Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

On 10/04/2018 at 09:24, emccomis said:

My surgery has been moved from 10/9 to 10/23. Started the liquid diet for a day and a half when I found out it was moved. Just another hurdle but it will be okay!
Awe that’s sucks! did they tell ya why?

17 hours ago, JadineC said:

new to this site; my surgery is scheduled for October 29! Nervous, excited, everything in between!

Welcome, I'm on the 29th also!

Teen tiny bites, start with sugar free popsicles, your tummy may rebel at that much bulk. I recommend the Tropical sf popsicle brand over the plain orange-cherry- grape box, get more in it but not as refreshing.

October 3rd! I'm nervous! And also excited!
Btw, thanks for labeling this thread "2018." There are two other October threads that don't have the year marked, and I really hope some of us stay in touch through 2019 and 2020, at least. No sense in confusing next year's sleevers!
I hope your surgery went well!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

23 days until my surgery day!!! I am getting a little nervous, not so much about the surgery it self but more about the pre liquid diet, and the after.

A few questions on my mind.
How will my body adjust?
How much loose skin will I have?
How will I start going to the gym? what kind of workout can I do? do I need a trainer?
Does everyone get nausea & gas? (Any tips to help)
What was it like to go back to work?

Anyone else out there with an October 24-26th 2018 surgery date?
- I need a surgery buddy!!🙂

8 minutes ago, aapb79Gmail.com said:

Anyone post op having as much trouble as I am getting all of your fluids in

I got surgery on the 1st. Today I was supposed to start drinking the Protein but I don't like it. I have only had 2 sip of Protein Shake. I'm finally doing okay with Water Jell-O and G2. In a few hours I'll try a homemade broth. No pain at all, I only dealing with gas pain.

I'm not counting how much liquid I'm getting in. I know I know I should be noting my progress.

So far this is the best day after surgery. When drinking I immediately go for a walk that helps with the gassed.

After surgery my vision has changed. Before surgery I wear my eyeglasses 24/7 but now I only need them to see from far, even from far I feel them weird, like if I were wearing other person eyeglasses.

Anyone with this weird situation after surgery?

Also having trouble getting liquids in. Mostly just want to rest and dream about crunchy things even though I’m not hungry

On 10/04/2018 at 12:40, amanda-xo said:

23 days until my surgery day!!! I am getting a little nervous, not so much about the surgery it self but more about the pre liquid diet, and the after.

How will my body adjust?

How will I start going to the gym? what kind of workout can I do? do I need a trainer?

I had all these questions on top of how to get my house ready and what to get in order for me to stay on track.

My surgery date is 10/24

1 hour ago, GirlShrinking said:

I had all these questions on top of how to get my house ready and what to get in order for me to stay on track.

My surgery date is 10/24

Ugh, so many questions... I guess we just have to figure it out as we go.

Are you going to be on a 2 week liquid diet?

3 hours ago, amanda-xo said:

How will my body adjust?

How will my body adjust?

Our bodies are an amazing organism, they adjust - it takes time, but it does adjust

I think everyone is different - and could also depend on how long you have been overweight and the skin has stretched (so to speak)

How did you start going to the gym before? Just walk through the doors and go. In the beginning (pending your plan) I was only allowed soft cardio, mainly walking. At the 1 month mark, I was cleared for more strenuous exercises

I don't think so on the nausea, I did not have any post surgery, occasionally if I eat something my pouch doesn't like. Gas, was a huge factor in the two weeks following surgery, walk walk walk, drink, drink, drink - use the spirometer EVERY HOUR

I went back to work a week later and I was a little tired, but took a nap when I got home and it re-energized me to get through the evening. I started off working 6 hours days and by the end of the week I was back to 8 hours days.