Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

Wish we had a kissy emoji to Like something and a huggy emoji!!! ((hugs)) Thank you ladybug!!! I agree. I just MUST force myself to continue despite the fact that I "feel" good in my body (other than the pain from and deficits from treatment that are always gonna be a part of my life--I'd hope some of it would be weight-related--but it doesn't appear to be the case...)

((BIG HUG)) My best friend has the type of breast cancer that is very estrogen sensitive, so even though she's quite thin, she is almost entirely vegetarian since most meat products and dairy have at least some estrogen. When we go out to lunch I research new places for vegetarian food. She will occasionally eat fish, but she doesn't really care for it. Her cancer is in remission and she's working hard to keep it that way.

14 hours ago, Newme17 said:

@FluffyChix wow wee lady, I’m happy to see you’re going strong! Been a long time since I’ve logged in. Glad to see an IF thread that is pretty active too. Based on how much I can eat (which is way more now that I’m 1 yr and 4mo out), doing IF is definitely easier. Trick for me is a cup of coffee in the mornings and lots of Water. I’ll do my utmost best to chime in and share, but I won’t promise I’ll be by most everyday like I used to. 😂

Blessings to all of you doing IF. It’s a great lifestyle to adapt. Not about what you eat (which of course we need to be mindful) but of when to eat. Happy IF-ing!!!

Wow sweetie!!! It's so great to see you!! I hope you will stick around--even if it's part time or IP (intermittent postings hehe). LOL!! How are you doing??? How much can you eat now (volume and/or weight) at 16months out? I totally agree lots of Water and the coffee rock to make IF easier! LOL.

1 minute ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

((BIG HUG)) My best friend has the type of breast cancer that is very estrogen sensitive, so even though she's quite thin, she is almost entirely vegetarian since most meat products and dairy have at least some estrogen. When we go out to lunch I research new places for vegetarian food. She will occasionally eat fish, but she doesn't really care for it. Her cancer is in remission and she's working hard to keep it that way.

Yes! I hear ya! That's why I really try to eat a LOT of leafy greens and veggies daily!!! And why I limit my consumption of red meat--staying only Protein adequate. I try to eat mostly chicken, fish of all kinds, shrimp, turkey, a tiny bit of pork and tiny bit of beef--not even weekly. I also eat fairly small-ish amounts of dairy compared to most. Wish I could give it up completely--but I'm just not ready to do that yet.

But sadly--my oncologist says that I must avoid anything soy based--the biggest source of plant protein and one of the biggest phytoestrogens. And if you look at the quantities of veggie based proteins--they have scarily HUGE numbers/quantities of phytoestrogens (plant estrogens)--this is especially true of: legumes, Beans, seeds, nuts, hemp hearts, chia seeds. And he is of the belief that I need to just lose the weight--try to avoid meats with hormones, go lower dairy, and avoid as much phytoestrogen sources as I can--especially soy and flax. And did I say lose weight to get to normal weight? haha!

He wrote the book (literally) on breast cancer that is used in med schools and is one of the leading researchers in Tamoxifen and breast cancer. He does specialize in hormone positive cancers which I am currently in remission from and am being treated with Femara (an anti-hormone blocker--endocrine therapy).

Big hugs to your friend!!!! I pray that she is successful in keeping the beast at bay. It sounds like she is working hard at it!!

9 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yes! I hear ya! That's why I really try to eat a LOT of leafy greens and veggies daily!!! And why I limit my consumption of red meat--staying only Protein adequate. I try to eat mostly chicken, fish of all kinds, shrimp, turkey, a tiny bit of pork and tiny bit of beef--not even weekly. I also eat fairly small-ish amounts of dairy compared to most. Wish I could give it up completely--but I'm just not ready to do that yet.

But sadly--my oncologist says that I must avoid anything soy based--the biggest source of plant Protein and one of the biggest phytoestrogens. And if you look at the quantities of veggie based proteins--they have scarily HUGE numbers/quantities of phytoestrogens (plant estrogens)--this is especially true of: legumes, Beans, seeds, nuts, hemp hearts, chia seeds. And he is of the belief that I need to just lose the weight--try to avoid meats with hormones, go lower dairy, and avoid as much phytoestrogen sources as I can--especially soy and flax. And did I say lose weight to get to normal weight? haha!

He wrote the book (literally) on breast cancer that is used in med schools and is one of the leading researchers in Tamoxifen and breast cancer. He does specialize in hormone positive cancers which I am currently in remission from and am being treated with Femara (an anti-hormone blocker--endocrine therapy).

