Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

I know I've posted a couple times that I'm not sure I'm actually going through with it. Today is the last day to cancel my surgery without a hefty fee and I've decided I'm going to do it. My therapist helped me reframe it as this is something I'm doing for me (ease in travel, health, being able to stay in my multi-story house, comfort), even though I really don't want to. It's helped. My SIL bought her plane ticket and is coming up and this is actually happening. This board has been a real help.

October 31st -I am 9 days out from surgery and I am still super excited. I'm hoping the fears and doubts don't begin to set in as I get closer to that day. I had my 2 week pre-op appointment with my surgeon and the hospital on last Wednesday. I was surprised that I do not have to do the pre-op liquid diet for the entire 2 weeks. I was instructed to eat "clean" and increase Water intake and then start the clear liquid diet 2 days before surgery. I have a kidney issue and my doctor felt it best to avoid the super high Protein intake that comes with the shakes. SInce I was already mentally prepared for the 2 weeks of liquids, we agreed that I would eat 2 "clean" meals daily and replace 1 meal with the shake until I start the full liquid diet.

It's nice to read everyone's experiences/input ahead of my surgery date, as I have gotten some great tips on things I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

1 minute ago, notmyname said:

I know I've posted a couple times that I'm not sure I'm actually going through with it. Today is the last day to cancel my surgery without a hefty fee and I've decided I'm going to do it. My therapist helped me reframe it as this is something I'm doing for me (ease in travel, health, being able to stay in my multi-story house, comfort), even though I really don't want to. It's helped. My SIL bought her plane ticket and is coming up and this is actually happening. This board has been a real help.

Hi notmyname! You can do this! Yes it’s scary! Yes it’s life changing! But it will be fantastic! Good luck!

We may have to change your name to ITS MY DECISION, but congratulations in advance. I'll pray it turns out perfect for YOU!😛

2 minutes ago, Georgetown said:

Hi notmyname! You can do this! Yes it’s scary! Yes it’s life changing! But it will be fantastic! Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

We may have to change your name to ITS MY DECISION, but congratulations in advance. I'll pray it turns out perfect for YOU!😛

Thank you both! And I may just have to change my name (if that's even possible) :)

My surgery is friday 10/26 and i have been having a hard time with my Pre Op diet.... i can’t stop snacking on things i shouldn’t be... and i know i shouldn’t but because i can’t have them i want it more,

i really hope my surgery doesn’t get canceled i know i can do this, i don’t know why i can’t stop my self.

My surgery date is 10/31! I've been on a 2 week liquid/raw veg pre-op diet about a week. Not the best diet I've been on but at lease I stopped being ravenously hungry after day 5. Haha! Only 10 days to go!

1 minute ago, golfgirlgettingthin said:

My surgery date is 10/31! I've been on a 2 week liquid/raw veg pre-op diet about a week. Not the best diet I've been on but at lease I stopped being ravenously hungry after day 5. Haha! Only 10 days to go!

I would give my right arm to be able to eat vegetables instead of all liquid!

8 minutes ago, golfgirlgettingthin said:

We are surgery twins! That's great that you can at least have veggies. Good luck!

17 hours ago, Georgetown said:

I did try the Celebrate ones when I got them. They’re not great but if I have to do it I guess I have to. My dr didn’t want me taking flintstones, I think because, like you said they’re not what I need.

Have you ever considered just purchasing the capsules and opening them up over applesauce or something and taking them that way? I just bought bariatric pal Vitamins and bought the capsules instead of the chewable by mistake. I don't want to loose that money, so that's what I plan on doing.

Just ate my first significant amount of Protein - a 1 oz protein shot. 15g protein. Holy moly am I ever feeling full. I know I need to drink fluids to help my body absorb the protein but I’m already so full!

Just being honest not trying to be a butt kiss but women are obviously tougher than men I had my sleeve in September and have not used any pain medicine since I got home. 4 weeks out, down 43lbs!! if I can do that all of you ladies can definitely do it, you all have babies for goodness sake lol. being a man if I found out I was pregnant I would end myself today LOL. YOU CAN DO IT...be more afraid of high blood, pressure, diabetes etc. Good luck to all

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! I am scheduled for Oct. 1.
I am trying not to freak out. reminding myself of all that [mention=346308]CrankyMagpie[/mention] just wrote...but reason doesn't always outweigh my fear.
Just being honest not trying to be a butt kiss but women are obviously tougher than men I had my sleeve in September and have not used any pain medicine since I got home. 4 weeks out, down 43lbs!! if I can do that all of you ladies can definitely do it, you all have babies for goodness sake lol. being a man if I found out I was pregnant I would end myself today LOL. YOU CAN DO IT...be more afraid of high blood, pressure, diabetes etc. Good luck to all

October 23rd for me and I too am scared stupid about the surgery.
I have 6 weeks to go so at the 1 month mark I'm going to switch to something like Medifast or Diet Direct liquid foods. Their stuff isn't too bad and it will get me in the "groove" for post op. I'm not a fan of pain meds and from what I've heard it's not horrible. I just broke my wrist a few months ago and was fine. I broke my right had 6 years ago and had to have surgery on it and only took Motrin so I think I got this....
The nickname my dad gave me when I was a kid was "big chief chicken heart". So true.