Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Im very fortunate, they aren't making me do a pre-op liquid diet because I lost enough weight already they are fine with just liquids the day before surgery only. but starting to get nervous and trying to tell the negative voices in my head to back off.

On 10/02/2018 at 16:30, GizzlyKitten said:

Im very fortunate, they aren't making me do a pre-op liquid diet because I lost enough weight already they are fine with just liquids the day before surgery only. but starting to get nervous and trying to tell the negative voices in my head to back off.

How much did you lose this far?

All went well! Very groggy and some pain but nothing unbearable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, GirlShrinking said:

How much did you lose this far?

They asked me to lose 5 and I lost 9 and am still going down. Might lose another 1-2lbs before the my surgery date on the 22nd.

On 10/1/2018 at 2:20 PM, Tina6769 said:

10/15 for me too!

Let's stay in touch!

Good luck to everyone going in! I had mine done on Monday. Everything went well other than the couple of things that came up during surgery. I needed a hiatal hernia repair and tons of scar tissue removed. I woke up in a tons of pain but was able to manage throughout the night and day yesterday. I was up and walking around with no issues and it helped a lot with gas. Force yourself to walk walk walk. I came home yesterday afternoon and slept until this morning. I’ve been managing the pain with liquid Tylenol and to my aurprise that has helped. I already can tell my biggest issue is going to be getting these liquids in because your body tells you no more very quickly. I am already up and about and if it stays this way then I would say, even with the extras during surgery, this recovery will not be that bad at all. Good luck everyone and pray I can get these liquids in today

Good luck to everyone going in! I had mine done on Monday. Everything went well other than the couple of things that came up during surgery. I needed a hiatal hernia repair and tons of scar tissue removed. I woke up in a tons of pain but was able to manage throughout the night and day yesterday. I was up and walking around with no issues and it helped a lot with gas. Force yourself to walk walk walk. I came home yesterday afternoon and slept until this morning. I’ve been managing the pain with liquid Tylenol and to my aurprise that has helped. I already can tell my biggest issue is going to be getting these liquids in because your body tells you no more very quickly. I am already up and about and if it stays this way then I would say, even with the extras during surgery, this recovery will not be that bad at all. Good luck everyone and pray I can get these liquids in today

I'm new to this site; my surgery is scheduled for October 29! Nervous, excited, everything in between!

Day 3 of the pre op diet, and it is getting much easier. The first 2 days I was so exhausted and had a headache. Luckily the headache has gone away and I don't feel quite as tired. I am so excited to be this close to my surgery date! Good Luck to all the OCTOBER sleevers/bypassers.

10/17 for me!

On 9/30/2018 at 4:53 PM, Kai91 said:

October 29th!!

I just got my surgery scheduled today and it is going to be Friday! So I don't have too long to stress myself out, lol. I found out I have to have a lot of extra work done at the same time so that is more concerning to me really. Part of my stomach is in my chest cavity so they have to go up and bring it back down where it is supposed to be. I have a hernia to fix too. My gallbladder has to come out because of gallstones found during testing. And if that isn't enough, he has to make a sort of flap thing so that the bile he found in my stomach doesn't have a way to make it up my esophagus when I have a much smaller stomach. So, those extra parts threw me for a loop, but I believe it is all in God's hands and will work out fine. I'm thankful it will all be over soon and I can start healing. :)

On 9/28/2018 at 2:37 AM, carebear38 said:

10/26 ♀️

ME TOO!!!