Big hugs to your friend!!!! I pray that she is successful in keeping the beast at bay. It sounds like she is working hard at it!!

Yes, she is. She'd like to be around for quite a bit longer. Like you, she also avoids anything with soybeans, but she does eat other Beans. It is very difficult to be vegetarian and avoid soy products. They make up a huge portion of the products available.

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

The only thing good about it is that there was room for me to be sooooo much worse and that I did make a few small good choices, but it's scary to see how things add up so quickly and even in 1 or 2 meals. :( No wonder I made it to the MO Ball. *le sigh*

I know :( Even with my tiny tummy, I counted 1600 cals yesterday. And almost all food. The only good decision I made yesterday was to have a light beer, and only one :(

My RD is very pleased with my progress and with my food choices and told me again yesterday that she really wanted me to consider whether or not I needed to lose anymore weight. I told her I should take her to the woodshed and rip off my pants so she could see the fat still hangin on my derriere and thighs (aka my elephant scrotum). Then she would encourage me to continue losing. LOL! I won't lie--hearing these words from people is dangerous ground for me...I'm not at my goal. And I'm afraid I will let rationalization in that will keep me from pushing myself to achieve my goals for once in my life. Oh well...gotta go exercise like a semi-invalidic beast. Ha!

Exact same here. Saw my surgeon last month, and he said I looked great and questioned why I wanted to lose more weight. I told him the same, he wouldn't be saying that if he saw me naked.

I also wonder if I hadn't gotten the praise I got at the party, with multiple people telling me they can't see why I'd lose more, would I have eaten those red vines? I'm a very stubborn and determined person, so long term those comments won't stop me. But did they for one night?

16 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I love Aldi's lol, enjoy your weekend, live life... Cry while you're frantically doing lunges in Monday lol

Ugh to Aldi's AND TJs! So. Dang. Hard. It's like running the gauntlet!!!

Aldi's are new to CA. I've loved them from afar forever, so excited when they arrived. But they are few and far between, none very convenient to me. And so so empty, it'll be interesting to see if they last. But I love them, their prices, and all their interesting items.

Shopping at my regular stores like TJ's etc., are fine for me, I just go for what I want and generally don't get too distracted. But I was very distracted by Aldi's various versions of frozen spaetzel :blush:

Oh, and on the topic of regional grocery stores. I love HEB, and wish they would come to CA. But they won't, ever :(

I was up late last night binge watching Altered Carbon on Netflix so I ate close to 1am, I was so caught up I forgot to eat in my window and I didn't need anymore liquids so .. flexibility

I'll be fasting until super late today because of this but I plan to have salad, maybe kind mini bar, Peanut Butter, etc. the usual suspects

I have to prep a longer stricter fast in anticipation of Tuesday night's (Yom Kippur) true fast. It will try first since surgery, but I'm so far out and hydrated AF I think it will not be an issue. Monday will be a Water broth tea day no stevia, Creamer, coffee or PP shake. Hardcore.

7 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

Aldi's are new to CA. I've loved them from afar forever, so excited when they arrived. But they are few and far between, none very convenient to me. And so so empty, it'll be interesting to see if they last. But I love them, their prices, and all their interesting items.

Shopping at my regular stores like TJ's etc., are fine for me, I just go for what I want and generally don't get too distracted. But I was very d hiistracted by Aldi's various versions of frozen spaetzel :blush:

Oh, and on the topic of regional grocery stores. I love HEB, and wish they would come to CA. But they won't, ever :(

Hmm, Aldi's here are jammed packed with items and people. I love how low rent they are but the products are quality...

We have lots of regional stores but the one I wish would come closer to us is Wegmans... I seriously love that store it laid out right... But it's never coming to my part of NYS 😥

Edited by GreenTealael

Not sure how today will go as far as IF. Will be having a late brunch, so that will give me a decent fast. Then my evening plans are up in the air. We'll see, I guess.

Starting this week, I have tons of travel on my calendar. Sometimes I can do IF, sometimes I can't. But it always makes it hard to eat clean and make good choices. And I'm terrible at hydration, Protein goals, and taking all my supplements on the road.

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Hmm, Aldi's here are jammed packed with items and people. I love how low rent they are but the products are quality...

