Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

2 hours ago, Georgetown said:

I’m going in tomorrow! Good luck!

Good luck to you too! Please let us know how it goes for you.

Edited by llhill

I know that many of you are well into your process post-surgery, just letting you know how inspired I am!! Thanks for sharing your tips, ups and downs. My date is coming along fast 10/17 and I can’t wait. [emoji16]
Good luck!

Hi grapefruit. My surgery is 10/16. Can’t wait either! Good luck to you!
Good luck!

have any of you recent surgeries been experiencing heartburn/acid reflux? If so, did you have a hiatal hernia repair with your surgery?

I’m getting the sleeve done but also have the hiatal hernia repair as well 10/24.. and was curious if those with the same kind of procedure noticed improvements afterwards?

Btw, @bigcurt I tried your suggestion and it helped me.. thanks a lot. I didn’t think pickles were allowed on the pre-op liquid diet.

4 hours ago, llhill said:

Good luck to you too! Please let us know how it goes for you.

Will do! Thanks

8 hours ago, JacquieK said:

How do you get to have all your surgery and weights to show including the cute chart?

4 hours ago, llhill said:

Thanks for asking. I was wondering the same thing. I hope some one will post the instructions.

I have everything filled out within My Surgery>Progress (left hand side menu) and made sure that my information is public. My Surgery is found in the drop down menu under your name at the top right.

To get the ticker in the signature, under My Ticker complete the ticker and then check to include it in your signature.

If you have already done this, then I am not sure. :(

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.13.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Great @Georgetown! I’ll look forward to your posts. Good luck to you tomorrow! Thanks @kathy060464! On another note,
I’m assuming that if you are using the BariatricPal app (like me), you don’t see these charts you all are speaking of? Thanks for the info @electricboogaloo

Hi I just had my surgery on 10/11. I also had lap band removal and a hernia repair. If anything I’ve noticed a remarkable difference in that my reflux is basically gone. For the first time in years I’m able to lay flat and sleep!!!

On 10/13/2018 at 3:40 AM, cw19147 said:

I’m 11 days post op (10/1) and this is the first day I’ve felt like myself. I had my 2 week check up today and my surgeon and nutritionist say all is going well. I’m down 20 lbs and was cleared to start stage 4. In my excitement I ate too fast. Got down 4 bites of chicken and it felt wrong. Then I felt sick and threw up. Horrible. Can I just live on shakes and yogurt? I also also got the all clear to exercise but I’m still so fatigued I don’t know what I could possibly get accomplished. Anyway, is anyone concerned about getting enough Water?

Sleeve 4 october, already on soft solid food (Swiss protocols are different) but had to add in some shakes to get enough Protein. I am having trouble getting more than 1.25 L per day of Water, adding in a couple of shakes helped get more protein and also liquids (I can count them as both :-)) definitely eat really slowly with meat and do the softest kind of prep (baked, poached/sautee in water). You can live on shakes but do try to add in one or two bites of whatever is allowed, its a work your way up sort of thing.

So I kinda just realized that this is for sleevers, but I’m RNY bypass on the 30th 😂 I haven’t seen an Oct 2018 bypass group..... so is it cool if I still hang here? Haha

@IrishGal21 started one a month ago or you could hang also with the November Bypassers ,at October 30 you are kind of" on the cusp" of them, I'm sure they both would be tickled to have you. it is nice to have someone to share things with!

On 10/16/2018 at 11:22, aapb79Gmail.com said:

I was sleeved 10/1 and I thought you weren’t supposed to be as hungry as you were before. I am starving!!!
Same here!! Not as hungry as before maybe but I definitely get hungry!! See my doc tomorrow and will ask if he really took anything out!! 😂