Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having Surgery in Tiajauna Mexico DEC 12 as a Couple

My boyfriend of 3 years and I have been on roller coaster diets our whole lives and have been unsuccessful. He wants to propose I want to accept but we both want to be healthy committed before committing to each other. We are going to Tiajauna Mexico Dec 12th to do a couples Gastric Sleeve and neither of us want to tell family or friends until the procedures are completed. We will be our own support systems until we feel the need to share. Mostly we don't want to worry our mothers and children ect but also because we just do not want to hear from the nah sayers. Of course I want to make an unbiased knowledgeable decision to do this so I welcome your input no matter what you have been through. So please tell me your story the good the bad and the ugly. And feel free to answer my attached questions as well.

I am a self pay and found Mexico to be the most financially effective for us I have researched all hospitals that do this surgery and my best choice I feel is Dr. Jalil Illan and BariatricPal Hospital MX . If anyone has ANY experience with either the Dr or the Hospital I am curious to hear your story.

I am concerned with pain meds, I am aware that meds can not be taken from Mexico in to the US legally what do you recommend as an over the counter substitute for pain following surgery and did you need require any "stronger" meds 3-4 days post op?

What is the most important thing you took with you to the hospital or wish you had?

Would you say post op you find it easy or hard to stick to a diet plan, are you still finding excuses to eat poorly or does the surgery disable your want to, need to feeling to eat what you shouldn't?

What happens to you if you do over indulge?

How long after surgery can you swallow Vitamins? I take Prenatal and collegon mostly for Hair growth and skin elasticity

I will be reading the forums as I have many questions I don't know I need to ask yet. Thank you all in advance for your input and time I hope to share my story and do the same as my story unfolds.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:05 PM, aseret said:

I am concerned with pain meds, I am aware that meds can not be taken from Mexico in to the US legally what do you recommend as an over the counter substitute for pain following surgery and did you need require any "stronger" meds 3-4 days post op?

How is anyone going to know you've got a 150ml bottle of Lortab in your suitcase? Just put it somewhere out of the way and you should be fine. You don't need to prison wallet this stuff.

After three days, the only irritant was the hair growing back on my stomach.

What is the most important thing you took with you to the hospital or wish you had?

My wife.

Would you say post op you find it easy or hard to stick to a diet plan, are you still finding excuses to eat poorly or does the surgery disable your want to, need to feeling to eat what you shouldn't?

It's easier and it keeps getting easier. Two days after surgery I was ready for a double cheeseburger. I mean, it was on my mind 24/7. After five days, the cravings subsided. I did get tired of the sugary Protein options so egg drop soupm did the trick. I still have cravings but nothing like before.

It comes back up, however a bit differently than before. There is no big stomach to hold all the food and give a hard squeeze to push the food out. I just sort of stacks up in your esophagus and you need to tease it out. Sorry for the graphic response, but you're going to find out eventually.

How long after surgery can you swallow Vitamins? I take Prenatal and collegon mostly for Hair growth and skin elasticity

Two days after surgery. I have a pill cutter and can chop my big Multi-Vitamin in half.

I will be reading the forums as I have many questions I don't know I need to ask yet. Thank you all in advance for your input and time I hope to share my story and do the same as my story unfolds.

Smart move doing this while you're young.

-EQ

On 9/2/2018 at 1:05 PM, aseret said:

My boyfriend of 3 years and I have been on roller coaster diets our whole lives and have been unsuccessful. He wants to propose I want to accept but we both want to be healthy committed before committing to each other. We are going to Tiajauna Mexico Dec 12th to do a couples Gastric Sleeve and neither of us want to tell family or friends until the procedures are completed. We will be our own support systems until we feel the need to share. Mostly we don't want to worry our mothers and children ect but also because we just do not want to hear from the nah sayers. Of course I want to make an unbiased knowledgeable decision to do this so I welcome your input no matter what you have been through. So please tell me your story the good the bad and the ugly. And feel free to answer my attached questions as well.

I am a self pay and found Mexico to be the most financially effective for us I have researched all hospitals that do this surgery and my best choice I feel is Dr. Jalil Illan and BariatricPal Hospital MX . If anyone has ANY experience with either the Dr or the Hospital I am curious to hear your story.

I had Lap Band to Sleeve revision surgery in Tijuana Mexico in July. Everything went pretty well and I am losing weight, which i am happy about. The only thing I AM having trouble with is finding a Bariatric Surgeon or any kind of doctor (my family doctor told me flat out - he is NOT a post-op doctor), who will treat me.

One liberal doctor/surgeon I found said if I were in crisis he would treat me, but said he doesn't have the 'bandwidth' to take on other surgeons' patients. He said part of the reason surgery costs locally are so high is for the post-surgical follow up and support they provide. Uggh!

If I were you guys, do some looking around NOW and see if you can find a local doctor who will see you following your surgery. It is MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY.

Fortunately, this doctor looked at the incisions (some still a tiny bit of scabs/healing) and said they looked normal, and I'm OK to go back to the gym. But on my own advice, I don't plan on doing any abdominal exercise at least until Oct or Nov - I'm afraid of popping a stitch internally.

Good luck. You guys will look great when it is all over!!

On 9/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, aseret said:

I am concerned with pain meds, I am aware that meds can not be taken from Mexico in to the US legally what do you recommend as an over the counter substitute for pain following surgery and

It's not illegal to carry prescribed pain meds across the border. You will have your meds and a script, so you are go to go. In fact, you can even take liquid meds in your carry-on on the plane.

As for Vitamins, my program allows you to resume vitamins between days 5 and 7 post-op.

Thank you for the comments and recommendations. I feel a bit more at ease. Booked our flights yesterday and this East Coast girl will be dipping her toes in cold west coast ocean Water before changing her life for ever.