Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

8 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Good Day all! I still IF every day! Really don't know how I didn't do this before! It just feels so natural now.

Floating between 185 and 190, still right around 18% body fat. But I can wear a medium shirt and a 33 waist

Had a bunch of challenges, but I'm working through them.

MAAAAATTTTTTTT!! (((HUGS)))

(am I yelling? cuz it feels like I am!)

Great to see you and holy moly, man! WTG on working through your challenges and loving IF! Cuz dude! Remember when you were worried you wouldn't ever break through to the 199mark?!!! Success!!!!

Full length pics please!!

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

MAAAAATTTTTTTT!! (((HUGS)))

(am I yelling? cuz it feels like I am!)

Great to see you and holy moly, man! WTG on working through your challenges and loving IF! Cuz dude! Remember when you were worried you wouldn't ever break through to the 199mark?!!! Success!!!!

Full length pics please!!

Yelling is ok! LOL
Yeah I swore I'd never break 230, then I did... then I was worried I'd never see Onederland... and I did. Then I thought I'd never see 180... and I did. Then I landed my "Half the man" milestone when I hit 185.

I'll see what I can do about the full length photo. At work right now and they are looking at me funny.

1 minute ago, Matt Z said:

Yelling is ok! LOL
Yeah I swore I'd never break 230, then I did... then I was worried I'd never see Onederland... and I did. Then I thought I'd never see 180... and I did. Then I landed my "Half the man" milestone when I hit 185.

I'll see what I can do about the full length photo. At work right now and they are looking at me funny.

Hahahaha! You're 1/2 the man you used to be and kept the best half!!!! Wooot!! Let em look! Jelly bi*ches! :D Glad you're back. No stress or pressure. But never go away again. Mmmkay? :D

Hahahaha! You're 1/2 the man you used to be and kept the best half!!!! Wooot!! Let em look! Jelly bi*ches! [emoji3] Glad you're back. No stress or pressure. But never go away again. Mmmkay? [emoji3]
Here to go, not the best, but eh lol20190823_113619.jpeg 20190823_113814.jpeg 20190823_113826.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just now, Matt Z said:

Here to go, not the best, but eh lol20190823_113619.jpeg 20190823_113814.jpeg 20190823_113826.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG! Dude you look amazing! So handsome!!!! Aren't you beyond proud of yourself for all your hard work and NEVER giving up??!!! Great outfit btw!

Just now, FluffyChix said:

OMG! Dude you look amazing! So handsome!!!! Aren't you beyond proud of yourself for all your hard work and NEVER giving up??!!! Great outfit btw!

It's a mixed bag. I'm happy with where I am, I'm getting to where I am happy with my outward (dressed) appearance. It's progress. Need to get back to the Gym and get some more building done... been taking it a bit too easy lately trying to deal with the other BS.

1 minute ago, Matt Z said:

It's a mixed bag. I'm happy with where I am, I'm getting to where I am happy with my outward (dressed) appearance. It's progress. Need to get back to the Gym and get some more building done... been taking it a bit too easy lately trying to deal with the other BS.

Dooooo eeet! It will help you deal with the other BS. And taking time for yourself--well you know it's important hon. You'll figure it out! And ohhhhh the nekkidy body v. clothed body thing...sigh. It's real. Here I am today in my outfit I'm wearing out tonight. I'm 133.2lbs this morning. Look ok clothed...but nekkid? Holy hell, man. Dim the lights.

IMG_4606.thumb.JPG.7ea32ab3047d78d47f1221cb1b04f574.JPG IMG_4608.thumb.JPG.7ce8ac46fbbb8bfd2a62f053f02fe98d.JPG IMG_4607.thumb.JPG.807f6d33ba94342dd5f430d2072ca3f3.JPG

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Dooooo eeet! It will help you deal with the other BS. And taking time for yourself--well you know it's important hon. You'll figure it out! And ohhhhh the nekkidy body v. clothed body thing...sigh. It's real. Here I am today in my outfit I'm wearing out tonight. I'm 133.2lbs this morning. Look ok clothed...but nekkid? Holy hell, man. Dim the lights.

IMG_4606.thumb.JPG.7ea32ab3047d78d47f1221cb1b04f574.JPG IMG_4608.thumb.JPG.7ce8ac46fbbb8bfd2a62f053f02fe98d.JPG IMG_4607.thumb.JPG.807f6d33ba94342dd5f430d2072ca3f3.JPG

LOL look at you fading away!

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

@Matt Z You look great! Sorry about your difficulties. Sending good vibes your way.

