Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Am I the only person that doesn't eat any dressing at all?

Yes ... did you see my fridge pic, it's like half Salad Dressing ....

On 1/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, FluffyChix said:

You can either add carbs (which kitty loves) or fat (which kitty also loves). But the recipe of death is to add them at the same time.

Yes :) ... Yes :) .... and Oh :blush:

@sillykitty ((hugs)) Hugs my friend. I wish I had some answers for you but know that you can come here and share your fears and any insecurities or whatevs! I think we will all be here for you and will also be able to empathize, not just sympathize.

Our fat heads are IMHO the toughest part of the whole process!

Do you think you could start slowly? Like just add in 200 extra cals? (Still too low, you will keep losing, but maybe doing it slowly might work?) You could add those easily by adding a snack: 2 tbsp of nutbutter or 1oz of nuts or an ounce of cheese spread with a tbsp of Peanut Butter, or a quarter of an apple with nuts/cheese. Add guacamole/avocado to everything! Add in fruit/seeds/nuts, etc.

Those things add up quickly and are nutritious while being calorically dense...

You know, take baby steps. You might lose too much, but you know you WILL be able to gain down the road...You will. Just sayin.

Edited by FluffyChix

Oh and maybe you back off of IF except once every couple of weeks? Or something?

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh and maybe you back off of IF except once every couple of weeks? Or something?

Yes, I think I'm going to have to. It sucks because the skipping Breakfast thing is easy for me. I'm going to have to start my days with Protein Shakes I guess, maybe baby step and add PB2 powder

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Yes, I think I'm going to have to. It sucks because the skipping Breakfast thing is easy for me. I'm going to have to start my days with Protein Shakes I guess, maybe baby step and add PB2 powder

Yep. Baby step your way to increasing your cals. If it was me, I'd start by hitting your ideal Protein for the day...then next start adding in extra nutrition (fruit/veg combined with just a little fat (nuts/seeds/nut butters/avocado/buttah ;) ) and if still losing, then add in more carby stuff and very calorically dense food like casseroles, etc.

I feel for you. We've all got this love/hate relationship with food and also an absolute terror of going back to where we started. You might benefit from checking back in with your nutritionist or therapist.

12 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Well, at least none of us will advise you to cut back on cardio! 😉

11 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Well, at least none of us will advise you to cut back on cardio! 😉

Well that's not even an option! :lol:

17 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I feel for you. We've all got this love/hate relationship with food and also an absolute terror of going back to where we started. You might benefit from checking back in with your nutritionist or therapist.

I'd have to find a new one. I like my program because it was quick and efficient (no pre op diet etc.), really close by, my surgeon has done lots of surgeries with great results. But the NUT and therapist is just perfunctory, for insurance requirements, and not really there for long term support.

12 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I'd have to find a new one. I like my program because it was quick and efficient (no pre op diet etc.), really close by, my surgeon has done lots of surgeries with great results. But the NUT and therapist is just perfunctory, for insurance requirements, and not really there for long term support.

Still might be worth it as an investment in your long-term success. And you've got challenges that most of the rest of us don't have, working in the food industry and all the travel.

@sillykitty If I’m recalling correctly, a lot of your meals are the low-cal version (or high-protein, or some other twist). Can you focus on replacing one meal a day with the “normal” version of that food? Same quantity, same taste, but higher calorie base.

What’s your average daily calorie intake again?

Edited by sideeye

2 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

This person wants your attention...

God no... this person is actively trying to get me fired (on and off) more than likely because I call them out for all their ****, and horrible work ethic, and federal fraud/waste/abuse. Seems like they feel they are untouchable and we share the same supervisor... and the supervisor doesn't do anything because they suck as a supervisor. (not as a person, just... some people should NOT be in a supervisory role because they can't do the hard/uncomfortable things that are required.).

2 hours ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Wow that looks like fun!

SO.MUCH.FUN! 7 pm - 3 am of non-stop dancing, 2 different DJ booths, one inside, one in a giant heated tent that was lit with ONLY black lights! (the image of me and the other girl are in the tent, the others are from the main floor) Pre shave photos but it lets you see the whole suit head to toe, not as cool with the blacklight flashlight, but you get the idea.
2126557594_NYERaveSuitBanner.thumb.jpg.08dff4672cafc4ec6985c4b7d605ac37.jpg

15 minutes ago, sideeye said:

@sillykitty If I’m recalling correctly, a lot of your meals are the low-cal version (or high-protein, or some other twist). Can you focus on replacing one meal a day with the “normal” version of that food? Same quantity, same taste, but higher calorie base.

What’s your average daily calorie intake again?

When I was in my focused weight loss phase, I tried to meet Protein goals at the minimum of calories. So I kept my cals really low, in the 500 range or so most non traveling days.

I've been completely off plan with few exceptions since mid August (Scotland vacation, then never got back on the wagon). I stopped logging right before my October vacation (Rome, I knew it would be ridiculous), and haven't logged until this week,

But looking back at the off the rails logs from August to October, I was averaging 1500 cals approximately. I would say that is probably pretty consistent to how I was eating prior to the January Challenge.

My BMR calculator put me at 1350 cals or so. So this should be slow gain. But I guess the good news is my metabolism isn't broken. :unsure: