Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

8 minutes ago, katiemarie22 said:
2 hours ago, Georgetown said:

Hi katiemarie. Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time. Don’t stress to much just try the best you can to get in your Protein. I had my sleeve done a week ago. I’m sick of the Protein Shakes but I’ve started blending the chocolate ones with some ice and a little scoop of Peanut Butter powder. It makes it not as sweet and tastes like a milkshake! Are you having trouble swallowing liquids?

Nope, swallowing is no problem. No pain or discomfort or anything. I just feel full after such small amount. I know that’s exactly what the sleeve is, but I’m having such a tough time getting the requirements in cause my stomach just can’t hold more.

Slow and steady wins the race!

I have a question? I had my surgery in January and I’m at a point where I’m plateauing and it’s depressing me. I feel like either I’m eating to much or not eating right? Anyone having the problem or is it just me?

1 hour ago, angiebaby37 said:

I have a question? I had my surgery in January and I’m at a point where I’m plateauing and it’s depressing me. I feel like either I’m eating to much or not eating right? Anyone having the problem or is it just me?

This is the wrong thread for that question, Angie. We all either just got sleeved or are just about to get sleeved. You'll want to ask somewhere with people further along in the process.

4 minutes ago, KellyP2003 said:

When can we swallow pills again? Crushed ones are disgusting. I find myself drinking them with juice and gulping, which causes excruciating pain.

I was allowed to swallow pills (Tylenol) in the hospital. I've been swallowing my Prilosec capsule every day since I got home and Actigal (to prevent gallstone formation) since 10 days after my surgery.

I wouldn't take huge or solid ones (I mean, the Actigal is really big, but it's a capsule, so I'm guessing it breaks down in the stomach). Like a normal One-A-Day Vitamin might be too much, but Prilosec is definitely fine, according to my team.

I also had a hard time getting down the crushed pills. Even nasty in pudding! At my 1 week post opp visit my doctor said to split larger pills but as long as I don’t have trouble getting them down that I don’t need to crush :)

Just wondering if anyone is as annoyed as I am with the weight loss? I’ve lost 27 lbs overall which I am happy with but 14 of that was pre op. I was sleeved on 10/1 and feel like I’ve should’ve lost more than 13 lbs considering I’m still on a liquid diet (I have eaten small amount of food here and there not much). My eating habits were so extreme pre surgery and I know it takes time but I’m just wondering what the hell is happening. Is it me??

I sent you a message. Our stories sound almost identical!

25 minutes ago, Grapefruit said:

I just had my “6 days post op” check up! 16lbs down; no issues. I have no regrets about this surgery! 😁 I came by to say, Pre-oppers, you can do this!!

Grapefruit that’s awesome! My follow up is tomorrow! It’s been a week today and I can’t believe how good I feel! Can’t wait for real food though!

I had my 3 week post op appointment today and get to start my transition from liquids to soft foods! OMG I have never enjoyed canned chicken more :) I felt so full and satisfied for the first time!! I ate about 3/4 the can with a tablespoon of light mayo. It gets better guys!! I’m making trout and squash for dinner. My office has me eating every 3 hrs (two Protein Shakes included as meals). 800-1000 calories a day. 60-80g Protein.< /p>

1 hour ago, Grapefruit said:

I just had my “6 days post op” check up! 16lbs down; no issues. I have no regrets about this surgery! 😁 I came by to say, Pre-oppers, you can do this!!

Thats wonderful! I have surgery the 29th and this is great news!

22 minutes ago, JulieL123 said:

I had my 3 week post op appointment today and get to start my transition from liquids to soft foods! OMG I have never enjoyed canned chicken more :) I felt so full and satisfied for the first time!! I ate about 3/4 the can with a tablespoon of light mayo. It gets better guys!! I’m making trout and squash for dinner. My office has me eating every 3 hrs (two Protein Shakes included as meals). 800-1000 calories a day. 60-80g Protein.

That’s great Juliel! I can’t wait to eat food again! I miss chewing!