Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I shaved my head...

I chopped mine down to a pixie from longer then the middleman my back when it started getting thinner and coming out in big clumps.

I’m so scared of this. I look horrible with short hair, like people have even told me as much. If I have to cut it short I’m going to be really depressed

On 01/02/2019 at 22:29, jasmineinmymind said:

I’m so scared of this. I look horrible with short hair, like people have even told me as much. If I have to cut it short I’m going to be really depressed
Have you had WLS yet? My wife had the sleeve and she didn’t have any Hair loss. I think it affects everyone differently. Don’t freak yourself out just yet, maybe you won’t experience any hair loss?

6 hours ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Have you had WLS yet? My wife had the sleeve and she didn’t have any Hair loss. I think it affects everyone differently. Don’t freak yourself out just yet, maybe you won’t experience any hair loss?

My Dr said if you lose hair right away your malnourished.Myself I lost some at 5 Months out maybe for like 2 Weeks .Im now going into my 9 Month and it all has grown back .Heres the ? What’s more important your Hair or a long Healthy life ?

On 01/02/2019 at 19:11, Sprinkles1 said:

Update on my hair growth!Snapchat-1472433543.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow, it’s growing in SO CUTE! This is how I want to cut my hair and how I’ve wanted it for like a decade but I’ve been nervous that with my hair so much thinner it wouldn’t look good. Are you finding that the losses are visible when it’s growing back in? Or not really?

I'm in the middle of bad Hair loss right now. Every time I run my fingers through my hair a few strands come out, and it comes out..not quite in clumps, but a ton whenever I wash my hair (every 3-4 days). I don't have bald spots (yet) and my hair was ridiculously thick to start with, so it's not showing much and seems to be coming from all over my scalp rather than a specific spot, but it still feels bad. I started increasing my Protein intake, and am taking Biotin and l-lysine. How long did the hair loss last for those of you who went through it? I'm worried it'll keep on like this forever, every time I don't eat enough protein or something, and I'll end up looking like I have mange. When did it start growing back in?

Update on my hair growth!Snapchat-1472433543.thumb.jpeg.26feebcecb3c23c21b89159b81fe2e68.jpeg

You look friggin adorable.

Sent from my LGL59BL using BariatricPal mobile app

You look fantastic. Ultra adorbs. My nutritionist said that Biotin in high concentration is supposed to help with hair and nails, but that works for you. Rock it!

55 minutes ago, MegPRN said:

I'm in the middle of bad Hair loss right now. Every time I run my fingers through my hair a few strands come out, and it comes out..not quite in clumps, but a ton whenever I wash my hair (every 3-4 days). I don't have bald spots (yet) and my hair was ridiculously thick to start with, so it's not showing much and seems to be coming from all over my scalp rather than a specific spot, but it still feels bad. I started increasing my Protein intake, and am taking Biotin and l-lysine. How long did the Hair loss last for those of you who went through it? I'm worried it'll keep on like this forever, every time I don't eat enough Protein or something, and I'll end up looking like I have mange. When did it start growing back in?

Did lose mine till my 5 Months only lasted for 3 weeks .My Health is a tad more important than my Hair . I could be going through Chemo and be completely bad .

Thank you everyone for your support and compliments! I'm not 100% a fan on my hair right now but it's coming along.

I started losing my hair about 3-4 months after surgery. Honestly, it was my fault. I got sick after surgery and could barely eat. I didn't keep up with my Protein and Vitamins either. I lost a good portion of my hair within a month span. When I say I just a bald spot, I mean it was so bad that a top hair piece couldn't even cover it. I had no choice but to shave my head.

I wore a wig at work and no one noticed. I hated these last 3 months but i'm happier now. Hair loss
It'll be okay! Make sure you're keeping up with your vitamins, eating enough and getting in that protein!!! I was not.

Wow, it’s growing in SO CUTE! This is how I want to cut my hair and how I’ve wanted it for like a decade but I’ve been nervous that with my hair so much thinner it wouldn’t look good. Are you finding that the losses are visible when it’s growing back in? Or not really?
I can't even tell where the losses were previously but it's probably because I shaved my entire head lol

I'm in the middle of bad Hair loss right now. Every time I run my fingers through my hair a few strands come out, and it comes out..not quite in clumps, but a ton whenever I wash my hair (every 3-4 days). I don't have bald spots (yet) and my hair was ridiculously thick to start with, so it's not showing much and seems to be coming from all over my scalp rather than a specific spot, but it still feels bad. I started increasing my Protein intake, and am taking Biotin and l-lysine. How long did the hair loss last for those of you who went through it? I'm worried it'll keep on like this forever, every time I don't eat enough protein or something, and I'll end up looking like I have mange. When did it start growing back in?
My hair started to grow back in literally immediately. It kinda pissed me off! For some reason when I had long hair all I did was lose it. I shave my head and BOOM growth.

I take pictures every first of the month. I shaved my head 9/1/18CollageMaker_20190103_224908956.jpeg

Has anyone who lost or shaved off their hair, had it regrow a different texture or shade? Just something I thought of tonight.