Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

5 minutes ago, bigcurt said:

What post op diet plans does your doctor's have? Just curious. Mine is two weeks all fluids, 2 weeks pureed.

7-10 days full liquids, 3-6 weeks purees & soft foods (which they sort of lump together). They gave us a list of soft foods and suggested we work our way down it. (Each level has two things on it.) It starts with cottage cheese and ricotta, then yogurts and Greek yogurts, then sugar-free puddings/custards and soft-cooked eggs, then fat-free refried Beans and low-fat tofu, then chicken or turkey made in a crockpot and baked fish that flakes easily (cod, salmon, tilapia, crab), then canned tuna/salmon/chicken and thinly sliced lunch meats, then ground meat and Soups (lentil, for example) and chili.

I'm on my 6th day of phase II, and I'm good with cottage cheese, ricotta, Greek yogurt, refried beans, and really gloopy tuna salad (made with Greek yogurt and mustard and without anything chunky in it). I cook my eggs thoroughly, so I'm holding off on that, and with the lifting restriction, I'll need someone to move the custard and its Water bath into and out of the oven for me, so that's this weekend. Also maybe this weekend: ricotta bake!

I'm trying not to rush things, but I'm also trying to work my way up into somewhat denser Proteins so that I can drink fewer Protein Shakes.

Omg have to share! I’m on week two of full liquids. Depressed and pissed I can’t eat. Tried this new Soup pack I bought! So far LOVED the cream and Broccoli! 15 g of Protein too! (I’m having a hard time with the shakes)

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

2 hours ago, jflower88 said:

I will have my surgery on the 29th and have to stop taking Aleve on monday. I take 880mg and am worried about dealing with my arthritis and fibromyalgia pain without it.

So far I've been okay without the NSAIDS. During the pre-diet, it got kind of rough but since the surgery, it seems to have eased up. I think the new diet reduces inflammation. Massages also help. Good luck to you!

Good for you Shazz! You are a brave, badass woman! 👊 I'm going in Monday, so wish me luck!

Feeling pretty pleased with myself! I typically have struggled with food because I wait until I’m starving and then eat everything. I almost never have healthy options around and it’s really been a problem for me. Now that I am post surgery, I’m starting to meal plan for in a month or so when I can start eating “real” food. I have put together 12 Breakfast options of things I actually like, ranging from 12-35g of Protein (Average 18g)! I’m going to plan ahead, buy what I need and stick to this. I got this!

5 hours ago, bigcurt said:

What post op diet plans does your doctor's have? Just curious. Mine is two weeks all fluids, 2 weeks pureed.

Two weeks full liquids, 10 weeks soft food

4 hours ago, katiemarie22 said:

Feeling pretty pleased with myself! I typically have struggled with food because I wait until I’m starving and then eat everything. I almost never have healthy options around and it’s really been a problem for me. Now that I am post surgery, I’m starting to meal plan for in a month or so when I can start eating “real” food. I have put together 12 Breakfast options of things I actually like, ranging from 12-35g of Protein (Average 18g)! I’m going to plan ahead, buy what I need and stick to this. I got this!

Planning does help and you are on the right track. You got this! I'm pre-surgery and have the procedure Tuesday. But already I've been scheduling what to eat and when. You are like me I wait to eat as well, so now I'm also adding times to when I need to eat and what to eat at that time. If not, this won't work for me. It's all about planning. Keep up the good work!

4 hours ago, llhill said:

Planning does help and you are on the right track. You got this! I'm pre-surgery and have the procedure Tuesday. But already I've been scheduling what to eat and when. You are like me I wait to eat as well, so now I'm also adding times to when I need to eat and what to eat at that time. If not, this won't work for me. It's all about planning. Keep up the good work!

That’s fantastic! Preplanning is so important! You’ve got this! Good luck!

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Two weeks full liquids, 10 weeks soft food

I’m on two weeks full liquid, two weeks puréed and then softer foods.

11 hours ago, Anglkrys2 said:

Omg have to share! I’m on week two of full liquids. Depressed and pissed I can’t eat. Tried this new Soup pack I bought! So far LOVED the cream and Broccoli! 15 g of Protein too! (I’m having a hard time with the shakes)

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

Looks good! I’ve noticed the shakes are super sweet to me now! I have a Premier Protein vanilla that’s organic and it goes down a lot easier than chocolate.

12 hours ago, shazz73 said:

Hi All - I made it! I felt really prepared based on all of you having shared your experiences.

I was super emotional in the hour or two before my surgery yesterday, I was terrified, but climbed up on the table and got it done!!

I’ve been sleeping lots and pain is well controlled... very little incision pain, just gas pain mostly in my back.Still on Clear Liquids and I never knew diluted apple juice could taste so good. haha.

Tips that I picked up here that served me well included bringing the following things...
Heating pad ( has been so good on my sore back)
Chap stick
Extension cord
Phone and charger
Slippers

Off to sleep some more - it still feels kind of surreal that I actually had the guts to do this 🙃

Wow! You sound great! You’re on your way! I’m 4 days post op and feeling pretty good! Good luck with your recovery!

I'm now a little past two weeks out. I was allergic to something they used during the surgery, and I broke into hives all over my torso a week out. I'm still dealing with that, though I think maybe it's getting a little better now. My incisions are all looking good, no pain to speak of.
I'm on soft/puree foods (my team doesn't make a distinction) and have worked my way through Greek yogurt, ricotta, cottage cheese, and refried Beans. I'm a little afraid to make the jump to chicken, baked fish, or canned tuna. Or eggs--I don't "soft cook" eggs; I cook them all the way through, so I was planning to keep holding off on those for a bit. But I know once I get some kind of denser Protein source in my daily life, I won't have to drink so many Protein Shakes. That's a pretty big enticement.
Drinking enough liquid is only hard because I have to stop half an hour on either side of eating, and I'm still sleeping a lot. But I can drink normal (pre-op) amounts, per sip, as long as I don't actually gulp.
I can walk a mile, if there are benches where I can stop and rest for a few seconds here and there. (I needed that pre-op, too, because of arthritis. My arthritis is less bad at the moment; now, I stop mostly because I'm still not supposed to be getting out of breath, and most of the places to walk around here have hills.)
I had my surgery on october 3rd Just got out of the hospital yesterday I had a terrible ordeal don't get me wrong as for the surgery stand point everything went well didn"t even need pain med but I end up with lots of complications after surgery I hand up having blood transfusion and Iron infusion developed sometime of reaction with leaded me on ICU for 4 days now all my skins are shading of my body I have not been able to do much cause of all the meds and High dose steroids they have me on I'm still on stage 2b diet and tired of all the broths any suggestions of what else to have beside broths

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 9/4/2018 at 9:15 PM, kdiddle31 said:

Got my surgery date: October 22, 2018....and now the wait... Would love to gather a cohort here to go through this with!!!

I just found this site. I'm new. My surgery is scheduled for October 26, 2018.

Good luck on your upcoming surgeries! I had mine on Tuesday. Everyday gets a little better.