Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

On 4/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, FluffyChix said:

Baby steps. Pretty soon, if you use this time to MAXIMIZE your tool and kill the cravings/associations with the things that are not BENEFICIAL to us or to making our goal. We have to teach our inner person to have new behaviors. You have to train your dragon. You can do it. The decision is the beginning of the action. It's the part with all the strength.

All true---you inspired me to turn down my normal coffee at the salon. They brought it to me with sugar and I asked them to bring it back with just half & half. Go me!

Attempting my first 48 hour fast---11 hours in, Wish me luck!

4 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

All true---you inspired me to turn down my normal coffee at the salon. They brought it to me with sugar and I asked them to bring it back with just half & half. Go me!

Attempting my first 48 hour fast---11 hours in, Wish me luck!

Way to go girl!!! Post here often for support! I'm on Day 2 of Day 5 of my FMD (fasting mimicking diet) with Dr. Mind Pelz's Resetters Group on FB.

10 hours ago, YeahOkay31 said:

22 hours in and dealing with a massive headache. Going to have a bit more salt and Water. Hopefully it passes. :(

How are you feeling now?! ((hugs)) I second the Tea suggestion! :D

Also, unfiltered Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in hot Water with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of pink salt. YUM!!

11 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Tea!

Drinking my green and black through out the day---unfortunately my favorite ginger/lemon tea is a no because of the fruit. And I noticed my matcha powder has 5 calories. I am so confused because a lot of youtubers say it is great for a fast, and then you have the purists that say absolutely no calories.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

How are you feeling now?! ((hugs)) I second the Tea suggestion! :D

Also, unfiltered Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in hot Water with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of pink salt. YUM!!

But will it break the fast! 😜 There is so much conflicting info out there, one can drive themselves nuts. I just watched Dr. Mindy Pelz say that tea and coffee is no bueno for a Water fast. Bleh.

Doing better, head still felling a bit wonky, but other wise pushing through. 35 hours in! If I feel alright I may much it to 55 hours, just because I don't think I'll want to eat at 11:17 PM tonight.

5 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Drinking my green and black through out the day---unfortunately my favorite ginger/lemon tea is a no because of the fruit. And I noticed my matcha powder has 5 calories. I am so confused because a lot of youtubers say it is great for a fast, and then you have the purists that say absolutely no calories.

But will it break the fast! 😜 There is so much conflicting info out there, one can drive themselves nuts. I just watched Dr. Mindy Pelz say that tea and coffee is no bueno for a Water fast. Bleh.

Doing better, head still felling a bit wonky, but other wise pushing through. 35 hours in! If I feel alright I may much it to 55 hours, just because I don't think I'll want to eat at 11:17 PM tonight.

Wow! WTG! Yeah, the thing is no one really knows for sure. So Dr. Pelz and Dr. Fung err on the side of Water only. But they also say if coffee and tea are needed to get you through the fast, then so be it. Same thing with broth. I just figure you know? If I want my green tea and bergamot and a cup or 2 of black coffee, that's my line in the sand and I don't care if others think I'm breaking it. :) I seem to be doing ok. :)

I'm doing the 5 day Resetters Fast Training Week with Dr. Mindy right now. You should come jump in on it. I'm doing the FMD version. I hope it's easier. I'm having troubles fasting for extended periods (think I'm either not fat adapted or that I have very little left to lose, and so I'm having hunger issues).

You are doing great! Congrats on 35 hours. You can do 55hours or 60!! Keep going. Let me know if you want the FB link to the group!

Please, send that link along! I need all the support I can get---there is no way for me to avoid the worst of the worst food. Just on my walk to get an iced coffee I passed all the food. Hazard of city living I guess.

Almost at 39 hours and over this! Not hungry, not in pain, not feeling odd, I suppose I am just missing eating--in particular, something sweet. I really need to go cold turkey on the sugar. I never thought I had an issue, but IF may have revealed one.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

But they also say if coffee and tea are needed to get you through the fast, then so be it.

I couldn't fast without coffee. It would be impossible. Welllllllll....maybe possible. I do want to try a straight up 72 Water only fast, but I need to work to it. If I can make it to 48 today (and maybe beyond) then may be next week I go for the 72 water fast. I am feeling very determined today, mainly because I am feeling extremely fat today and my one year surgery anniversary is Saturday---lets just say I could have done better this year.

8 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

Please, send that link along! I need all the support I can get---there is no way for me to avoid the worst of the worst food. Just on my walk to get an iced coffee I passed all the food. Hazard of city living I guess.

Almost at 39 hours and over this! Not hungry, not in pain, not feeling odd, I suppose I am just missing eating--in particular, something sweet. I really need to go cold turkey on the sugar. I never thought I had an issue, but IF may have revealed one.

I couldn't fast without coffee. It would be impossible. Welllllllll....maybe possible. I do want to try a straight up 72 Water only fast, but I need to work to it. If I can make it to 48 today (and maybe beyond) then may be next week I go for the 72 Water fast. I am feeling very determined today, mainly because I am feeling extremely fat today and my one year surgery anniversary is Saturday---lets just say I could have done better this year.

((hugs)) Fat days suck! You are doing great. So give yourself huge credit!!! Any poor choices we make yesterday are passed and in the past. We can only learn and move forward. You know?

So glad you're having a strong day! Yay you! (BTW? I am now on my 2nd cup of decaff black unsweetened coffee, having already exhausted my daily stash of green tea + bergamot. *snort* Mr. F. might actually do a 36 hour with me, if I don't cave tonight and do the FMD. He really needs it cuz of his T2. So I'm trying to be strong and pull out a water fast (+ gt + bt + dec blk coffee)

Here's the group. It's a closed group you have to request to join. Great people there. Come in and introduce yourself. BTW, shhhh on WLS. I haven't outted myself there. I'm Susie Gibbs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/resetters/about/

7 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Here's the group. It's a closed group you have to request to join. Great people there. Come in and introduce yourself. BTW, shhhh on WLS. I haven't outted myself there. I'm Susie Gibbs.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/resetters/about/

Mums the word. I take it our kind are like lepers there...lol

True dat. But moreso in Dr. Fung's group. Hoooo boyyy. Can you say, "Cheater? Course ya can." hahaha :D

Damn. Tea started it by asking about running shoes. Now I'm down a new rabbit hole. 😯

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Damn. Tea started it by asking about running shoes. Now I'm down a new rabbit hole. 😯

But running down rabbit holes counts as exercise, right? Just like jumping to conclusions and running your mouth!