Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

Seeing surgeon Tuesday and hoping for a date in October. I’m a newb here. Nice to see encouragement. Really needing this surgery ASAP. Tired of going to a mall and no clothes fit and retail staff ignorance

Hello everyone. I finally got approval for surgery. I will be going in at the end of the month to schedule my surgery for October... most likely at the end of October. I’m very excited and nervous. Best of luck to all the October sleevers.

Start learning to separate your eating drinking by a half hour. Start learning to sip, no more chugging, no,lmore bolting that stuff down. Start eating slower, after surgery you want to chew into very smooth consistency. Traditionally they say applesauce, I personally say Apple Butter. May have to be 20-30,times each. Sounds rough, well,your new sleeve,on pounch is very tender and crabby at first. This is my,10th day,post, thought i,had this thing licked? Last,night my pouch and. I had a disaggreement, Precious Puch won that argument. This morning I'm sucking,on a suger free popsicle, wondering if we are still in a state of truce.
I am already on Stage 3, rare,but some doctors move THAT fast. Thursday diet and liquids went well, so I got,brave, wanted to venture to something else. Bad idea, right now I'm still figuring things after all. But,i am seeing positive body changes all ready. They are small, but they make me continue.
Found out I can and will do this. And in a month you will be where I am encouraging the November chicks and dudes. Stay strong it is beautiful,being where I am.
HW 355 10/2017
Sw 303. 9/05/2018
height 5ft 8in
Goal 175 and I am. 72 years old. If i can do it, most everybody,younger has a good chance of success.

I can see already that you are going to be my go-to person. Your words of advice are going to be of great value to me. I have a little over 3 weeks till my surgery. My bad habits are inhaling my food after two bites and large portions. So, to hear you tell me to start practicing the small bites and thirty chews is just what I need to hear. If you are three weeks post op, then you will be 6-7 weeks ahead of me. I’m going to follow your path. Thank you for helping to pave my way to better health.

Well thank you. Cindy t, I have had several mentors here on Bariatric Pal , it will be my honor to,pay it forward. It hasn't always been easy,since September 5th, in fact the last 18 hours have been horrid, but I will,bounce back,up to the top.

Hi there, my date is 5th Oct and Im getting a tad anxious about it. I think my issue is I eat way to fast, Im trying to slow down and also not chugging Water. I've given up sodas and really cant drink them any more, water is doing well. bread is this going this week (I hope). I will be on here constantly once the liquid diet starts up, getting Vitamins in starting this week too. Hope everyone has a good week =)

On 9/5/2018 at 12:23 PM, Oct517 said:

I'm scheduled for October 2nd!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Edited by cindy t

On 9/5/2018 at 12:23 PM, Oct517 said:

I'm scheduled for October 2nd!

Me too! If you want to exchange contact info, let me know. I need all the support i can get!

I am a newbie and so happy to have found this thread! I am scheduled for October 31st, Halloween day but I am not spooked at all. Estatic is a better word. I also am very apprehensive about sharing my news with certain family members out of fear of judgement....still debating if I will share my plan at all. My SO, brother and children are the only ones I have told and they are super supportive. Again. so glad to have found you all!

On 9/16/2018 at 4:12 PM, Suesloosinit said:

Hi there, my date is 5th Oct and Im getting a tad anxious about it. I think my issue is I eat way to fast, Im trying to slow down and also not chugging Water. I've given up sodas and really cant drink them any more, Water is doing well. bread is this going this week (I hope). I will be on here constantly once the liquid diet starts up, getting Vitamins in starting this week too. Hope everyone has a good week =)

I'm scheduled for the 2nd. If you'd like to exchange contact info, let me know. I can use all the support i can get!

On 9/11/2018 at 7:29 PM, mamadownsizing said:

Hi guys, newbie here (also from Australia - hi)

My surgery is in 3 weeks time, October 3rd. I just started my 3-week pro-op shake diet today.... gaaaaah! So nervous and excited at the same time.

Good luck, mine is the 2nd! Super excited and ready!

Me too! If you want to exchange contact info, let me know. I need all the support i can get!
Surgery buddies! I also could use all the support I can get! On my phone rn so i can't access your profile to shoot you a private message but will do with my contact info once I get back to the office

October 10! Just found out insurance approved it - I’m over the moon. Pre-op diet begins Sunday!