Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Calling Dr. Bombay! Calling Dr. Bombay!! @GreenTealael

Ok, so you little trickster. How DARE you! How DARRRREEEEEEEE you to get me jacked on cocaine matcha lemon bubble pudding (chia seed pudding)!!! One hit.

One hit.

That's ALL it took! *sob*

In less than 24 hours, I've had 3 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 cup of Silk cashew milk along with the matcha, vanilla, and lemon stevia (plus a few walnuts and frozen blueberries and a little Grk yogurt mixed in). Three (mini meals) desserts...THREE!!! HOLY HOTNESS! HOLY Jehoshaphat Jerusalem! Where's my Wailing Wall now? Where's my Moses now?

My chia seed package says 8g carb and 8g Fiber for essentially a zero carb experience of nervana. Can this possibly be real? Is this gonna be a colon blow 2000 experience? :57_cry: And more importantly...can I have "tapioca" chia pudding tonight (aka vanilla) after having 3tbsp in <24 hours?

And which nut milk is best? Almond milk or cashew milk? Which is thicker and less gritty? Which has better nutrients? And is the unsweetened vanilla version of these nut milks CRAP cuz of ingredients?

I need so much. help. SO. MUCH!!!!! kthnxbyecomequickly...

Edited by FluffyChix

And I think I'll lurk around and listen, these are questions I too want answers to! Been thinking about adding Chia Seeds to things too.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, so you little trickster. How DARE you! How DARRRREEEEEEEE you to get me jacked on cocaine matcha lemon bubble pudding (chia seed pudding)!!! One hit.

One hit.

In less than 24 hours, I've had 3 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 cup of Silk cashew milk along with the matcha, vanilla, and lemon stevia (plus a few walnuts and frozen blueberries and a little Grk yogurt mixed in). Three (mini meals) desserts...THREE!!! HOLY HOTNESS! HOLY Jehoshaphat Jerusalem! Where's my Wailing Wall now? Where's my Moses now?

My chia seed package says 8g carb and 8g Fiber for essentially a zero carb experience of nervana. Can this possibly be real? Is this gonna be a colon blow 2000 experience? :57_cry: And more importantly...can I have "tapioca" chia pudding tonight (aka vanilla) after having 3tbsp in <24 hours?

And which nut milk is best? Almond milk or cashew milk? Which is thicker and less gritty? Which has better nutrients? And is the unsweetened vanilla version of these nut milks CRAP cuz of ingredients?

You can make your own but milk if you have a high speed blender and some cheese cloth.

This recipe includes a series of nuts but you can just Google the ratio.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/basic-nut-milk/amp

Just now, Aprilgal said:

You can make your own but milk if you have a high speed blender and some cheese cloth.

This recipe includes a series of nuts but you can just Google the ratio.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/basic-nut-milk/amp

Thanks for the recipe girl! I'm just a little bit askeered of but milk though...hehe

@FluffyChix it is really simple and easy I swear. The only issue is that it doesn't keep for long which is why I normally cave and by commercial.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

One hit.

Congrats! I made it with Protein Shakes just to make it easier on me

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Congrats! I made it with Protein Shakes just to make it easier on me

Oh my! Didn't even think of THAT!!!! The possibilities!!!

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh my! Didn't even think of THAT!!!! The possibilities!!!

I'm not certain how much is the limit... I guess it depends on your BM tolerance?

Was looking at this thread earlier and then this pops up on my FB feed. Fb knows allScreenshot_20190531-191735_Facebook.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Consider supporting Cheesburgh's first challenge!!!

P.S. i know y'all love a challenge 😉

Looking for a challenge? Motivation? Fitness inspiration?

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Join us here next!!!

JUNE 2019 FITNESS AND INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔🔔

Just happened across this thread. Have read through a lot of it. (I may have skipped a few pages. Lol)

I have done IF and EF in the past with success but kind of gradually gravitated away from it but after reading through here, I want to get back to it. I do have my revision in 2 weeks so I'll have to wait until I am through my post op stages and fully recovered but I think it will be good to have a decent plan in place for 2-3 months post op. Obviously, a lot will depend on how my body reacts with the MGB vs my current VSG. But I will still be following you all here for inspiration and ideas. I think I'm actually doing a modified EWF right now anyway going into my post 3rd week on a liquid diet. It really amazes me, as a couple of you have mentioned, how the longer you go without eating, the less you even want to eat. Getting beyond the head hunger or boredom eating has been my downfall in the past. Something I definitely plan to keep in check this second go around.

@FluffyChix I've read you reference "Resetters" a few times. Is this another "group" thread somewhere or what??

13 minutes ago, JamesL73 said:

Just happened across this thread. Have read through a lot of it. (I may have skipped a few pages. Lol)

I have done IF and EF in the past with success but kind of gradually gravitated away from it but after reading through here, I want to get back to it. I do have my revision in 2 weeks so I'll have to wait until I am through my post op stages and fully recovered but I think it will be good to have a decent plan in place for 2-3 months post op. Obviously, a lot will depend on how my body reacts with the MGB vs my current VSG. But I will still be following you all here for inspiration and ideas. I think I'm actually doing a modified EWF right now anyway going into my post 3rd week on a liquid diet. It really amazes me, as a couple of you have mentioned, how the longer you go without eating, the less you even want to eat. Getting beyond the head hunger or boredom eating has been my downfall in the past. Something I definitely plan to keep in check this second go around.

