Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess I’m regretting a little...

Please look at the following chart prior to getting discouraged. It really helped me gain perspective.

https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/monthly_04_2016/post-290199-14616366840086.jpg

Give it time and walk, walk, walk. THERE will be stalls. Hit my goal at 18 months. Just had to be patient. I wish I had done this 20+ years ago. Loving my new body. You will get there too.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:17 AM, susunorm said:

Today marks two weeks since my surgery. Since August 21 till probably the 28th lost 14 pounds. More like Water weight. After that I have just been at the same weight and it has not even been two weeks. I know it has only been a short time but I feel like this is telling me, I should not have done it. I guess I need some encouraging words now. Thank you everyone

Hi. It’ll all be ok. It’s easy to become concerned when you’re not losing in a given week, especially right after having surgery (when you are consuming very little). I had a number of those moments since my December surgery. Part of the concern is...I just went through all of this and what if it doesn’t work for me even when I’m doing my part, right?

I was 305 lbs in the beginning of July last year. I’m now 205 lbs. The weight will come off. Just remind yourself of that when doubts cloud your vision. 🦋

I think most of us have been there.

And, when WE were, we were like, “Moan...groan...three week stall...why so slow....blah...blah...blah.” And, no kidding, many of us felt this way whether we were losing a little bit of weight or a metric butt ton. You folks seem to be doing so well!

There should be a drop down for all of us about these commonly aired first few week’s issues and feelings. Because the feelings and concerns are valid. You’re going through it and it matters as much as any other issue.

Here are a few things i’ve learned along the way:

First, If you follow your plan, things work out for almost everyone on their own timeline.

Second, The scale will stand still at times even when you are following your plan. That doesn’t mean your body isn’t changing in a positive manner. A scale doesn’t measure inches, only pounds.

Third, Nothing...NOTHING good comes from comparing your progress to another’s. Even if you are the exact height and weight. Each body has a different set of variables and the comparison thing is maddening. You’ll go bonkers trying to set your progress using someone else’s gauges. Just go with your rhythm, don’t sweat the pace, and live each day fully. Don’t miss the experience because you’re worrying about whether you’re on track. If you are following your plan, you’re on YOUR track just as you should be...going your speed.

(Here’s something else I think we forget sometimes...You are the only person to whom you are accountable, the only person you can let down, the only person who can be “cheated on” in this venture. Make your choices accordingly. Respect yourself, give yourself the best possible chance and you’ll get the best possible results nearly every time.)

Peace

It took you a lifetime to put the weight on. It's a long journey to get it off you. Also, the scale never, ever tells you the entire story. I promise, you are not broken. Your body is not going to defy physics. Your metabolism may be different, but it does not run on anxiety and air -- eventually, expending more energy than you consume will take off the pounds. Hang in there.

24 minutes ago, Megan Sadler said:

I’ll post this here too:

image-0.0109672546386719.jpg

Non -scale victories! I recently had a nasty cold. I bounced back super fast from it, whereas before I would have been down for like a week. It's not just what the scale says.

On 09/07/2018 at 20:46, Screwballski said:

I think most of us have been there.

And, when WE were, we were like, “Moan...groan...three week stall...why so slow....blah...blah...blah.” And, no kidding, many of us felt this way whether we were losing a little bit of weight or a metric butt ton. You folks seem to be doing so well!

There should be a drop down for all of us about these commonly aired first few week’s issues and feelings. Because the feelings and concerns are valid. You’re going through it and it matters as much as any other issue.

Here are a few things i’ve learned along the way:

First, If you follow your plan, things work out for almost everyone on their own timeline.

Second, The scale will stand still at times even when you are following your plan. That doesn’t mean your body isn’t changing in a positive manner. A scale doesn’t measure inches, only pounds.

Third, Nothing...NOTHING good comes from comparing your progress to another’s. Even if you are the exact height and weight. Each body has a different set of variables and the comparison thing is maddening. You’ll go bonkers trying to set your progress using someone else’s gauges. Just go with your rhythm, don’t sweat the pace, and live each day fully. Don’t miss the experience because you’re worrying about whether you’re on track. If you are following your plan, you’re on YOUR track just as you should be...going your speed.

(Here’s something else I think we forget sometimes...You are the only person to whom you are accountable, the only person you can let down, the only person who can be “cheated on” in this venture. Make your choices accordingly. Respect yourself, give yourself the best possible chance and you’ll get the best possible results nearly every time.)

Peace

I loved this. So much truth... thanks for your response i needed to read that.

I think I’m about to start a stall. I’ve been losing a little over a lb a day but started on food this week and this morning I’d only lost 1/2 a pound. Ugh. It was a little disheartening I’m 20.3 lbs away from breaking into the 100’s

Up your fluids, get those,body,products of weight,loss flushed out, KEEP exercising , maybe,change the style up, get outside and breathe the FRESH AIR, Happy Thought! You have had your Fall Stall, now on to Autumn Activites, and walk around and smile. There may be someone you meet who may not have a 😃 share one of your smiles😛 with him or her. And Remember Life is for the Living, you aren't doing anything else right now so LIVE BABY LIVE!

You are fresh out of it! I am about 4.5 months out and I’ve lost 89 lbs. 16 to go to goal weight! I only regret not doing it earlier. You will have plateaus and bumps, but keep doing the program. I know longer have sleep apnea, plantar fasciitis, and my kidney function has improved. The first month is the hardest.
I just went out for my anniversary and I had steak and king crab and a little dessert (and a cocktail!). you will enjoy food again.

You need more time. I posted the same thing two weeks post op. Now at 3 and a half months post op I’m losing weight and doing great.

On 09/04/2018 at 00:17, susunorm said:

Today marks two weeks since my surgery. Since August 21 till probably the 28th lost 14 pounds. More like Water weight. After that I have just been at the same weight and it has not even been two weeks. I know it has only been a short time but I feel like this is telling me, I should not have done it. I guess I need some encouraging words now. Thank you everyone
You are at the dreaded 3 week stall. It took a month for me to start losing again and it’s slow. However the inches on my waist and my body fat are dropping. I was lying too much attention to the scale. Now I weigh once a week. Try to stay motivated I hope it gets better for you.

Just want you to know I totally get it. I'm a slave to my scale even though I know I shouldn't be and there are days where I don't lose and I'm in a bad mood all day. Your feelings are normal. Sometimes, no matter how much we logically understand the process, our emotions get the best of us.