Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

43 minutes ago, OriginalGaPeach said:

Hello everyone, this is my first post!
I'm thrilled to have found this website; I just had my Sleeve done on October 17th. I am thankful that I truly have only had some soreness and gas pains these past few weeks. I am following my doctors rules along with listening to my body for a change.

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi OriginalGAPeach! I had my sleeve done on the 16th! I’m feeling pretty good too. Getting in my Protein Shakes but I’m starting to dislike the sweetness! I think things taste so much sweeter now. Did you notice that? Today I also blended some lentil Soup and it tastes soooo good! I’m so happy to taste something salty!

I too am happy that I have only a little soreness, all I’ve taken is Tylenol and some gas. I went to the store today with my husband and it was so nice to get out! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hi OriginalGAPeach! I had my sleeve done on the 16th! I’m feeling pretty good too. Getting in my Protein Shakes but I’m starting to dislike the sweetness! I think things taste so much sweeter now. Did you notice that? Today I also blended some lentil Soup and it tastes soooo good! I’m so happy to taste something salty!
I too am happy that I have only a little soreness, all I’ve taken is Tylenol and some gas. I went to the store today with my husband and it was so nice to get out! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Hi, I totally agree. Even eating the sugar free popsicles, they taste great and I'm enjoying every minute. I can't have Protein Shakes again until next week. I have to do Clear Liquids this week.

Live...Love...Laugh [emoji3]

Tomorrow I’ll do my first weigh in since surgery 8 days ago. It will be interesting to see, but I already am starting to notice healthy changes in my body and more room in my clothes.

I spent time with my family today, which was tough because they don’t know I was sleeved and were offering me food that I wasn’t sure how I would handle. I preemptively decided we should have Soup, and just ate the broth, and had a very small piece of cheese that I chewed very well. So far my body seems to be handling it ok and I am feeling good.

Hi All! Newbie here with a surgery date of Oct 16th. I'm so excited, but also nervous...and anxious. I am also starting a little early with eliminating carbonation, caffeine, taking lots of Vitamins, etc. Hopefully being prepared will make the transition a little easier. On one hand, I feel like I should enjoy the next few weeks of "freedom" while I'm still able to, but on the other hand, I'm just ready to get it done and over with!
kdiddle, what type of work do you do? Just curious, because I told my surgeon I'm in accounting and he said I would likely only need a week off.
I just had mine done on the 16th too... how are you doing?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had my surgery on the 16th of Oct. I haven't had any issues besides the pain... I can deal with high levels of pain from breaking my arms legs ankles.... but the pain from having my stomach cut and trying to move around has been just about putting me in tears. But I am still getting at least 10 minutes of a walk in around the house they are just in turtle mode. Lol

I was sleeved on 10/1 and physically I feel fine as far as pain but I just don’t feel right. Nauseous and starving to death and lightheaded. I have been such a with because all I want is food. I am going crazy on liquids but I feel like I want to puke when I drink but yet I feel like I could eat a whole pizza at the same time. So many emotions and questioning my choice to do this. And yes I totally have chewed food and spit it out!!! Ugh this is so hard
This is how I feel too. I had my sleeve done October 17, and today is the first day ibdidnt have a headache , and I felt like eating. And the hunger has gotten worse, and everything sounds delicious, and I'm drinking clear fluids and miserable. I didn't think it was gonna be this way. I thought after I got this surgery, I wouldn't be hungry!!! Now, I'm just asking hungry as I ever was, but hurt myself if I try to eat. This is the worst and I'd rather be fat than be tortured like this. What have I done. "Feeling sad and regretful"

Sent from my VS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/20/2018 at 22:43, crystalml said:

This is how I feel too. I had my sleeve done October 17, and today is the first day ibdidnt have a Headache , and I felt like eating. And the hunger has gotten worse, and everything sounds delicious, and I'm drinking clear fluids and miserable. I didn't think it was gonna be this way. I thought after I got this surgery, I wouldn't be hungry!!! Now, I'm just asking hungry as I ever was, but hurt myself if I try to eat. This is the worst and I'd rather be fat than be tortured like this. What have I done. "Feeling sad and regretful"

Sent from my VS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

Omg! Someone who feels like I do! Thank God! I feel sooooo alone!!!

Recovering too quickly??

Hello! I was sleeved on Monday, Oct 15th. Surgery went well but was very sick from the anesthesia. Stayed one night in the hospital. During 1-4 days post op, I have been drinking partial Protein Shakes and puréed Soups. My calorie count is maybe 500-800 max. Today, on day 5 post op, I decided to try turkey chili and it's been fine! Overall, this surgery has been pretty manageable. I can eat 6-8 ounces of food with no problem. I wait to drink Water after 30 mins and it's been fine. I feel hungry a lot! I am worried I got the placebo sleeve! It seems like the majority of people have a really rough road and I am having the opposite experience which I am thankful for but makes me question why i am able to eat and drink so easily. Should i be concerned at all? Would love any feedback or if anyone is in the same boat.

Had my sleeve surgery on 8 Oct in Sydney. I’m on clear liquids until Tues, looking forward to next phase. What a journey!

Does everyone have around 125ml per hour? Or more? Any ideas on why some liquids don’t digest as well as others?

Anyone know how much weight on the avg ppl lose post-op in first six weeks (per week).

Feeling like my body isn’t purging as much as I thought it would.

But down 22.5 lbs/ 10.4kgs in 33 days, so I guess that is good?

9 hours ago, Grapefruit said:

@originalGaPeach glad you’re feeling good! We’re sleeve twins, I was on the 17th as well. I haven’t veered from shakes, Water and broth yet but blended lentil Soup sounds tasty @georgetown! Have you guys got on the scale yet? I may be subconsciously avoiding it... lol

Hi grapefruit. Yes it was tasty. Today I’m going to try to make black bean Soup and blend that. I’m getting sick of the sweet shakes.

Yes, I’ve gotten on the scale. I should hide it! I’m down 16 pounds since I stayed the pre op diet! I feel smaller and lighter. It’s amazing! I go on Wednesday for my diet post op apt so I hope it’s down even more by then!

Have you tried crystal light lemonade? I find that’s easier to get down than Water. I just put more water in it than it calls for so it’s not so sweet!

11 hours ago, doublesuffcones said:

I just had mine done on the 16th too... how are you doing?

Awesome - another surgery buddy! It was tough at first, but I'm doing a little better now at 5 days post-op. I'm struggling to get my Water in and have only had 1 Protein Shake in 5 days, no other food, just some broth. (not good! I know.) I feel like I'm sipping constantly but still barely taking in 24 oz. I also drink at night since I haven't been sleeping well, which helps me get to 36 oz in 24 hours. 64oz feels impossible right now. As far as the pain goes, I definitely feel a little better every day. As of today, I only have some soreness at the incision site where my stomach was removed, my other incisions feel fine. I originally planned to go back to work on Tuesday, but may need another day or two off. Not really for pain, but because I have no energy until I manage to get some calories in.

How are you doing?

On 10/19/2018 at 6:20 PM, CaroleS said:

So far I've been okay without the NSAIDS. During the pre-diet, it got kind of rough but since the surgery, it seems to have eased up. I think the new diet reduces inflammation. Massages also help. Good luck to you!

I'm glad to hear you are doing ok without the NSAIDS. Gives me hope! I'm holding a good thought for your speedy recovery!

21 minutes ago, katiemarie22 said:

Just did my first weekly weigh in since surgery. I’m down 8 lbs post op and 20 lbs overall! Wohoo!

Yay!!!! Congrats!