Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Just had some onion Soup broth and it tastes amazing! I want to try to drive tomorrow but my family is worried it’s too soon.. thoughts?
If you're on pain medication, do not drive. I'd also allow at least 48 hrs for it to leave your body once you're off pain meds

1 hour ago, CrankyMagpie said:

OK, I'm home, after my surgery yesterday (10/3). The medical staff all said I seemed good to go home, and I wasn't going to argue, but I'll be real: getting my 64 ounces tomorrow looks like an insurmountable struggle.

I nearly hurled after the car ride and the walk up stairs, but happily I did not.

Also, they really wanted me to do shots in my stomach, even though I definitely warned the surgeon I wasn't going to be able to do that, so I have to walk extra to make up for not having any blood thinner. It's a little scary.

@CrankyMagpie Glad to hear your surgery went well overall; best of luck to you! The next few days should get easier. <3

4 hours ago, jgirlnyc said:

Got surgery 10/2. Still in pain, gassy and bloated. I can barely sip broth or eat Jello 😕

Try walking as much as you can and I move your arm/shoulders that helps releasing the gasses.

Hey everyone! I just found out that my insurance has approved the surgery and got my date of October 25!

@margocl nope not on any pain meds as of a few days ago :)

On 9/30/2018 at 2:13 PM, jflower88 said:

Its on the schedule for the 29th!

AWESOME!!!! Congrats. I am sure you are excited. That's the exact day that I'll be receiving my final clearance from the pulmonary doctor because I got stuck having to wear this cpap for 30 days before I could get cleared. How are things coming? When do you start your liquids, or do you have that process?

I'm new to the forum. I have scheduled sleeve surgery on Oct 23rd and I start my pre-op diet on the 16th. I was even thinking about starting the pre-op earlier. I also started walking more so it doesn't hurt so much after the surgery.

Edited by llhill

Today is my day. I get the sleeve. Plus more than I bargained for. I have to have my gallbladder removed and the part of my stomach that is in my chest cavity has to be detached from my organs in my chest and brought down into my abdomen. That is the scary part to me; them having to work in my chest area. However, I know God has this so I am going to go through with all of it. I will let you guys know how i am doing when I am done. I pray all of you who had yours this week are doing great! Bye for now :)

@margocl nope not on any pain meds as of a few days ago :)
Then you should be ok. It was a little rough driving (motion sickness) but after a solid week I was almost normal behind the wheel (as far as comfort)

Thanks Margo! I’ll try short distances at first

OK, this is the list for people to find their sleeve buddies, if they want. Forgive me if I made any mistakes, please -- I'm not on the fun pain meds right now, but my head's still fuzzy today. I did my best. I'll fix any mistakes I made, just let me know. (Bonus points if you do not quote this whole post, because it is huge.)

Oct 1:
aapb79Gmail.com
chicagogirl74
chuckwalsh
clara1900
cw19147
irishgal21
JennieJuniper
momofmjbm
Red Alicia
Yare_2018

Oct 2:
bmatt418
cindy t
Deanayeah
jgirlnyc
Lizzieming
Marla522
nikoleroze
Oct517

Oct 3:
boringtessa
crankymagpie
LosingLbs18
mamadownsizing
sekud02

Oct 4:
AriesMary25
btrfly
kerbear1980
mspink702
rnchaveri1
sleevemebaby7781
swisskath

Oct 5:
greener pastures
mommytina
rafc100
Suesloosinit

Oct 8:
Crystalmartin82
jhojho90

Oct 9:
bigcurt
mailchickie76

Oct 10:
busyforever
fandangle
MeeAhhh
oct102018

Oct 11:
aussie Ange
healthygirl05
kathy060464
UncleBeezy
willowfinely

Oct 12:
afer0841
Tabularasa2018
zpratt

Oct 14:
katiemarie22

Oct 15:
allyb15
annaisbananas
April1965
JessLess
llrn90
MegsNiko (or maybe the 17th?)
recreating_courtney
redaj954
Tina6769

Oct 16:
2shea
beccaconaty87
br3n
Thisismytime
ummyasmin
Wincy

Oct 17:
Chello219
Fawksy
Grapefruit
Jlh2350
JustKeepSwimming
OpsMatt

Oct 18:
shazz73

Oct 20:
Lucybear22

Oct 22:
clb164
GizzlyKitten
kimberlymi
laceco
marciamae3474

Oct 23:
emccomis
kdiddle31
llhill
mimi
tahoegirl96118

Oct 24:
Beachladee3
GirlShrinking
Lovingmyselfforever
tuttlemomma

Oct 25:
AndreaK.
kiwiangel23
teenyshell

Oct 26:
amanda-xo
carebear38
shany1567

Oct 29:
1BigHeart
JadineC
jflower88
Kai91
kjallen
nedawson1908
notmyname
Rgiannos

Oct 30:
sleevegirl88
wishful.shrinking

Oct 31:
relaxrelaterelease

18 hours ago, redaj954 said:

Got my date, October 15th. Started the pre-op liquid diet and its rough but I will make it through!

same date as me - started my pre-op today as well. I know I can do this, just worried about those around me - hope I don't get too mean!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in :) had my surgery Monday 10/1 and I feel great :) just went for a short walk with my dog and got some gas out lol but I took Percocet once in the hospital Tuesday, Tylenol Tuesday night, and since then no pain meds. A few days were tough I won’t lie, but I feel really good and you will too!!!! I’m able to sleep on my side now (game changer as I hate sleeping on my back) and can’t wait to start something other than Protein Shakes etc in a few days :) stay strong all!!!!

Alright, after surgery on the 3rd, I'm finally home from the hospital, safe and doing well! A little out of it, but feeling good, feeling like I've done the right thing!