Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I guess I’m regretting a little...

Today marks two weeks since my surgery. Since August 21 till probably the 28th lost 14 pounds. More like Water weight. After that I have just been at the same weight and it has not even been two weeks. I know it has only been a short time but I feel like this is telling me, I should not have done it. I guess I need some encouraging words now. Thank you everyone

I just posted these exact feelings ....Igot sleeved on08/25/18...feeling remorse

12 minutes ago, susunorm said:

Today marks two weeks since my surgery. Since August 21 till probably the 28th lost 14 pounds. More like Water weight. After that I have just been at the same weight and it has not even been two weeks. I know it has only been a short time but I feel like this is telling me, I should not have done it. I guess I need some encouraging words now. Thank you everyone

Edited by Chachi50

So frustrating!

Sleeved on August 27th one week post op, and I am not sure I am regretting it, but questioning whether it is working.

I think we have to give it time. This is not going to be a quick fix. Look at what you posted 14lbs in a week that’s amazing!

Marathon, not a sprint. It's a lifestyle change and tool. You'll lose weight if you follow your surgical team's plan for you.

I feel the same way! Aug 21 and down 20 lbs and holding. Now I am fighting with dehydration! Ugh

Are you losing inches at all? The scale doesn't tell the whole story. Figure out the dehydration. I had to go in for fluids because I was dehydrated. It helped get me back on track.

Thank you for your response; Yes I do believe I am losing inches and it does not show on scale. I just started with dry mouth and know I am headed in the wrong direction so I am drinking, drinking and drinking. Not eliminating much but it is now pale yellow instead of sinking copper! I see MD in one day hoping I can get control of this dehydration thing before I have to go to ER.

Regret is so common at this stage. I had major regrets the first two months. I wanted to take it all back. ((now I have minor regrets due to gnarly GERD)) Truth is, only the super obese are going to lose those magical 50 pounds in a month. Us run-of-the mill fatties are going to lose 20-30 in the first month. And that is still great. What is even better is that you can count on another 10-20 a month if you stick to program during the honeymoon period.

Keep your chin up and best of luck.

Try not to compare your rate of weight loss with others. I had RNY gastric bypass and dropped weight very quickly but then I transitioned into the maintenance phase at 7 months. Many individuals that underwent the sleeve lose weight at a much slower clip, encounter many stalls along the way but they can almost achieve the same level of weight loss over time. Many do not transition to the maintenance phase until over 2 years post-op.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

I honestly want to ask if you're pullin' our chain?

I have to agree. I don't know if its these doctors are giving completely unrealistic expectations, or the OPs who think that its purely magic and there isn't an ounce of effort or time involved. Either way. I'd say all of your advice is spot on. I have nothing better to say.