Thank you! I've been taking everything in stride. The mindfulness stuff I learned in therapy has really changed my entire life and outlook on things. It's a daily struggle, but, it's one that has clear benefits! Only one thing at a time and only things I can actually control.

Just now, Matt Z said:

LOL look at you fading away!

Haha. Not quite. "Jabooty" is still with me, but one day, may she rest in peace! ;) I ran my third 5K this morning. :D I feel strong-ish. Do you?!

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Haha. Not quite. "Jabooty" is still with me, but one day, may she rest in peace! ;) I ran my third 5K this morning. :D I feel strong-ish. Do you?!

I still can't really run much, but that's like a life time thing, born flat footed so running sucks anyway. Strong, I actually feel weaker. Because I used my weight as an advantage with doing things like moving or lifting stuff. Now, I've lost all that weight backing me up so it's a little odd. I actually had people pick me up, including a small female... that was a trip, getting picked up by such a tiny person blew my mind.

Just now, Matt Z said:

I still can't really run much, but that's like a life time thing, born flat footed so running sucks anyway. Strong, I actually feel weaker. Because I used my weight as an advantage with doing things like moving or lifting stuff. Now, I've lost all that weight backing me up so it's a little odd. I actually had people pick me up, including a small female... that was a trip, getting picked up by such a tiny person blew my mind.

Oh wow! And dang, I forgot with your back/spine issues, I bet strength training is tough--let alone running!!! Are you able to do PT and have you felt any relief from it? I know PT helped me soooo much!

And double wow on being light enough for a small female to lift you! Do you think you are "actually" weaker physically or do you think that is more BD stuff expressing itself? (I can def relate to BD. so. many. issues. here. LOL. *snort*)

Am going up to our mountain cabin today for 3 days of R&R by myself. :) I am going to try a 3 day fast - for detoxification, knock off any zombie cells, rest my pouch, and focus on some personal and spiritual goals. I've got herbal teas and my big water bottle. (And some Protein Shakes and Bone Broth if I need to break earlier.)

So I'll let you know how it goes. I can't find any information that says total fasting is dangerous/damaging to the pouch or anastomosis. I am still going to take my pantoprazole, although I can't find any info on that, either, as far as not eating afterwards. I'll just have to listen and feel what is happening and take it one day at a time.

I had a horrible night last night. I got off work late and was really hungry. I had to go to Walmart, so picked up a roasted chicken and a peach. Well, I ate too much of the chicken and about 1/2 the peach. I chewed well and took my time, but about 45 minutes later, oh it was terrible. The worst ever. Nausea, foamies, slimies, pain - I thought I had done myself in. I vomited twice (and I do not vomit easily) and had about 6 hours of agony. I feel fine this morning, but dehydrated and weak because I couldn't get all my fluids in. So the next 3 days of fasting will be all about keeping hydrated and giving my "Tiny Tum" a break. (It worked pretty hard yesterday.) This whole experience begs the question of why in the world did I think I could eat so much? I still haven't learned how to stop way before feeling full. This is something I will explore this weekend.

5 minutes ago, AZhiker said:

Am going up to our mountain cabin today for 3 days of R&R by myself. :) I am going to try a 3 day fast - for detoxification, knock off any zombie cells, rest my pouch, and focus on some personal and spiritual goals. I've got herbal teas and my big water bottle. (And some Protein Shakes and Bone Broth if I need to break earlier.)

So I'll let you know how it goes. I can't find any information that says total fasting is dangerous/damaging to the pouch or anastomosis. I am still going to take my pantoprazole, although I can't find any info on that, either, as far as not eating afterwards. I'll just have to listen and feel what is happening and take it one day at a time.

I had a horrible night last night. I got off work late and was really hungry. I had to go to Walmart, so picked up a roasted chicken and a peach. Well, I ate too much of the chicken and about 1/2 the peach. I chewed well and took my time, but about 45 minutes later, oh it was terrible. The worst ever. Nausea, foamies, slimies, pain - I thought I had done myself in. I vomited twice (and I do not vomit easily) and had about 6 hours of agony. I feel fine this morning, but dehydrated and weak because I couldn't get all my fluids in. So the next 3 days of fasting will be all about keeping hydrated and giving my "Tiny Tum" a break. (It worked pretty hard yesterday.) This whole experience begs the question of why in the world did I think I could eat so much? I still haven't learned how to stop way before feeling full. This is something I will explore this weekend.

((hugs)) Have a healing weekend! Kill lots of zombies for us and take pics. Cuz you know...we like pics and all. ;) :D I think it's healing to fast. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sorry you overdid it last night. These things happen and are powerful learning tools!!! Sounds like you have a great plan for the weekend. See ya on Monday!!