Well the day has arrived , a day I feared would happen. it is now ONLY A FEW DAYS UNTIL MY SURGERY. Now I wonder, am I truly ready?
I have packed, repackaged everything. least twice,
I have gone back and re-read all the other postings for five,years.
Slacks- 1,2, or3 pair?
socks- shoud,i take any soft,ones or just b wear the non skid they provide in bed ?
I know the hospitals keep those,rooms cold.
Should I pack a bed. jacket, sweater. or carry a mictongiber or knitted poncho to,keep my shoulders warm?
Charger for my cell phone, is a 6 foot cord long enough or should I check Staples or Wal-Mart for,longer ones.? Make sure if I am going to work with what I have now, don't take the one that one that makes the boopity boop boop should if bumped while plugged in.
Do I also take my tablet or a paperback or two to read to alleviate boredom between walks.?
Disable wipes, do I assume they may have these or take my hypoallergenic ones? Will they laugh if they see the kiddy frogs?
A notebook and decent non-skipping pen so I can journal? PaperMates soy-based ink is good.
List,of phone # to call when surgery is done.There are 5 or 6 who asked to be called. And surprise, PCP gave my son his answering group # as well as his personal cell in,case Tomkitten had reports out of office hours.
And high school classmates, they sent an unexpected card, 10 signatures, 10 personal cellphone # And e'mail addresses! Was I wrong, did they actually like,the fat geeky nerd-girl I once was ? I sure didn't run around with the cheerleaders, majorettes and all the football teams girlfriends, I read, studied and stayed at home with my parents. Didn't even single-date until into college.
Former boy classmates came up and asked. at class- reunion, " Why didn't WE date you in school? you're such a nice person after all!" Finally told one of them, who I i had unrequited crush on back then. " I really wish,you all had,broke,my,poor late Mama's heart too!
Do you realize neither of the 2 Lesbians in the c o add ever asked me out either?" No don't try to kiss me NOW, you are 50some years too late.
Do,i take any makeup, well at,least lipstick,and shadow, or am I expected to,look like a large dog chewed me up and then barfed on me?
Hairbrush,comb, Shampoo, conditioner and soap. Will,i,be taking a shower there or waiting until I get home.
Which reminds me , better have,my shower chair and Squatty Potty in place for,my return. At least my landlord relented long enough to threaten eviction until later in the month.-----
Quite A Story There!
I have my GasX, will get my biotene, have,my slippers and robe in there.
My ID, wouldn't you think if they scheduled me for surgery they ought to KNOW who I am? It's not like this is a free tattoo,that people stand in,long lines for. And what have
I forgot? I forgotten my,insurance cards and a Medicine list, although those also should be on file. And it's not like I went out and bought supplements insurance from,Happy Henry's Insurance-a-Rama at the very last minute