Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

11 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I'm not going to post this in food Before After pics. There's a lot more traffic there, and a lot of newbies, and I already feel like a terrible example. :unsure:

lunch

Tan Tan Udon, with Onion Tempura Ball & Tempura Shrimp

5bb2c5e1c2000_udonbefore.thumb.JPG.b514b840360164ae930593ad525042bf.JPG

5bb2c5dd37cf6_udonafter.thumb.JPG.cfadbafaddba6a35f60707fcbceaca77.JPG

Oh man that looks amazing!!! Are they hand pulled noodles? They look like it! YUM!

22 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Here's my Month-to-Month so far. (click to enlarge)

2017-2018WLS_MONTHLYCOMP.thumb.jpg.263c4aa550e6a69f44d0883d653f30d2.jpg

Congratulations on the weight loss so far. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the pics. Seeing the month over month progression is really helpful to me mentally.

Morning/afternoon all! I had a pretty easy fasting day yesterday. Ended up doing a 24 hour fast with only 1 meal + about 4oz PP in Decaf about an hour later-- cuz I was super too low on protein-- but I don't normally like drinking anything that close out from a meal.

Today I'm gonna do a 14/10 without food restriction and will maybe have 3 meals + some coconut oil + PP in my coffee for BCAAs. Think PP has BCAAs roflmao!! Plus I wanted it mkay?

Only thing is that now after 1 cup of the coconut oil coffee (sorry Dave, I can't bring myself to say Bulletproof Coffee cuz the coffee isn't your's and the idea wasn't yours either)...I'm no longer hungry. So will just hang out and work until I feel moved to eat.

For those of you who never struggle with hunger (physiological or head), I don't know if you can remember back to pre-surg days where you did and how awful that feels. It's also scary because you know you don't want to blow your golden shot, and you WANT to be compliant with your doc's/RDs plans about no snacking between meals!! And don't overeat your meals!

But for me, with a larger than average pouch capacity at this stage in my post surgery recovery, this feeling of satiety and well-being that I get from IF is magical. It's a natural hunger suppressant. And I eat my normal amount--sometimes a tiny bit less at my meals. I no longer have to battle myself to push it past a 3 or 4 hour window for eating. And I do actively feel like I'm in control rather than my hunger hormones and head are driving the bus to hell. That is not to say I am not human and don't have those times when I just want or do say WTF let's hit it my people--and party down...it is just that those times aren't hitting me by surprise and making compliance very very difficult after this 1st month IF.

I've always enjoyed my food choices--I actively LOVE and look forward to my ketogenic meals and lifestyle. After most of the past 18 years it's just a natural fit. And the times when rogue comfort foods rear their ugly heads and say, "Eat me! Eat me! Oh choose me!!!" feel very distant--for today. Realize that tomorrow or in 2 hours things could always go sideways. LOL. I'm only one "next best bite away" from being a hungry hungry heffer and sinnin sister.

Ok, that's all I got for today.

Edited by FluffyChix

4 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Oh man that looks amazing!!! Are they hand pulled noodles? They look like it! YUM!

They are fresh made Udon, hand rolled into dough sheets, and then machine cut. They were yum :blush:

25 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

But for me, with a larger than average pouch capacity at this stage in my post surgery recovery, this feeling of satiety and well-being that I get from IF is magical. It's a natural hunger suppressant. And I eat my normal amount--sometimes a tiny bit less at my meals. I no longer have to battle myself to push it past a 3 or 4 hour window for eating. And I do actively feel like I'm in control rather than my hunger hormones and head are driving the bus to hell. That is not to say I am not human and don't have those times when I just want or do say WTF let's hit it my people--and party down...it is just that those times aren't hitting me by surprise and making compliance very very difficult after this 1st month IF.

And the times when rogue comfort foods rear their ugly heads and say, "Eat me! Eat me! Oh choose me!!!" feel very distant--for today. Realize that tomorrow or in 2 hours things could always go sideways. LOL. I'm only one "next best bite away" from being a hungry hungry heffer and sinnin sister.

I agree with all of this :)

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

They are fresh made Udon, hand rolled into dough sheets, and then machine cut. They were yum :blush:

Oh man. I think I told you about my little Vietnamese place in Denver that I don't think is there any longer--TeeWas (sp?). They had a noodle king making hand pulled noodles and you could watch him. The. Most. Amazing. food. EVS. bar none. I'm not joking. 30 years and I still dream of this food. Problem with food much? ROFLMAO!!!

The udon look fab!!! We had an equally brilliant Japanese place with fab udon soup...Denver again. Great food city.

19 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Update:

Constipation. Don't let it happen to you. Oats and I have agreed to see other people permanently.

I feel back to normal. Like I only gained a little instead of a ton lol

Yay!!! So happy to hear both things. :) Ain't nobody need oats. They hit the blood stream fairly quickly. :( So glad you're feeling lighter on your toes. (I'm betting the oats have something to do with the dumping...or maybe a Protein Bar? ) So sorry you're experiencing this though. :(

Having a good day. Still trying to get over my cold. I feel much better, but still making lots of goo in my chest now. But nose is clear! Yeeeehaaaw!!

