Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

14 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Lol, somehow I’m absolutely certain I’m gonna dip down into the 130’s.

Do you top secret BDG Goal want this to happen in your heart of hearts?

12 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I. feel. attacked. 🤣

Seriously @Sheribear68, this is a pattern we have seen over and over, where many of us slide under goal. You'll have to find a way to up your calories. I also rarely eat in the am, I'm just a "get things done" morning person, busy, and not hungry. I still get plenty of calories in the rest of the day, so it is doable. Just don't be afraid of adding more calories, you need them :)

Swearsies! I wasn't even thinking of you when I typed this!! LOL. I just know that @Sheribear68 is really focused on eating nutrient dense. :D

But, bahahahaahaahahaha! I feel you are very secure in knowing what you want and how to get it! :D Do opinions matter to you btw? :D

Hello all,

I didn't know this post was here until a fantastic person told me about, I'll copy and paste what I said.

Hello ladies and gents,

Quick question, how do you manage to get in your carbs and most importantly, your calories?

Prior to starting the fast, I did the 5 day pouch reset and since then, I don't seem to be hungry. Thankfully, I've lost 12 pounds and am still losing. I drink Water through the day and I'm sure, that's a huge part of it. Yesterday for lunch, I had a bacon burger minus the bread, and a salad. I ate half of the patty and a mini salad and for dinner, I ate the other half of the patty and ate another salad. I literally wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. I am not fasting from 12pm - 8pm, and have been for the past week and a half.

This is tricky!

Any suggestions?

Edited by heycrystal2052

@heycrystal2052 I’m doing something similar to you. The 16:8 intermittent fasting protocol. My eating window is also between 12 and 8. I only started on 1 January. I’m dealing with a lot of regain (my surgery was more than 2 years ago). I haven’t given myself a calories allowance, but I am tracking on MyFitnessPal so I do not know where I’m at roughly. I’m just trying to eat 2 healthy meals. The odd snack too if I’m hungry. I’ve lost about 4kg/9lbs but that’s likely to be Water weight from Christmas indulgences.
I agree that it feels a bit tricky. I suspect other people on this thread will have more helpful advice. I’m trying to plan and meal prep to limit my ability to mess up. I am also concerned because my skin has broken out - pimples everywhere. I’m not sure if it’s stress, a new moisturiser I got at Christmas or IF!!

How is everyone else doing?

4 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

Hello all,

I didn't know this post was here until a fantastic person told me about, I'll copy and paste what I said.

Hello ladies and gents,

Quick question, how do you manage to get in your carbs and most importantly, your calories?

Prior to starting the fast, I did the 5 day pouch reset and since then, I don't seem to be hungry. Thankfully, I've lost 12 pounds and am still losing. I drink Water through the day and I'm sure, that's a huge part of it. Yesterday for lunch, I had a bacon burger minus the bread, and a salad. I ate half of the patty and a mini salad and for dinner, I ate the other half of the patty and ate another salad. I literally wasn't hungry for the rest of the day. I am not fasting from 12pm - 8pm, and have been for the past week and a half.

This is tricky!

Any suggestions?

IMHO... Because we have limited capacity it nearly impossible without drinking a supplement to fill in the gaps while doing IF.

I know when I practice I dont worry about reaching optimal carb/fat/protein ratio. I mostly make sure im getting at least 50% of my Protein needs. The rest is up in the air.

Hopefully others will chime in also ❤

I am back to 16:8 If, just because I feel better on it. I eat two really good healthy meals and a bedtime snack of yogurt with homemade granola and some berries. I add some Protein Powder to the yogurt.

On days when I know i am going to be working out a lot (tomorrow I have a 25 mile bike ride planned), I will eat a bowl of whole grain cooked Cereal (steel cut oats, quinoa, teff, amaranth, millet, buckwheat) with 1/3 banana and milk. That gives me some really good calories to burn during the workout.

I make sure to get my Protein in and at LEAST a pound of raw veggies every day. I don't worry about the carbs or micro managing all the macros. Protein, veggies, and back fill with small amounts of nuts/seeds, and then some whole grains, and I'm golden!

I’m a little bit worried about my Protein levels. Not sure if I should add a Protein Shake in my 8 hr window? I think I’m only hitting 50-60 grams of protein with my two meals. I want to keep my calories low so I’m struggling with this.

Just started IMF on Sunday and I plan to do it a week and see how it goes. I have been experiencing a long stall and am hoping this ends it! Welcoming suggestions as well 🙂

3 minutes ago, Miss Liss said:

Just started IMF on Sunday and I plan to do it a week and see how it goes. I have been experiencing a long stall and am hoping this ends it! Welcoming suggestions as well 🙂

That's when I started! To bust a stall, refocus, gain new direction, play a new game with myself cuz I was bored with the old one, and I wanted to cut my hunger. The more you IF, the less hunger you experience. At least for me.

Welcome!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

That's when I started! To bust a stall, refocus, gain new direction, play a new game with myself cuz I was bored with the old one, and I wanted to cut my hunger. The more you IF, the less hunger you experience. At least for me.

Welcome!

Thank you! So in your experience would you say IMF helped to break the stall? I'm starting to get frustrated so I'm willing to try anything at this point lol

Yes. Absolutely! I've lost the last 30-40lbs with IF + surgery + tight diet control. :)

Attempt # 2 at fasting today. I asked this question before but didn't really get answers. What do you eat when you break your fast in order to avoid dumping

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

35 minutes ago, chayarg said:

Attempt # 2 at fasting today. I asked this question before but didn't really get answers. What do you eat when you break your fast in order to avoid dumping

Usually Bone Broth with some kind of fat in it. Then wait. Then a little avocado. Then a little walnuts or almonds but that's only with a long fast like 22-24 hours.

Usually Bone Broth with some kind of fat in it. Then wait. Then a little avocado. Then a little walnuts or almonds but that's only with a long fast like 22-24 hours.
I will try to come up with a healthy fat that I actually like (dont like avocados) and will avoid sugar alcohols for the first few hours

12 minutes ago, chayarg said:

I will try to come up with a healthy fat that I actually like (dont like avocados) and will avoid sugar alcohols for the first few hours

almonds, olives, coconut chips (unsweetened), bulletproof coffee. :) butter in bonebroth. :)