Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2018 Sleevers

@kdiddle31 Sorry to hear about the negative reaction. My friends and family have been very supportive, though I have only told those closest to me so far. I'm not too worried about negativity, I'm doing this for me, no one else, and I am confident in my decision...so, I would just smile and carry on!

I wish I could take 4 weeks off, but with this being an elective surgery I am having to use my personal time off and have no medical leave. My plan is to take 1 week off, then work from home the 2nd week if I am able. @shazz73 I am sad about losing coffee also. I usually only have 1-2 cups a day, but I am going to miss them. I have never been a soda drinker, so that part doesnt bother me as much.

I am sooo ready for surgery day! I have my scope next week, then my preop appt the week after, then it's time for the 2 week liquid diet... so hopefully time will move quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

October 23rd for me and I too am scared stupid about the surgery.

I have 6 weeks to go so at the 1 month mark I'm going to switch to something like Medifast or Diet Direct liquid foods. Their stuff isn't too bad and it will get me in the "groove" for post op. I'm not a fan of pain meds and from what I've heard it's not horrible. I just broke my wrist a few months ago and was fine. I broke my right had 6 years ago and had to have surgery on it and only took Motrin so I think I got this....

The nickname my dad gave me when I was a kid was "big chief chicken heart". So true.

Hi guys, newbie here (also from Australia - hi)

My surgery is in 3 weeks time, October 3rd. I just started my 3-week pro-op shake diet today.... gaaaaah! So nervous and excited at the same time.

Hey, @mamadownsizing! We're semi-surgery-date-buddies! (Since your time zone is so far ahead of ours, you're actually probably closer on surgery time to @Oct517 than to me. But still,) October 3rd! Hi-5! 👍

Hello everyone! My gastric sleeve surgery is scheduled for 10/15 and I can’t wait. It’s been a wild ride! 12 years ago I had the lapband. I was 257 and got down to 167. I had two pregnancies and lost all of the weight right after. About 8 months ago I started having a lot of issues with the band. Long story short I have to have it removed due to erosion and have gotten back up to 225 and feeling like crap! I have lost the greatest tool I had to help me and I can’t wait until this surgery to get me back on track. I start my pre op diet on 10/1 and that is stressing me out a bit but I’ll push through. I am only hoping for no complications and a quick recovery as I have three wild and crazy kids!!! Hoping to connect with some or all of you for support and experiences!

October is the month! Date not set until end of September. Can't wait. Started walking more, cut caffeine waaay back, no soda. Still have to tell people.......besides my husband and boss, that is.

Can someone explain to me how to connect with other members on here who are having their surgery in October? I'd like to be able to message people privately to talk about our progress or issues we might be having.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Can someone explain to me how to connect with other members on here who are having their surgery in October? I'd like to be able to message people privately to talk about our progress or issues we might be having.
Click on the persons username it's in blue. It will take you to another page that has an option to send message. I will send you one now. I have an October date [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just got the approval!!! Thanks for the prayers and good vibes:) I'll follow up with the surgery date. Hoping for October!

Click on the persons username it's in blue. It will take you to another page that has an option to send message. I will send you one now. I have an October date [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks!

My surgery is set for 10/15/18! I just got approval the other day, after my 6 month supervised diet. I have been wanting to do this for years, but it was just this year that I had an insurance plan that covered the surgery. I am so excited to finally have a date set, but very nervous! I am hoping to get about 3 weeks off of work, but we'll see how the paperwork shakes out.