing my Christmas shopping, I'm really in the spirit and looking forward to a great Christmas! 20181203_091905.thumb.jpeg.af3f973d6af28831662c81700850a505.jpeg

Way to go!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG - best dinner ever. I can't really share this anywhere, so sorry to post about food. Based on the Fire-Roasted Tilapia recipe on Bariatric Foodie. 2 oz Tilapia, 2 fl. oz fire roasted tomatoes (pureed so its easier to digest), some diced onions, and cajun spices. SO good. And was able to cook the fish from frozen since I forgot to defrost it this morning. I am SO thankful that I can still eat spicy foods! Added some green Beans and had a nice (small) full meal.

Hi everyone, I just weighed in on my 5-week post op and lost 18 lbs from surgery day and 28 lbs from pre op diet. I am beyond happy, I had a long stall and finally lost 4 pounds in 6 days! I started this journey with a BMI of 43 and am now in the 38 range which is huge for me. I know is not a lot but I feel way better than I was before...I was depressed, hiding from my friends, feeling a lot of pain on feet and lower back and now I barely feel any pain at all, plus I now am more confident in going out with friends and family...I have tons of energy and am working out every day for 45-60 min. This surgery really brought me back to life. I am also very grateful for this community :) you guys help me on a daily basis with encouragement and just reminding myself why I am doing this! Thanks and have a wonderful day!

59 minutes ago, Freiabr said:

Hi everyone, I just weighed in on my 5-week post op and lost 18 lbs from surgery day and 28 lbs from pre op diet. I am beyond happy, I had a long stall and finally lost 4 pounds in 6 days! I started this journey with a BMI of 43 and am now in the 38 range which is huge for me. I know is not a lot but I feel way better than I was before...I was depressed, hiding from my friends, feeling a lot of pain on feet and lower back and now I barely feel any pain at all, plus I now am more confident in going out with friends and family...I have tons of energy and am working out every day for 45-60 min. This surgery really brought me back to life. I am also very grateful for this community :) you guys help me on a daily basis with encouragement and just reminding myself why I am doing this! Thanks and have a wonderful day!

So great!!! Congratulations!

I’m officially at the 6 week mark today. I have lost 33 lbs & 18.25% of my excess body weight.

I feel good about the progress. I’m happy about it but it’s hard to be overjoyed. I lost 100+ lbs with the band and I remember feeling so good and being so ecstatic about every goal. I maintained that weight loss for a long time but gained it back in the last year when my band had to be removed.

It’s an odd feeling because this larger body doesn’t even seem like mine. I think that’s the opposite feeling that a lot of wls paitents feel. Usually it takes a while to accept the new smaller body.

I’m not beating myself up or thinking negative thoughts. It’s just so different from my last wls journey, ya know?

I’m officially at the 6 week mark today. I have lost 33 lbs & 18.25% of my excess body weight.
I feel good about the progress. I’m happy about it but it’s hard to be overjoyed. I lost 100+ lbs with the band and I remember feeling so good and being so ecstatic about every goal. I maintained that weight loss for a long time but gained it back in the last year when my band had to be removed.
It’s an odd feeling because this larger body doesn’t even seem like mine. I think that’s the opposite feeling that a lot of wls paitents feel. Usually it takes a while to accept the new smaller body.
I’m not beating myself up or thinking negative thoughts. It’s just so different from my last wls journey, ya know?
I'm sure you have unique challenges, having had a second surgery. Just try and remember every single pound lost is a little closer to health and feeling better again. You're lucky you've seen such success! It means you can do it again. For those of us, well, at least me...who's always been fat their whole adult life and never had much success with weight loss...it's almost unbelievable that I'll get there! I am at 17.5% loss too and it seems too slow. I'm six weeks post op yesterday. I have to remind myself of the good and try to see the glass half full. [emoji171]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm at my 5 week post op visit. I'm so happy I'm down to 192. SW 210 on 10/29. I can wait to see what this month brings. I can start stage 4 diet next week on Tuesday.

Sent from Cristal on Galaxy Note 9

I was sleeved 10/30/2018, I’ve lost 23 since surgery and 39 since my liquid diet. I’ve been at a stall now for 5 days. I know we aren’t supposed to compare ourselves but I feel so disheartened when I see others who are around my time losing 30+ pounds. I’m doing absolutely everything to the letter, Protein is well over 80 a day, carbs less than 30, I easily get 70 ounces of Water and Powerade zero a day and I eat around 700-800 calories most days (the others I fall a bit less than that.) I know I shouldn’t be weighing everyday. I’m literally driving myself nuts. I just feel that I’m on the lower end of the weight loss train and that bothers me. I guess it makes me question whether I’ll lose a lot long term or not. :/

I was sleeved 10/30/2018, I’ve lost 23 since surgery and 39 since my liquid diet. I’ve been at a stall now for 5 days. I know we aren’t supposed to compare ourselves but I feel so disheartened when I see others who are around my time losing 30+ pounds. I’m doing absolutely everything to the letter, Protein is well over 80 a day, carbs less than 30, I easily get 70 ounces of Water and Powerade zero a day and I eat around 700-800 calories most days (the others I fall a bit less than that.) I know I shouldn’t be weighing everyday. I’m literally driving myself nuts. I just feel that I’m on the lower end of the weight loss train and that bothers me. I guess it makes me question whether I’ll lose a lot long term or not. :/
I broke my stall by breaking the "rules." I stopped drinking my Protein Shakes for a week and my stall broke and the weight started falling off again. Don't be disheartened, you're doing great and it'll happen for you. I can't wait to see your victories and milestones!

1 hour ago, cdianab2085 said:

I was sleeved 10/30/2018, I’ve lost 23 since surgery and 39 since my liquid diet. I’ve been at a stall now for 5 days. I know we aren’t supposed to compare ourselves but I feel so disheartened when I see others who are around my time losing 30+ pounds. I’m doing absolutely everything to the letter, Protein is well over 80 a day, carbs less than 30, I easily get 70 ounces of Water and Powerade zero a day and I eat around 700-800 calories most days (the others I fall a bit less than that.) I know I shouldn’t be weighing everyday. I’m literally driving myself nuts. I just feel that I’m on the lower end of the weight loss train and that bothers me. I guess it makes me question whether I’ll lose a lot long term or not. 😕

Hide your scale! Lol. I was making myself crazy in the beginning too now I weigh myself once a week. I lost nothing this week. Makes me frustrated too but I’ve lost a lot of inches and my clothes fit better! That’s what I try to go by. You’re doing an awesome job! Just step away from the scale!

On 12/05/2018 at 09:44, cdianab2085 said:

I was sleeved 10/29 and I’m also down 23 since surgery, 35 since liquid. I feel great - when is the last time you lost 23 lbs in 5 weeks? That’s an average of over 4.5 lbs/week? You’re doing great. Everyone has stalls - it’ll break eventually. Just keep working the program.