Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Anyone read this article? https://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting-women

If things don’t normalize in the next few days, I think I’m going to taper back on IF and aim for 12:12. I’m spooked by the delay of Shark Week and I’ve got enough hormone-related stuff on my radar already.

Hmmmmm, also this article: http://paleoforwomen.com/shattering-the-myth-of-fasting-for-women-a-review-of-female-specific-responses-to-fasting-in-the-literature/

I’m definitely not trying to put anyone off, but I wasn’t aware there was such a difference between sexes.

Edited by sideeye

10 hours ago, sideeye said:

Advice appreciated - will report back when I'm .000005% copper. And I also apologize for hijacking the IF thread.

Speaking of IF, how frequently do you have a cheat day (hours-wise, not calorie-wise). Not like "I feel lightheaded so I need to drink some Protein or eat some cashews", I'm talking "I am going to go to the bar and drink a gin and tonic and then eat some damn tiny canapés". I'm only a week in, but was very tempted by option 2 tonight.

Mostly Friday night to Saturday night/Sunday morning no true IF for me. Too many food related occasions that are time restricted. So why should I be a ****** about? I just roll with it. Also this is usually when I eat and drink at the same time (very tiny amount)... Can't be altered.

1 hour ago, sideeye said:

Anyone read this article? https://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting-women

If things don’t normalize in the next few days, I think I’m going to taper back on IF and aim for 12:12. I’m spooked by the delay of Shark Week and I’ve got enough hormone-related stuff on my radar already.

You can always do a 5:2 alternate day type of fast where you eat 500 calories or less on non-consecutive days and eat normally the remaining days. It gives pretty much the same effect as eating windows and doesn't seem to have as steep a hormonal effect on women? You can read about it from Dr. Michael Moseley (5:2 Fast Diet), Dr. Johnson Alternate Day Diet, Dr. Krista Varady The Every Other Day Diet.

Hugs hope shark week gets here soon. I think it's probably coincidental, but you just never know!!

Dr. Krista Varady on why people lose weight with IF.

Every Other Day Diet

Edited by FluffyChix

12 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Nope, decided just to blow everything the hell up today. 12 hour eating window, and a diet mainly consisting of coffee, chocolate and dairy. Come and get me, Jaws.

Shark's just waiting to pounce, huh?

5 hours ago, sideeye said:

Nope, decided just to blow everything the hell up today. 12 hour eating window, and a diet mainly consisting of coffee, chocolate and dairy. Come and get me, Jaws.

Ahahaha, you're not alone... I was doing great too until I had a surprise Netflix and chill date show up ... Then I ate 2 Protein Bars, Protein chips, Fiber cracker w/ nut butter during the rest of the night when I swore I was done... It's hell week anyway

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Ahahaha, you're not alone... I was doing great too until I had a surprise Netflix and chill date show up ... Then I ate 2 Protein Bars, Protein chips, Fiber cracker w/ nut butter during the rest of the night when I swore I was done... It's hell week anyway

Details, we need details!

Oh, damn, okay - now I’ve got cystic acne cropping up. I cannot express how massively unusual it is for me to get anything but whiteheads (yes, I am that obnoxious person).

But I am apparently also exactly the person that the literature describes as unsuited for IF. It was an interesting ride my friends, but I am full-on bailing on this one on day 12: deep cystic zits, atypically delayed Shark Week, progressive fatigue, not just a stall but a slight gain... and my skin hasn’t been looking great either, despite drinking tons of Water I’ve seemed drawn and my skin has looked thinner/more translucent than usual. I’m going back to the tried and true schedule.

14 minutes ago, sideeye said:

Oh, damn, okay - now I’ve got cystic acne cropping up. I cannot express how massively unusual it is for me to get anything but whiteheads (yes, I am that obnoxious person).

But I am apparently also exactly the person that the literature describes as unsuited for IF. It was an interesting ride my friends, but I am full-on bailing on this one on day 12: deep cystic zits, atypically delayed Shark Week, progressive fatigue, not just a stall but a slight gain... and my skin hasn’t been looking great either, despite drinking tons of Water I’ve seemed drawn and my skin has looked thinner/more translucent than usual. I’m going back to the tried and true schedule.

This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.

7 hours ago, sideeye said:

Dang! I'm so sorry you're suffering so! I completely understand changing things up!!!

I really like that you are listening to your body. It's also way too soon to be doing IF anyway. Once you are about 2 years out, you should try it then. The magic of WLS will have dissipated and that is when you need to dig deep. See you then and best of luck!!

Multiple day intermittent fasting summit (part of it with Dr. Perlmutter).

https://fastingtransformation.com/phxrnt/