Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

How are our October 1 sleevers doing?
Tomorrow's folks - [mention=348955]bmatt418[/mention], [mention=332232]cindy t[/mention], [mention=349393]Deanayeah[/mention], [mention=348344]Lizzieming[/mention], [mention=349539]Marla522[/mention], [mention=347072]nikoleroze[/mention], [mention=347112]Oct517[/mention] - are you ready? Best of luck to you all! Check in when you can!
I'm one of the October 3 folks, and I won't do my post-surgery check-in before I get home on (here's hoping) the 4th--I use these forums through the browser, not the app. I also won't update the list of surgery buddies for a couple of days, so if someone else wants to, feel free? But I'll scroll back and add people, once I'm up to it, so no worries.
Here's the list as it stands now, so you can all find and befriend your surgery buddies! [emoji173]️
Oct 1:
aapb79Gmail.com
chicagogirl74
chuckwalsh
clara1900
cw19147
irishgal21
JennieJuniper
momofmjbm
Red Alicia
Yare_2018
Oct 2:
bmatt418
cindy t
Deanayeah
Lizzieming
Marla522
nikoleroze
Oct517
Oct 3:
boringtessa
crankymagpie
LosingLbs18
mamadownsizing
sekud02
Oct 4:
AriesMary25
btrfly
kerbear1980
mspink702
rnchaveri1
sleevemebaby7781
swisskath
Oct 5:
rafc100
Suesloosinit
Oct 8:
Crystalmartin82
jhojho90
Oct 9:
bigcurt
emccomis
mailchickie76
Oct 10:
busyforever
fandangle
MeeAhhh
oct102018
Oct 11:
aussie Ange
healthygirl05
kathy060464
UncleBeezy
willowfinely
Oct 12:
afer0841
zpratt
Oct 14:
katiemarie22
Oct 15:
allyb15
annaisbananas
April1965
JessLess
MegsNiko (or maybe the 17th?)
recreating_courtney
Tina6769
Oct 16:
2shea
beccaconaty87
br3n
Thisismytime
Wincy
Oct 17:
Chello219
Grapefruit
JustKeepSwimming
OpsMatt
Oct 18:
shazz73
Oct 22:
clb164
kimberlymi
laceco
marciamae3474
Oct 23:
kdiddle31
mimi
tahoegirl96118
Oct 24:
Beachladee3
GirlShrinking
tuttlemomma
Oct 25:
AndreaK.
kiwiangel23
Oct 26:
carebear38
shany1567
Oct 29:
1BigHeart
jflower88
Kai91
kjallen
nedawson1908
Rgiannos
Oct 30:
sleevegirl88
Oct 31:
relaxrelaterelease
You are amazing for doing this! A natural leader and motivator! How are you feeling? I had mine the day after you. I am feeling much better today than even earlier today while I was in the hospital. I was able to get a few sips of a protien shake and I think I have come back to life again. Lol how are you doing? DM me. Lets keep in touch!

Sent from my SM-G892U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery Monday lots of pain until mid day Wednesday now just occasional discomfort (sudden movements, etc). I’m exhausted though. I walked around my apartment building and was completely winded (I typically walk a lot more). Otherwise, I feel good. Also I never realized how wonderful popsicles are lol.

Had my Pre-op assessment yesterday, all good there and paid my fees! I guess it’s actually happening. Surgery on Tuesday.

On 10/04/2018 at 14:04, aapb79Gmail.com said:

Anyone post op having as much trouble as I am getting all of your fluids in
Yes! I feel like I’m behind all day but I’ve found that sticking with liquids and avoiding pudding, yogurts, etc. helps. I even add Protein Shake to my coffee. I only drink Protein Water. The only thing I have that doesn’t have protein is popsicles and my nutritionist told me today they count towards my liquid. It’s only 3-4 oz but if you have two you’ve already got one cup down. So I sip water and shakes all day and then make Soup which takes me hours to finish but I prefer savory to sweet so I don’t mind cold soup since it’s breaks the monotony.

woot down 1kg (2.2lb) in my preop diet, which I started on the 2nd of this month.

My man said to me today, "honey, Ill go shopping for you today, so that you dont have to stress buying food before your surgery,( I have 4 babes aged 12,11,5 and 4 who are currently on school holidays here in Australia) and he brings home a blueberry and custard log for the babes for afternoon tea, Its smelt so good that I wanted to cry. then I made my babes lunch, and the freshest of bread was opened with crusty outside and beautiful inside, the smell was great.

havent cheated yet must stay strong (struggling) surgery in 4 more days. I miss my carbs😭

1 hour ago, sleevemebaby7781 said:

How are you feeling? I had mine the day after you. I am feeling much better today than even earlier today while I was in the hospital. I was able to get a few sips of a protien shake and I think I have come back to life again. Lol how are you doing?