We have lots of regional stores but the one I wish would come closer to us is Wegmans... I seriously love that store it laid out right... But it's never coming to my part of NYS 😥

Yeah, new grocery chains have a hard time in CA. I think because there are already so many more choices than the rest of the country, people are less inclined to try out some place new. Aldi is also challenging for people because it is almost all private label. So that is off putting if someone wants Wheat Thins, and isn't willing to try Wheat-y Thins :P. And because there is so much competition in CA, our grocery prices are on average very low, so again, less reason for people to try out Aldi.

Yeah, I love Wegmans as well ... I was surprised and nice they were and how low the prices were. Not a normal combo! They are expanding ... so maybe they'll make it to you!?!

Honey. I'm really glad to see you going back to embracing your vegetarian/vegan roots. I think you have to do you. I honestly do. Taking that other stress away is infinitely important!!! Maybe you will explore and find room there for some tiny bit of compromise--maybe things like eggs or fish -- and maybe not. Meh. You will figure it out. You are one smalrt cookie and you know your body best!!! (Maybe I'll lift a cup or two of Smooth Move in your honor today! ;) )One thing I do know from reading the current studies--is that Fiber, especially prebiotics/soluble fibers appear to be very important. Today. hehe--that could change tomorrow. And the other thing I know is your meals are beautiful!!! I'm a died in the wool omnivore--but I would love to join you at your table any day. GORGEOUS food. Love the marinade. I'm going to try that soon!!! Love that salad!

Everyone is welcome to my table!

I'm an ovo lacto pescaterian

So I super flexible but I still don't eat much dairy or eggs because they don't always agree with me, not my stomach necessarily but it shows up in my skin...

Being vegan is an eventuality but I want to get far enough away from goal first because carbs...

Funny I usually get enough Fiber in when I'm eating vegetarian but not when I eat meat meals because I don't use chia, flax, hemp, psyllium etc.

I 💟 Smooth Move, but you have to set your plans for being close to the bathroom. For a while.

Edited by GreenTealael

So nearly peeing myself laughing 😂😂😂😂 49 miles from the nearest rest area while catching up reading 11+ pages of posts - Quilt Week done heading home!!!

Hmm no IF for me until I get home. I was naughty with wine, hotel sex (rope involved), and those damn warm oatmeal raisin Cookies EVERY night at the hotel. (Hotel makes 4 kinds of cookies nightly at 8pm).

But here are pictures...(none w ropes lol)

So fluff, @FluffyChix, quilt week is a big azz quilt show with classes, vendors, show quilts, exhibitions of quilts, etc etc Paducah has 2 a year, although the spring show is absolutely nuckingfutts azzhole to elbow with people as just more everything, has a cult following lol

20180914_105039.jpg

20180914_184318.jpg

46 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

So nearly peeing myself laughing 😂😂😂😂 49 miles from the nearest rest area while catching up reading 11+ pages of posts - Quilt Week done heading home!!!

Hmm no IF for me until I get home. I was naughty with wine, hotel sex (rope involved), and those damn warm oatmeal raisin Cookies EVERY night at the hotel. (Hotel makes 4 kinds of Cookies nightly at 8pm).

But here are pictures...(none w ropes lol)

So fluff, @FluffyChix, quilt week is a big azz quilt show with classes, vendors, show quilts, exhibitions of quilts, etc etc Paducah has 2 a year, although the spring show is absolutely nuckingfutts azzhole to elbow with people as just more everything, has a cult following lol

20180914_105039.jpg

20180914_184318.jpg

All types of AMAZING!

Amazing Quilts from the show, I will never accomplish, but admire greatly......lol (yes off topic...)

20180915_113913.jpg

20180914_113944.jpg

20180914_113756.jpg

20180912_104038.jpg

11 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow sweetie!!! It's so great to see you!! I hope you will stick around--even if it's part time or IP (intermittent postings hehe). LOL!! How are you doing??? How much can you eat now (volume and/or weight) at 16months out? I totally agree lots of Water and the coffee rock to make IF easier! LOL.

IP...you’ve always manage to crack me up. Lol.

Oh boy. I won’t be of much help with how much I can eat or what I now weigh or anything to do with a scale. Lol. Never was one to measure foods or my weight. So I can’t honestly tell you. BUT, I can eat a chopped salad with black Beans, (eyeballing here) maybe 1-1.5 cups? I have just given up on numbers all together, but WHEN I eat is still on my mind. I still deal with mindless eating, so I need to be restricted to timing and of course drinking more Water. 😉