Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Dayum now I know what animal I am--- a Lady Sloth! Now to lose 1/3rd of my body weight every 💩, at current rates that would be 90 pounds, not too shabby! RIGHT?

I also had my surgery on 10/22/18. The hospital stay was not bad at all, other than them coming in there in the middle of the night to take blood or do vitals. They encourage you to get up and get moving. That's the best way to deal with the gas pain. It was a struggle to drink 1oz. of Water every 15 minutes, but that's your ticket home. My new tummy was ok with the water, broth and tea but did not care for the Jell-O, only tried it twice and it came right back up. Although I can say that I did try name brand Jell-O once I was home and it stayed down. The nurses had to almost persuade me to use the pain medicine because they "We're going to have to throw it away". "Good Pain Meds, no way, lol" but honestly I only used it a few times and that was so I could get some rest, than pain management.

I would say the first two weeks is the hardest to deal with because everything is new to you. The new way you have to eat is foreign. By week 2.5 I was ready to go back to work but waited out for the 3 week mark. Once you get to 3wks you have an idea of what your suppose to be doing. I think this was the best decision I made for me. I have wanted this for years but didn't have the insurance that would cover it. In 3wks I have lost about 27lbs. I'll take it!

I’m 8 weeks out vsg surgery and I just want to give encouragement to those who are either staring out, thinking about it or are veterans. Also for the new comers just to let you know everyone is on their own journey, pace and have different outcomes and goals. I was hospitalized with diverticulitis. Let me tell you it’s the worst pain and dreadful time ever in he hospital. Please don’t follow the sole advice of others before you talk to your surgical team/ nutritionist and follow your own instincts. What works for others may not work for you. Stay focused and don’t give up.!

9 minutes ago, notmyname said:

Woo hoo. First soft food. 2oz of tilapia and a bit of puréed sweet potato. SOOOO good! Sure, I cheated and started 3 days early, but worth it. :)

Welcome back to the land of the chewing! Lol!

I tried 4 days earlier the smallest bite of puréed foods, and I feel like I just ate a 48 cowboy steak. Still now 3 hours later. I’m thinking now I might have to wait longer for purée and stick to my very blended lentil soup......full

NSV!!! After what felt like the longest two week "stall" as my body adjusted, I lost 6 pounds in a week. So I thought I'd try on my winter rain coat I couldn't fit in last year... my arms couldn't even move in it. But now it fits perfectly everywhere! Albeit a little snug when I sit, but I'll take it! I remember crying when I got it because it was a gift and the "largest size they had." I'm loving my new tool, I'm down 26.6 lbs from my SW and 38.2 lbs from my HW!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

18 hours ago, notmyname said:

I know some of us can totally relate to this. Just thought we could use a post Thanksgiving laugh.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

LOL. I actually weighed myself before and after a poop session and I lost 1.4 lbs. it was the craziest thing. I told my hubby and he just stared at me in disbelief. #truestory

💩🏆FOR YOU-See a weight loss isn't the Only Reward WE GIVE OUT! Congratulations on a Defecation of Joy÷÷ LOL and a BIG cheer for youn always kick out what don't Pay Rent.😛

25 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

💩🏆FOR YOU-See a weight loss isn't the Only Reward WE GIVE OUT! Congratulations on a Defecation of Joy÷÷ LOL and a BIG cheer for youn always kick out what don't Pay Rent.😛

😂😂🤣 I’m cracking up! That was hilarious!!! I accept my trophy with honor!

@Freiabr. You are my surgery twin. Sounds like we are pretty much at the same point. Have you started exercising?

@deltadentist I did start walking on the treadmill a few times a week for 40-50 min. You?