@FluffyChix I've read you reference "Resetters" a few times. Is this another "group" thread somewhere or what??

Hi James and welcome! Congrats on your upcoming revision. I hope it goes smoothly and you are able to progress into your stages without complication!!! Woot! I think 2-3 months to start IF/EF is a bit ambitious. I'd target 6-9 months or until:

1. Your new tool stops working efficiently. Give it time to do its job. And really focus on maximizing YOUR part in its efficacy (ie making healthy choices, deeply nutritious and low calorie dense foods, exercise, follow your surgeon's plans, follow 30/30, take your Vitamins, plan/weigh/measure/log every bite of food, weigh daily for accountability, no booze, etc). It's really important to make good choices, but to let your tool do the job its meant to do. Right?

2. You can easily get all your Water in (around 100+oz day).

3. You can easily get all your Protein needs met with real whole dense Proteins.

That's usually a 6-9month progression or longer.

But, you surely can do TRE (time restricted eating) to consume your foods in a 16:8 window. At first, even that will be a challenge for you. You do not want to over-consume your capacity at any time or in any stage. And if you are compressing your eating window, that risk of consuming larger meals to compensate exists. So a 16:8 might take you 3-4 months post surgery to be ready to do that--maybe even longer depending on your rate of healing and size of restriction. But even setting a 13- or 14hour fasting schedule would benefit you per Dr. Longo. And that's basically an overnight fast.

I don't know about doing a WF for pre-surgery. They usually want your liver emptied, but your protein levels high so you will be at an ideal healthy level for surgery. Pray about that and ask your RD. If I had it to do over again, I would definitely do a bowel prep and make sure I was 100% cleaned out. Gosh mine post surgery was ridiculously terrible. One of the only complications I experienced at 3 weeks. Rosemary's Baby bad. So I'd bowel prep about 3 days before surgery, then do Clear Liquids for the last 2 days presurgery, making sure you are getting all your electrolytes.

Here's Dr. Mindy Pelz's Resetter's Tribe on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/resetters/

image.png.8d41a8f6cbd2683c34850b94aa61d539.png

Edited by FluffyChix

18 minutes ago, JamesL73 said:

You might also want to check out this thread and the importance of doing the headwork--especially during your honeymoon period. Right? Hey and congrats on all of your weight loss to date! Great job!

10 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Hi James and welcome! Congrats on your upcoming revision. I hope it goes smoothly and you are able to progress into your stages without complication!!! Woot! I think 2-3 months to start IF/EF is a bit ambitious. I'd target 6-9 months or until:

1. Your new tool stops working efficiently. Give it time to do its job. And really focus on maximizing YOUR part in its efficacy (ie making healthy choices, deeply nutritious and low calorie dense foods, exercise, follow your surgeon's plans, follow 30/30, take your Vitamins, plan/weigh/measure/log every bite of food, weigh daily for accountability, no booze, etc). It's really important to make good choices, but to let your tool do the job its meant to do. Right?

2. You can easily get all your Water in (around 100+oz day).

3. You can easily get all your Protein needs met with real whole dense Proteins.

That's usually a 6-9month progression or longer.

But, you surely can do TRE (time restricted eating) to consume your foods in a 16:8 window. At first, even that will be a challenge for you. You do not want to over-consume your capacity at any time or in any stage. And if you are compressing your eating window, that risk of consuming larger meals to compensate exists. But even setting a 13- or 14hour fasting schedule would benefit you per Dr. Longo. And that's basically an overnight fast.

I don't know about doing a WF for pre-surgery. They usually want your liver emptied, but your Protein levels high so you will be at an ideal healthy level for surgery. Pray about that and ask your RD. If I had it to do over again, I would definitely do a bowel prep and make sure I was 100% cleaned out. Gosh mine post surgery was ridiculously terrible. One of the only complications I experienced at 3 weeks. Rosemary's Baby bad.

Here's Dr. Mindy Pelz's Resetter's Tribe on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/resetters/

image.png.8d41a8f6cbd2683c34850b94aa61d539.png

I completely agree with letting my new tool do what it's meant to first. I suppose what I meant was exactly what you said....to do a 16:8, which is primarily what I have done in the past.

As for the WF pre surgery....I guess it wouldn't really be considered a Water Fast with the 3-4 Protein Shakes a day but other than those I'm only drinking 80-100oz of water. I've had bullion broth a few times but I don't think there's many calories there, if any.

Thanks for the FB link.

5 minutes ago, JamesL73 said:

I completely agree with letting my new tool do what it's meant to first. I suppose what I meant was exactly what you said....to do a 16:8, which is primarily what I have done in the past.

As for the WF pre surgery....I guess it wouldn't really be considered a Water Fast with the 3-4 Protein Shakes a day but other than those I'm only drinking 80-100oz of Water. I've had bullion broth a few times but I don't think there's many calories there, if any.

Thanks for the FB link.

Yes, then absolutely. That's what many docs prescribe. My doc was 2-4protein shakes, water, clear broth and a sf Jello per day for 2 weeks. But that's considered the "pre-op liquid diet". :) An EWF is literally: water, black coffee, unsweetened tea (green, black, white, or herbal, but no fruit teas) as long as they are unsweetened and black without Creamer or milk.

Good luck. You'll do great!!! Oh and break up with caffeine and carbs now. :) It will make life post surgery much easier. Also make sure you really work on staying hydrated post surgery. Make healing easier.