Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

On 9/18/2018 at 1:33 PM, Crystalmartin82 said:

How long is everyone’s preop diet? My dr only requires 1 week of liquids for preop. I start that oct 1.

The nutritionists have had me following some of the post-op rules (final phase, I mean) since June, but the liquid diet is only one week for me. 4 Protein Shakes or strained cream Soups and unlimited broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Protein Water, and water. The final day is clear liquids only -- broth, sf popsicles, sf jello, and protein water. My surgery is October 3rd, so I start next Wednesday.

The nutritionists have had me following some of the post-op rules (final phase, I mean) since June, but the liquid diet is only one week for me. 4 Protein Shakes or strained cream Soups and unlimited broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, Protein Water, and water. The final day is Clear Liquids only -- broth, sf popsicles, sf jello, and protein water. My surgery is October 3rd, so I start next Wednesday.
I just had my surgery on Monday. I promise, you can do this. I struggled the last week before my surgery, was so hungry on the pre op diet. But the day of surgery they weighed me and i was down 15 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hmm, so having a cookie over the holidays might be OK, but we need to really buckle down for the first quarter of 2019. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4422859/ :)

(In plainer English, it appears that the speed of people's weight loss in months 3-6 is a solid predictor of how much weight they'll lose total, independent of other factors.)

Newbie here! Joined the forum just to share my surgery date of October 9th. Excited to be in the October class with everyone! Should definitely keep in touch with each other on progress.

I am having the sleeve done at Wake Forest, in NC with Dr. Fernandez. I am definitely on the bigger scale for a sleeve patience (500lb), but I'm otherwise healthy so I'm hoping that it won't matter long term. Thanks for all the positive comments!

Got my surgery date: October 22, 2018....and now the wait... Would love to gather a cohort here to go through this with!!!
Mine is scheduled for October 11th. Love to be your cohort! I can use all the support I can get.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

I am scheduled 10/1. Has anyone started the pre op liquid diet? I am on day 4 and down 8lbs. It I dying on this and feel like absolute crap and need some help!!! Anyone feeling any better after starting it
I don't start mine until Wednesday. I'm really dreading it though. Hope it gets better for you.

The first day I was in shock I think, second day by far the worst. I had the worst headache ever and couldn’t stop pooping (tmi). I did expect this as our bodies detox. My headache has gotten a lot better but I’m just so exhausted and starving!!!! I’m trying so so hard but I just want to sleep for the next week!!!