I haven't had any Protein Shake yet, so you're ahead of me! I did have some Protein Water today, the rest of a bottle I had abandoned in my fridge at the end of my pre-op clear liquid day. And a lot of Decaf hot tea. I'm going to try one of the "thicker" Protein Shakes (something more than just protein water) tomorrow, really slowly. I don't like that I've gone two days in a row with basically no protein, but I did make sure to get extra before the surgery.

A popsicle made me nauseated at the hospital, so it was late in the day, today, when I finally gave in and had one, to see if I could handle it better. That was good, so I see more of them in my future.

If I'm feeling as much better tomorrow, compared to today, as I felt today, compared to yesterday, I should be able to get to the 64 ounce goal on liquid, and hopefully have a lot of it be protein, to boot.

I'm glad you're feeling so much better already! That's awesome!

Any one else who has had the sleeve this week waking up in the middle of the night insanely thirsty?? I keep waking up which I expect because it’s not 100% comfy yet but I’m sooo thirsty. Just want to chug Water.

12 hours ago, sleevemebaby7781 said:

You are amazing for doing this! A natural leader and motivator! How are you feeling? I had mine the day after you. I am feeling much better today than even earlier today while I was in the hospital. I was able to get a few sips of a protien shake and I think I have come back to life again. Lol how are you doing? DM me. Lets keep in touch!

I am doing alright. I am getting all my liquids and protien in. I think my body was not ready for cream Soups yet. I felt nauseated and had diareeah horribly. I need to start walking somewhere besides the house. I have just been taking liquid tylenol at night if I need it. I need to work more on writing down what I am eating and drinking.

It’s interesting to see the different requirements pre and post op from others. My surgeon had no pre op diet changes and strictly only Clear Liquids first 7 days after surgery Protein introduced day 8. Getting my mind ready for 10/15. Big changes coming 🙂

A hug for you April in advance! Big changes but good changes ahead! 😜Smiles and a happy Day!

For those of you who are home - how are stairs? My doc says I'll be OK in my 3-story townhome, but I'm concerned. Bedroom is on 3rd floor, as is only full bath. Half bath on 2nd floor (as is kitchen and living room). How hard is that going to be? And there's not a lot of room to walk, so if I want to walk, I'll really need to go outside. Thanks!

And any advice on anything I can pre-prep? Planning to buy various Protein Drinks, probably cook some veggies down to purees and freeze them so they're ready for at stage. Bought some of those Millie's sipping broth bags and some unflavored Protein Powder to use with them. Anything else I can cook/do now to make it easier. I just know after a previous (orthopedic) surgery, I was SO tired for weeks after and had a hard time getting myself motivated to cook. Thanks!

Edited by notmyname

On 10/06/2018 at 12:59, notmyname said:

For those of you who are home - how are stairs? My doc says I'll be OK in my 3-story townhome, but I'm concerned. Bedroom is on 3rd floor, as is only full bath. Half bath on 2nd floor (as is kitchen and living room). How hard is that going to be? And there's not a lot of room to walk, so if I want to walk, I'll really need to go outside. Thanks!

And any advice on anything I can pre-prep? Planning to buy various Protein drinks, probably cook some veggies down to purees and freeze them so they're ready for at stage. Bought some of those Millie's sipping broth bags and some unflavored Protein powder to use with them. Anything else I can cook/do now to make it easier. I just know after a previous (orthopedic) surgery, I was SO tired for weeks after and had a hard time getting myself motivated to cook. Thanks!

Stairs are tough at first but just take them one at a time and take breaks if you’re going up two sets. I’m on the second floor and have to walk my dog.

1 hour ago, notmyname said:

And any advice on anything I can pre-prep? Planning to buy various Protein drinks, probably cook some veggies down to purees and freeze them so they're ready for at stage. Bought some of those Millie's sipping broth bags and some unflavored Protein powder to use with them. Anything else I can cook/do now to make it easier. I just know after a previous (orthopedic) surgery, I was SO tired for weeks after and had a hard time getting myself motivated to cook. Thanks!

My bedroom is on the third floor, relative to where we park. I'll be real: the drive home (just a few miles, though the roads here are crappy), followed by the trip up the first flight of stairs, nearly made me throw up. I didn't, but it was very close. I didn't enjoy the trip to the third floor, that evening, either.

Today is my second full day home (surgery 10/3), and I don't notice the stairs especially much, now. I haven't been outside to walk yet. I just do laps around the living room and pace up and down the hall.

I didn't have enough sugar-free Jello in the house when I left for my surgery. I sent my spouse to get more. I like the premeasured cups, because it's easier to know how much I'm getting.

I don't have enough premade protein drinks, either, but that was kind of by design, since everyone said "your tastes will change." I also wanted to know what would settle. I'm doing well on Unjury. I haven't tried the one Muscle Milk I have left in the pantry, yet. Quest powder mixed with Water might be OK, but I think it's going to be too thick if I try it with milk--I'm definitely going to hold off another day before risking that.