Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

46 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

You are an IF rockstar girl!!! Honestly, I think all of us: you, @sillykitty and I have all done the PP in coffee on fast days. I'm sitting here with 1oz in my coffee now. :D I'm gonna go for a second cup of it later. And I'll likely have broth later. Cuz yesterday was too hard and stressful. So will make it easier and be able to go longer.

Have you tried the peaches and cream PP in your tea? I bet the strawberries and cream would also be good. I heart strawberry tea!!

Congrats on 2lbs overnight!!!! Woot! (Or do I say sorry for your loss? I know you are trying to maintain!) Happy luteal phase? 🤔

I used to put peaches and cream in my Matcha (we're on a break 😭) but not strawberry yet... I'm still in the 150s so no big deal

How long is your bypass ?

23 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

LOL, I have to share this with you guys here cuz you will appreciate this. This was on FB this morning from A DOCTOR, and MD...now granted, this doctor is MO by anyone's scale. And has no business preaching "healthy dietary improvements" until he fixes his own issues. But man. He termed this his HEALTHY GREEN DETOX SMOOTHY and gave the recipe for it. So I plugged it into MFP. And this is for 1 smoothy. LOL. Dear god. In what universe is it "healthy" to blend 1 tiny cup of spinach up with all this other gut bomb? 87g of carbs and 53g of sugar in 1 SMOOTY!!! And he's calling it "healthy". No wonder we are all having weight issues! 'merica. Come on. Use your brain!

image.png.8f404b8f7c1cdffb01db076993d0eaec.png

Yup that was me at Wholefoods. Being super duper heathy. And granted it is by some standard because its not soda but i realize from experience that you can't/don't quite see it until you diligently need to track everything.

53g of sugar! *snort*

Wow! Beauty! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Usually when people realize I have teenagers, they're like huh?!?
You have teenagers???? Huh??[emoji15] Wow!!!
IF it is!! As soon as I can!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/05/2019 at 11:52, FluffyChix said:

@GreenTealael has been doing the PP in her coffee the whole time and has had no probs! She's super successful! So I see no reason for you to change it up. Who cares about hardcore. And don't put that pressure on yourself to have 2lbs / week consistent. Cuz weight loss is never linear. It's a great "target" but if you don't make it, meh, it's not the end of the world. :)

You are doing great!!!

Lol. Yeah I was basically meaning as an average for August.
Should’ve said goal for August is to ditch 8 pounds. 🤣🤣

Yeah, I’m still too soon out from surgery to be purist or to even think about going >18 hrs fasting.
Besides, even though the pounds come off slower than I’d like, I’m still doing great considering my BMI started just below 40% on surgery day (exactly 6 months ago as of today) and I had VGS. I mean, I’ve dropped 72 pounds since February 6th.

That being said, I’ve come off of a couple of sluggish months and the blame can be squarely placed on me with eating later/earlier, snacking more between meals, and letting wine back into my routine 2-3 times weekly. Also, not being able to work out as much didn’t help.

Those things have to stop and going back to more of a structured routine is what works best for me.

On 08/06/2019 at 08:41, FluffyChix said:

LOL, I have to share this with you guys here cuz you will appreciate this. This was on FB this morning from A DOCTOR, and MD...now granted, this doctor is MO by anyone's scale. And has no business preaching "healthy dietary improvements" until he fixes his own issues. But man. He termed this his HEALTHY GREEN DETOX SMOOTHY and gave the recipe for it. So I plugged it into MFP. And this is for 1 smoothy. LOL. Dear god. In what universe is it "healthy" to blend 1 tiny cup of spinach up with all this other gut bomb? 87g of carbs and 53g of sugar in 1 SMOOTY!!! And he's calling it "healthy". No wonder we are all having weight issues! 'merica. Come on. Use your brain!

image.png.8f404b8f7c1cdffb01db076993d0eaec.png

What the......????

That’s CRAZY

On 8/4/2019 at 5:42 PM, AZhiker said:

My only issue right now is too MUCH energy. I am too wound up and can't shut down. I get to sleep OK (when I finally DO go to bed) but then wake up every 2 hours thinking it is time to get up. Midnight, 2 am, 4 am, etc. When I finally get up at 5 am I am wide awake and ready to go, even if I only got 4-5 hours of sleep. I got labs drawn last week and will have my 6 month follow up this week, so will see if everything is normal. I am especially interesting in the TSH level. I will also be seeing my sleep doctor in a couple of weeks to see if I can go off the C-pap and will ask her about it as well. But it is very strange. I'm not complaining - I get a lot done - but I feel a bit like a manic energizer bunny. Anyone else have this with IF or with weight loss in a short time? I've lost 100 lbs in 6 months, so I am a bit of an outlier, for which I am thankful, but wonder if the rapid change has something to do with either my hormones or brain chemistry, and if IF is a contributing factor.

I am a bit like this - except I do feel tired at times (but being sleepy and tired are two different things). Yet, i will still only sleep 5 hours a night. I feel restless and can get into manic mode. I have hypothyroidism. Im not doing IF. I told my pa at my 3 month check up a few weeks ago - she said it was probably hormonal. I have lost about 74 pounds and i am almost 16 weeks out.

We can be up all night buddies.

20 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

What the......????

That’s CRAZY

Yeah. I called him out on it. I stopped short of talking about his cognitive dissonance with his own health. Cuz that's not my worry...

Ok, so yesterday was more of an UP day without much IF about a 16:8 TRE. Today I'm going to try for a 16:8 or 18:6. No promises though. I'll just do what I can and go as far as I can. I am gonna do a 500 VCLD Down Day today though.

Who's IFing today? Let's be IF buds!!

I If'd yesterday. It started out as unintentional, I was just busy and not particularly hungry. Once it got to afternoon and still not particularly hungry I decided to do OMAD, since I had a dinner date planned.

I'm thinking I might start playing around with IF again. My goal is to keep my weight below 130 before ps. (After ps all bets are off, I want to find where I like my body, I wouldn't mind some additional ass 😂) But after staying 127-128 easily for months I popped over 130 a few times recently. So I'm thinking I might do some IF to counteract that, probably just a couple of days a week.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:58 AM, summerset said:

While your mother's success is definitely a great thing it makes me a bit sad that IF is basically broken down to being a weight loss diet all too often.

I'm not sure why this would make you sad.

I know IF reduces my hunger. I know IF makes it easier for me to eat fewer calories in a day. I know that being at a healthy BMI is greatly beneficial to my overall health.

There has been some research that has shown a plethora of other benefits from IF, including reducing insulin resistence, reducing inflamation, increases autophagy, etc.. But this research is still relatively new and studies haven't been definitive as of yet.

So I'll take the benefits I know. If there are additional, as of yet unproven benefits, I'll take those as well. It's a pretty clear win-win IMO.

53 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

After ps all bets are off, I want to find where I like my body, I wouldn't mind some additional ass 😂

Me too! 😂