Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Just now, sillykitty said:

I am usually happy with my tiny stomach capacity and am glad I am satisfied with so little. One of the few exceptions is when I go to little Saigon, I just want to keep eating!

I can only imagine!!! Salivating now. :)

So...colonoscopy prep day.....

broth, tea, G2 (blech)....

making my own veg broth right now

More fabric cutting....

153616388631482165459.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sosewsue61 said:

More fabric cutting....

What quilt design are you going to use? So far, the components look amazing together. I love the mix of stronger graphics with the watercolors! At least it keeps your mind off the colonoscopy!

1 hour ago, FluffyChix said:

Wow girlie!!! Good on you for getting back on the supps!!!!!! And for getting your food/protein up!!! Is there any chance you can get another 1/2 bottle of Protein Drink down -- like with your lunch? Or use it as Creamer in lattes or iced coffee even iced chai tea? It disguises it.

Wow! BTW, I'm SUPER impressed you could get 51g of Protein in during a 4 hour window!!!! Holy sh*t mamacita!

Ok, so on my original IF post everyone told me this was dangerous. What am I missing?

not to rain on your parade, you're doing great!

1 hour ago, Sosewsue61 said:

More fabric cutting....

They look beautiful! But omg I'm confused cuz I thought you already had it!!! Doh!!! Good luck hon!!!!

33 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Ok, so on my original IF post everyone told me this was dangerous. What am I missing?

not to rain on your parade, you're doing great!

Ok, so what I didn't say is that the very tiny amount that Silly can eat scares the crap out of me. And by her own admission, she hasn't even been doing as well as this right now. This represented a good day for her. I also missed that she was doing it in a 4 hour window initially. In my mind, with as little as she eats, there is no way or reason to cut IF to 4 hours. Cuz if she opened it to even an 8 hour window, she could probably get in 60-80g of Protein per day.

In actuality, you can eat more than her, but you try more toward vegetarian. And ditto that...scares the hell out of me. I think it's even scarier for you cuz you're doing this while using vegetarian sources of protein that do not have as much protein in it as lean meatacular stuff. So both of you are in my honest opinion playing with fire. :( But I'm just a lay person and don't know squat!

I just thought I should not rain on her parade like I did your's cuz I felt so bad about raining on your parade and being a d**k (even though I don't have that appendage)...and also, on this thread, I'm trying not to be judgey. It's hard AF cuz we all know I'm an assh*t sometimes. :( I'm just trying to turn over a new leaf. :)

Edited by FluffyChix

30 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Question:

how many meals is everyone having per day (normally and while fasting)?

I'm having 3 + one snack if I can make myself get it in. I'm eating from 11:30 - 9:30 and going to bed around 12:00. I should stop earlier, but I'm having probs getting things in gear in the mornings to eat earlier. :(

And this is already making me not want to eat earlier than 3-4 hours between meals.

6 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, so what I didn't say is that the very tiny amount that Silly can eat scares the crap out of me. And by her own admission, she hasn't even been doing as well as this right now. This represented a good day for her. I also missed that she was doing it in a 4 hour window initially. In my mind, with as little as she eats, there is no way or reason to cut IF to 4 hours. Cuz if she opened it to even an 8 hour window, she could probably get in 60-80g of Protein per day.

In actuality, you can eat more than her, but you try more toward vegetarian. And ditto that...scares the hell out of me. I think it's even scarier for you cuz you're doing this while using vegetarian sources of Protein that do not have as much protein in it as lean meatacular stuff. So both of you are in my honest opinion playing with fire. :( But I'm just a lay person and don't know squat!

I just thought I should not rain on her parade like I did your's cuz I felt so bad about raining on your parade and being a d**k (even though I don't have that appendage)...and also, on this thread, I'm trying not to be judgey. It's hard AF cuz we all know I'm an assh*t sometimes. :( I'm just trying to turn over a new leaf. :)

I totally snorted and spit out coffee in public while reading this... 😥

Just now, GreenTealael said:

I totally snorted and spit out coffee in public while reading this... 😥

hahaha IKR? I also didn't mean to steal your IF thread btw. :( :( You want me to go add those you tubes to it?

And I just hope you didn't have to pee your pants! :D

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I'm having 3 + one snack if I can make myself get it in. I'm eating from 11:30 - 9:30 and going to bed around 12:00. I should stop earlier, but I'm having probs getting things in gear in the mornings to eat earlier. :(

And this is already making me not want to eat earlier than 3-4 hours between meals.

I'm down to 1-2 true meals, but if I count PP as a meal, which I never do then 3,

Snacking gone

I'm down to 1-2 true meals, but if I count PP as a meal, which I never do then 3,

Snacking gone

My personal rule on this is if something has calories then it breaks the fast. Since I don't have AS Water enhancers and stuff then the I don't have to make tough decisions about what to do with Crystal Light and stuff like that. LOL. So if I have PP, then it's either a meal or snack depending on how many Protein grams. If it had 30g then it's a meal. If it has 3-6, then it's def a snack. :)

It's SUPER difficult even after only 3 days to force myself to go make lunch. Even though it's quick, I'm not really hungry even at 4 hours then the thought of eating at dinner just kinda makes me go, "Blech." But the thing I know is that I do not want to revert to eating slidery foods just to get protein in or going back to PP cuz I actually do much better with dense protein and the Fiber from the veggies and tiny amounts of fruit/berries, nuts, seeds, avocado, etc. than I do when I go back to the PP.

I feel like they make me either so hyper insulinemic, OR I'm allergic to them. I tried to do the 5 day pouch reset and my ankles swelled up like balloons again! Oy! On only 2 PPs and decaff and water! So I'm trying not to slip into doing 2 meals per day + a Protein Drink.

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

hahaha IKR? I also didn't mean to steal your IF thread btw. :( :( You want me to go add those you tubes to it?

And I just hope you didn't have to pee your pants! :D

No! it's all good, mine was just me alone, this is better. But really I'm ok with Protein. I decided I can focus less on it for a while, not forever, and still be ok, especially since I weigh less now no need to keep the same high levels as when I was 240...

Edited by GreenTealael

No! it's all good, mine was just me alone, this is better. But really I'm ok with Protein. I decided I can focus less on it for a while in not forever, and still be ok, especially since I weigh less now no need to keep the same high levels as when I was 240...

Except that your Protein needs are defined by your lean body mass or due weight in kgs. :) So even at 240lbs, you had the same or similar protein needs that you do now. For instance, as a rough figure, I look at my goal weigh of 150lbs ( ;) ;) ;) we both know my "real" goal weight is anything <145lbs) and divide by 2.2 to get my goal weight in kgs. So that is 68.8kgs. We need roughly .8-1.2g or protein per kg to maintain healthy body functions for a "normally" sedentarish to slightly active female of my height and weight. I know my RD wants me to have about 74g and that is based on a super-scientific formula I can't remember. So I figure in rough terms, that I'm "ok" if I meet their general guidelines of 60-80g of protein per day. :) So I at least try for the high 60s to low 70s most days. Some days I win, others I lose.

That was my protein target at 287lbs. It was also my target at 325lbs. And it continues to be my target at 162lbs and <145lbs. The only way that changes is if I shrinkydink and my lean body mass really goes down. :( Cuz the more LBM we lose, the harder it becomes to maintain weight loss at a reasonable calorie level. And at my age it becomes even more difficult to gain LBM. When we don't get our sufficient protein, the we do go into protein autophagy. Some of that is guaranteed--cuz as we lose weight, we don't require as many blood vessels (protein), some skin goes (protein), some broken Proteins go (protein), etc...but we do also lose important LBM no matter how hard we try not to.