I thought today would be a tough 24hour IF day cuz I ate 3 squares yesterday. I'm really trying on my off days to push cals to 1000/day and get at least 70-75g Protein while still maintaining a 14/10 fasting window. So I figured I would be peckish today. But not really.

I don't think I will do 24 hours since I really feel a little like I need some protein cuz of being sick. So I want to try to get 60g of protein. I'm gonna see how doing a 22/2 fast does. That way I can break my meals into 2 events: 1 snack, 1 meal and see how I do. I'm also gonna try to back it up to eat my meal at 7:30 rather than 8pm like last night. So it really won't be a full 2hours but I'm not gonna split more hairs that I already do or stress about it. LOL!

I feel very lonely here and like this thread is just way too much about me. So I may stop posting as much in it. :( I don't know that it serves a useful purpose for anyone--and I already keep track of my food in MFP...

I've been fasting too, just busy trying sort out other stuff but the fasting is going strong. I thing I did a couple 22-24hr wet fasts (including my horrible date) weight is dropping in I can see and feel it. Still not weighing lol, I'm a rebel. I did purchase some pysillum husk powder today at my local health food store. I need added Fiber and because i don't always eat the ryvita crispbread. Here's a salad and a selfie lol

Starting a mandated fast for blood work tonight. Yay. 😎 Was doing it anyway.

I'm still here.

IMG_9461.JPG

IMG_9457.JPG

Edited by GreenTealael

https://www.livescience.com/63232-your-gut-bacteria-weight-loss.html

No time to expound on this, but interesting read.

10 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

https://www.livescience.com/63232-your-gut-bacteria-weight-loss.html

No time to expound on this, but interesting read.

Ok, this was fascinating and made me angry. LOL. Not only does our own metabolism conspire to keep us fat and down on the farm with gut hormones and gut/brain hormones, but our gut bugs do too??? Gimme somethin' to kick!!! Man that poop transpant is looking better and better to me!!! 🤨

Sincerely,

Grumpy Girl

15 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I've been fasting too, just busy trying sort out other stuff but the fasting is going strong. I thing I did a couple 22-24hr wet fasts (including my horrible date) weight is dropping in I can see and feel it. Still not weighing lol, I'm a rebel. I did purchase some pysillum husk powder today at my local health food store. I need added Fiber and because i don't always eat the ryvita crispbread. Here's a salad and a selfie lol

Starting a mandated fast for blood work tonight. Yay. 😎 Was doing it anyway.

I'm still here.

IMG_9461.JPG

IMG_9457.JPG

You and your salad look FABULOUS!!! You are so pretty! And I want to steel that bomber off your back and leave ya cryin. So dang cute!

Good luck with your bloodwork today. Don't take your vits til after!!! Your doc is gonna be so pleased!!! Are you seeing him today too?

I had a great IF day yesterday. Ended up doing 21.5 hours LOL. How's that for counting? ;) Oh you know who you are. Yes, I'm obsessed. Yes, I love it. Yes, it makes my world go round. Now go fu*k yourself with your judgement. :) bahahaha!

I did have some tiredness yesterday and felt kinda off in the afternoon. The chest congestion is still hanging around. I wondered if I was doing the right thing with the fasting then I reminded myself, I'm not critically thin--I've got lard ass and can spare some change. And I'm taking my vits. And I'm getting in adequate Protein. So then I tried a pinch of sea salt under my tongue and a mag citrate gelcap and 30 minutes later I felt remarkably better! So I think between fighting off the cold, trying to learn to jog, walking, and IF, I was maybe a little dehydrated or electrolytes were a bit off. I'll watch for that today.

Today is a full-on eating day where I'm pushing for 1000cals to 1100cals. We have an event tonight involving rich food and wine. Will try to limit both and have accounted for the cals ahead of time for both. And today I will concentrate on deeply nutritious meals with a 14/10 fast, maybe even pushed to a 16/8 window.

I'm really doing a hybrid type of fasting. It's no doubt overkill. ;) But hey, it reawakened motivation for me and is making this weight loss journey into a game that is new and different each day. I think that is critical for me, cuz when boredom sets in, my baser side re-emerges and I realize I'm not so re-habilitated after all--just like a hardened criminal...except I'm a serial food abuser with a deeply food-criminal history. :D I wouldn't trust me in your pantry further than you could throw me which wouldn't be far at all! :)

Ok so the hybrid is: I'm doing ADF (alternate day or every other day caloric restriction); I eat within a pre-determined eating window (2 days a week, I'm trying for a 22-24hour fast) and on "non-fast days" I try to get my calories up over 1000 while simply maintaining a loose food window of 14/10 minimum--eating between 2 meals, to 2 meals plus 1 snack.< /span>

This works well for me cuz it keeps me on a predictable schedule. Since I work from home, food is always present and available and I have no one to be accountable to except myself. When we have a date nite or social event, then I plan those hijinx into my routine. It helps keep me honest and also does hormonal things to me that helps control hunger. It's harder to be bad when you're satisfied, replete, and motivated.

:)

Edited by FluffyChix