Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

On 10/16/2018 at 11:20, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Same here!! Not as hungry as before maybe but I definitely get hungry!! See my doc tomorrow and will ask if he really took anything out!! 😂

That's how I feel! Will be asking on Friday (no pain either). I fear that I have been punked!

I still get hungry as well. 2 weeks post op today. I think once we get on real food this will improve. The liquids go right through us and haven’t experienced a “full” pouch of food. Ive had a few blended Soups that were thicker and I felt very full after those and was like thank goodness it works. I was worried myself that something wasn’t working.

I have answers to questions that I have brought up to the group from my two week post op appointment today and wanted to share.

1) Apparently the pulling of a muscle pain I was experiencing is normal and most likely scar tissue breaking up. The pulling comes from my largest incision above my belly button. They said to keep walking and that will help.

2) Loading up on Protein at once is not a good thing. Apparently we can’t absorb more than 30 grams of protein at a time.

Also, my weightloss majorly slowed down this past week. I was only down 3 lbs. I was told that it was normal but discouraging after loosing 10 lbs my 1st week post op and also 10 lbs the week before surgery on the liver shrinking diet.

I have my appt tomorrow.. good to know some of these answers! I haven’t lost much if any since surgery so I know the feeling.. it’ll pick back up!!

I gained 15 pounds from surgery and I was only there 24 hrs. I know it's all the fluids they pump into you. I'm 5 days post-op and I've lost 10 of those 15 pounds but can easily see myself being at my surgery weight at my 2 week check-up. I'm hoping that's normal.

I was sleeved on 10-15-18. So, 1 day post op and I’m resting at home. Hurts to take sips, just trying to figure out what temp works best for me. I am really sore and thirsty. Just trying to stay hydrated because I don’t wanna have to go back into the hospital. 1st day I was up and down and walking all around halls and the nurses station. Ice packs are a life saver. Tylenol w/ codeine helps with the belly pain, but my throat is still kind of sore. Trying to walk walk walk and sip sip sip. And remembering that this pain and nausea is only temporary. This too shall pass. Hope everyone is doing well.

Sooo I made my family this amazing roast and potatoes tonight. I couldn’t resist and put in my mouth chewed and spit out. Boohoo. Starting to feel the food cravings...

Congratulations Granmasleeve, I think you just did! Keep posting your trials, sorrows and victories along the Weight Loss Road, and I think you will find you have a new. group,of friends, and these are especially good friends here. They have, ate or will be encountering equal things in their lives and can share a lot of advice. So Granmasleeve you have,made it home.😛

My surgery isn't until October 29 so I will be behind a lot of you in terms of what stage I'm in but I am on day 3 of my liquid diet and have decided I needed to reach out to a community/forum of people who know what I am going through. I've been dealing with family and friends not agreeing with my choice to have the sleeve done (or any bariatric surgery for that matter) and I thought I was going to be fine but after spending an hour crying in the shower today out of hunger and frustration, I realize I am going to need all the advice I can get. It's been helpful to read some of the past posts and know I'm not alone. It's a start...

Hi, I’m new here too. Had my surgery on the 11th. I’m sorry you’re going through a tough time with your family. Of course I can’t speak as to why they are against you having surgery. I don’t think anyone “likes” a loved one going under the knife. But at the end of the day you have to remember this choice was for you. So you can have a chance to regain control of your life and health. The liquid diet isn’t fun and I’m sure is contributing to how your feeling. Hang in there... it definitely gets better!!

2 weeks out today and cleared to move to pureed food. I decided to wait until dinner to have the pureed food because I didn't want to have a negative reaction while at work. Took about two bites of pureed chicken with mayo and was full. A little discomfort adjusting to the non-liquid but not too bad. I'm afraid to push it though so I'll probably sticking with liquids and yogurt for Breakfast and lunch tomorrow also. Biggest problems right now are pain towards left of my belly button and not being regular[emoji90]. Pain only occur when I move the wrong way. I'm hoping it normal surgery pain and not a hernia or anything like that. Overall, this experience has not been bad at all. Have not experienced a single regret. Very happy to be on the loser's bench.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Bmanns01, I've been there. You are NOT alone! We've been talking about this exact topic in the Unsupportive partners make me so angry! forum.

I'm having surgery next Tuesday and I'm going alone BUT these forums have been so helpful. You are doing what you feel is best. We are all doing what we feel is best for our body, our health, and our mental state of mind. My parents, children, husband, siblings all think I am making a bad decision, but I'm not going to let their negative energy affect me. I started my pre-op diet yesterday and it was a struggle but when I weighed myself today and saw I lost 6 lbs, I knew I am on the right track. This just motivates me to keep going. I met with my PCP yesterday and she intimately knows my struggles and she was very happy for me for taking this step. This motivated me as well. So I will get on the plane on Monday, by myself, and do what I have to ensure my journey is successful. I am here for you too anytime you need to talk!

Hi, I’m new here too. Had my surgery on the 11th. I’m sorry you’re going through a tough time with your family. Of course I can’t speak as to why they are against you having surgery. I don’t think anyone “likes” a loved one going under the knife. But at the end of the day you have to remember this choice was for you. So you can have a chance to regain control of your life and health. The liquid diet isn’t fun and I’m sure is contributing to how your feeling. Hang in there... it definitely gets better!!
Thank you for reaching out. My family are in three distinct groups: 1. My husband and kids (ages 16 & 19) are trying to be supportive but since they are all active and not overweight, it's hard now that I am on a liquid diet. 2. There is the "I'm disappointed in you." Crowd. Those that I've told who, despite watching me struggle for over 20 years still think it's because I don't really want to lose the weight. "You don't need to get the surgery. Just eat like you already have." To them it's a willpower issue and if I truly wanted to lose the weight, I would. Then there's group 3. A small group of family who believe in ONLY holistic medicine. This is the group that's been the most difficult to stomach. They've told me I'm going to die from the complications, I'm going to spend the rest of my life depressed and an outcast because I won't be able to be a part of family gatherings (which ALWAYS include a ton of food/sweets) and if I would just commit to a couple flushes and the whole 30 diet, I could get the same results.

I had come to terms with the negativity and settled in knowing my husband was behind me. But now that I'm on the liquid diet, all those fears I had laid to rest are weighing on my mind...it's only been 3 days and I'm frustrated and angry. My sons football team has their team dinner Thursday and family dinner Sunday...here I am making taco salad and chili and I can't even have a bite. Sweetest day is coming up this weekend as well as my husband's birthday and for the first time in 19 years, i can't take him out to dinner. I just really hope giving all of this up is worth it in the end. I don't want to stretch my pouch and end up right back where I am now. [emoji53]

Sent from my BLN-L24 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am scheduled for surgery on October 29th and cannot believe that it is coming up so fast. It seemed so far away when I started my 6 month nutrition classes. I keep looking at this 4 ounce glass of Water that I poured and find it hard to believe that post op it is going to take an hour to drink such a small amount of water.