Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck with muscle repair plus bilateral arm lift

On 08/14/18 I underwent my bilateral arm lift and my Tummy Tuck with muscle repair. I’m three weeks post op, and feeling well. It hasn’t been all easy, but for the most part this was a fairly easy recovery. I’m slowly seeing the swelling going down and the results. I’m very excited for my future. A few things that I struggled with was allowing people to do things for me. While I was in the hospital for two days, the fact I couldn’t walk by myself, feed myself, or wipe myself was a really hard pill to swallow since I’m fairly independent. Once I got home, I had my niece here for the first week to at least help with my puppies, and a home health agency checked in on me a few times to make sure I was alright. My husband would change my dressings once a day after he got home from work. I didn’t eat much the first week and slept ALOT! I was not allowed to sleep in my bed, so I chose the recliner. I used about 6-8 pillows, and I’m down to about 3-4 now. I have not been signed off to drive yet, or stand upright completely. I have a follow up on 09/05/18 so hopefully I get good news. If anyone is looking for support/has questions let me know. I used YouTube to binge watch videos to have myself prepared but there surprising isn’t a lot of stuff out there. My highest weight was 299. I was 181 on surgery day 2.5 years after RNY. They removed 4lbs from my stomach, and 1lb from each arm. Right now with the swelling I’m 178. I plan to return to the gym as soon as they allow me to. My goal now is to tone my muscles for my next surgery whenever that takes place :) I’m lucky enough my insurance covered everything but the muscle repair which I paid for out of pocket ($950). I plan on submitting to my insurance for my thighs in the future along with a breast augmentation which I will probably end up paying for myself (which I’m okay with). I really hope everyone on this journey has a successful outcome with an easy and fast recovery! ❤️

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

Looks like the surgeon did a great job! Thank you for sharing. I, too, and dreaming of my arm lift and panni more and more each day.

Thank you. After seeing some photos and hearing some scary stories I was super nervous but I kept my trust and faith in my surgeon and the Lords hands. When I got home and unwrapped my arms for the first time (photos above) I couldn’t believe I didn’t even have bruising. I’m blessed. I hope you both get to see your dream of plastics soon ❤️

On 9/4/2018 at 11:46 AM, JSchool10 said:

Thank you. After seeing some photos and hearing some scary stories I was super nervous but I kept my trust and faith in my surgeon and the Lords hands. When I got home and unwrapped my arms for the first time (photos above) I couldn’t believe I didn’t even have bruising. I’m blessed. I hope you both get to see your dream of plastics soon ❤️

I am 2 years away from these surgeries, but already saving now because I don't expect insurance to cover it. How long were you out of work for??

Looks really good! I know that I'm already planning on telling the doc that I don't need a belly button... seems like a hard part of the surgery overall, for a purely aesthetic body part. Got a LONG way to go before that's even an option at this point.

On 09/03/2018 at 19:32, JSchool10 said:

On 08/14/18 I underwent my bilateral arm lift and my Tummy Tuck with muscle repair. I’m three weeks post op, and feeling well. It hasn’t been all easy, but for the most part this was a fairly easy recovery. I’m slowly seeing the swelling going down and the results. I’m very excited for my future. A few things that I struggled with was allowing people to do things for me. While I was in the hospital for two days, the fact I couldn’t walk by myself, feed myself, or wipe myself was a really hard pill to swallow since I’m fairly independent. Once I got home, I had my niece here for the first week to at least help with my puppies, and a home health agency checked in on me a few times to make sure I was alright. My husband would change my dressings once a day after he got home from work. I didn’t eat much the first week and slept ALOT! I was not allowed to sleep in my bed, so I chose the recliner. I used about 6-8 pillows, and I’m down to about 3-4 now. I have not been signed off to drive yet, or stand upright completely. I have a follow up on 09/05/18 so hopefully I get good news. If anyone is looking for support/has questions let me know. I used YouTube to binge watch videos to have myself prepared but there surprising isn’t a lot of stuff out there. My highest weight was 299. I was 181 on surgery day 2.5 years after RNY. They removed 4lbs from my stomach, and 1lb from each arm. Right now with the swelling I’m 178. I plan to return to the gym as soon as they allow me to. My goal now is to tone my muscles for my next surgery whenever that takes place :) I’m lucky enough my insurance covered everything but the muscle repair which I paid for out of pocket ($950). I plan on submitting to my insurance for my thighs in the future along with a breast augmentation which I will probably end up paying for myself (which I’m okay with). I really hope everyone on this journey has a successful outcome with an easy and fast recovery! ❤️

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

Was it difficult to have the surgeries covered by your insurance? I am under the impression that insurance might cover it if the extra skin is causing issues. I wish I had insurance that would cover plastics!