Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

I’m relieved to hear that I’m not the only one going through a frustrating stall so soon after surgery. I’ve been a little hard on myself because the scale hasn’t moved in 10+ days. My pcp took me off my thyroid medicine and I swear that has a big part in it because I’ve been feeling sluggish and a bit depressed. I wasn’t ready to be off my thyroid med yet, and it makes me angry. My numbers were low normal (just like when I was started on on my med). I get to have my thyroid levels retested on December 24th. So fingers crossed for good news

Hi. I am scheduled for December 11, but have a question for you guys who have already been through surgery. How soon before surgery did you stop taking medications such as Celebrex? Were there any other medications that you were required to stop taking prior to surgery? Or get other formula for - liquid? I don’t see my doc for pre-op until 2 weeks out and I don’t want there to be any surprises that might postpone surgery.
I was told to stop all NSAIDS.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m sorry to hear that. My best guess is GERD. I would speak with your docto about it. I’m taking Pepcid to prevent mine but also carafate if it gets bad. Mine gets bad when I have an empty stomach but having it makes me not want to eat so it’s a bad cycle.
Yeah, I'm on Prilosec.

I had my VGS surgery on 10/26. I have not lost any weight for 13 days. I am just starting soft foods and I try to eat between 5-6 meals a day and I have about 2 oz at each meal. Am I eating too much?
Are you walking? My doc told me if it seems like the weight loss is slowing down, look at my exercise and what I've been eating.

We had our surgery the same day. I only lost 10 lbs since surgery. I gained 2 lbs and haven't lost anymore since last week. I'm going to try to weigh myself every Sunday now and not every day. I'm still on stage 2 liquid diet until Dec 4th

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I weigh myself once a week. I try to do wednesdays since that's what day my surgery was on.

Thanks! I was taking Aleve for arthritis pre-surgery. Now I'm only allowed Tylenol and as you state it doesn't do as good of job with the pain as an NSAID. My hope is the weight loss will help with the joint pain.
Don't laugh but can you take NSAIDs as a suppository? When I had kidney stones they gave me Difene as a suppository and it was a bloomin' miracle. I know you can get paracetamol as a suppository so maybe ibuprofen etc. too??

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

How is everyone doing? I was sleeved on the 17th, and feel like I haven't had surgery!!! I was notified that I'm producing acid in my sleeve lining. Which feels like hunger pain. I just knew I had a failed surgery. Luickly It's apart of the healing process, and heard most surgeons prescribe antiacid for two months to avoid this. I was prescribed antiacid which has helped a lot. If you are feeling "hunger" please speak to ur doc and looking taking acid reducer for relief. .. Pepcid D and Gavisco worked as well.

Also..if there any Maryland DC fellow sleevers, I'm looking for a workout buddy!
Thanks for that information. I've been on Prilosec since before my surgery and he is keeping me on it. I was confused about the weird feeling. Wondering if I was really hungry or if I was just crazy.

How is everyone doing? I was sleeved on the 17th, and feel like I haven't had surgery!!! I was notified that I'm producing acid in my sleeve lining. Which feels like hunger pain. I just knew I had a failed surgery. Luickly It's apart of the healing process, and heard most surgeons prescribe antiacid for two months to avoid this. I was prescribed antiacid which has helped a lot. If you are feeling "hunger" please speak to ur doc and looking taking acid reducer for relief. .. Pepcid D and Gavisco worked as well.

Also..if there any Maryland DC fellow sleevers, I'm looking for a workout buddy!
Sp if your feeling hunger pains it might be wrong. I got those pains like a week after i still do. But i just cant really eat. I hav surgery on 10 25. Met my surgeon on 1106 and lost 11 ppunds have npt lost anything since then and gaines a pound. I am constipated and cant seem to drink all the Water i need i manage about half and only one Protein shake

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

23 hours ago, MeriJoy said:

I was cleared for any food I wanted - even beef - at 2 weeks.

The irony of this is... all food tastes like crap to me. I am living on crushed ice and a bite or two from a very short list of food that doesn't make me want to puke at first sight. 🤢

My surgery was on 10/08 and I am down 25 lbs.

I'm curious about the crushed ice. Is it because you just like it or are you craving it? Reason i ask is because i've read where you could be anemic if you crave crushed ice.

I had a big scale victory this morning! 26 days out and I am seeing a substantial weight loss. I have found that I need to increase my calories when my body starts stalling. That seems to be my body but it may not work for everyone. The hard part is I never feel like eating.
My next goal is to hit the 50 lb mark by 6 weeks. It may be a stretch but it won’t crush me if I don’t make it.
377993CD-4C2D-4112-8C86-F1C75F485FCB.thumb.jpeg.658bdfc63022cf110009d4aed9d49791.jpeg
Congratulations what app are you using

Hi everyoneim really concerned that im broken n this isnt working ive only lost 11 pounds post op and im i was sleeved on oct 25. Did i choose the wrong surgery ive read thay some times its your food intake and i increases that but nothing is working. Could you all share what helped you guys with stalls? Really appreciate it . Im tottaly freaking out over here

@kata0683
I am going through the same thing. Was sleeved on 10/30 and lost 14 pounds. I haven’t list an ounce since the 13th and am a bit worried. I increased my food intake since I am eating soft foods now but haven’t lost anything since I started this new stage...I am having a Protein Shake in the morning, 1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese for am snack, 2 egg white with fat free cheese for lunch, 1/4 cup of Beans pm snack and anothe Protein shake for dinner. Drinking 60-64oz of Water and nothing.
Maybe I should amp up the exercise 🤷‍♀️ any tips are appreciated.

8 minutes ago, kata0683 said:

Hi everyoneim really concerned that im broken n this isnt working ive only lost 11 pounds post op and im i was sleeved on oct 25. Did i choose the wrong surgery ive read thay some times its your food intake and i increases that but nothing is working. Could you all share what helped you guys with stalls? Really appreciate it . Im tottaly freaking out over here

When in your life have you ever lost 11 pounds in less than a month? That's really good!

Your body is healing, and there are going to be some slow periods in your loss while it adjusts. Just keep following your plan, and the weight will come off.

Take your scale to a friend or family member's house if it's making you anxious. Don't look at it every day. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and stressing yourself out will actually slow your weight loss.