Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shakes for picky protein drinkers

3 minutes ago, findingme65 said:

Yes, absolutely, but there must be a difference in the Protein processing and affect.... I cant imagine they would tell us this for no reason.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

You'd be surprised. Just because someone is a doctor, doesn't mean they are correct.
*ALL* whey is sourced from Cow Milk. Whey concentrate and whey isolate are processed differently and Isolate is a much more pure form of the Protein and has most (if not all) lactose removed from it. But, it's all still sourced from the exact same location. The statement of staying away from milk protein, but use whey, is just an incorrect statement from start to finish, that's like saying, Stay away from H2O, make sure to drink DiHydrogen Monoxide. They are the same thing.

You'd be surprised. Just because someone is a doctor, doesn't mean they are correct.
*ALL* whey is sourced from Cow Milk. Whey concentrate and whey isolate are processed differently and Isolate is a much more pure form of the Protein and has most (if not all) lactose removed from it. But, it's all still sourced from the exact same location. The statement of staying away from milk Protein, but use whey, is just an incorrect statement from start to finish, that's like saying, Stay away from H2O, make sure to drink DiHydrogen Monoxide. They are the same thing.
I found this article pretty interesting https://www.nutritionexpress.com/showarticle.aspx?articleid=787

3 minutes ago, findingme65 said:

I found this article pretty interesting https://www.nutritionexpress.com/showarticle.aspx?articleid=787

I use Whey, Soy or Pea during the day, and Casein before bed.

12 hours ago, branlee90 said:

I’m hella picky my husband hates it and I got off Protein Shakes for awhile but I need to get back on them. Best milk chocolate Protein that aren’t gritty for picky butts like my self?I’m also juicing! I’m losing weight still but I’ve got to get better.

Isagenix chocolate -- hands down the best Protein Shake I've ever had and it has 24g. It's not gritty when shaken in a blender ball bottle, but I actually prefer it blended with 8-10 ice cubes and 8-10 oz. Water. The less water you use the more it blends up in the same consistency as a Wendy's frosty. Soy & gluten free. I don't sell it but I love them.

Any more that are another flavor besides chocolate?

Yes all whey is milk related.

You need rice pea or soy Protein to avoid animals

On 8/30/2018 at 7:02 PM, branlee90 said:

I’m hella picky my husband hates it and I got off Protein Shakes for awhile but I need to get back on them. Best milk chocolate Protein that aren’t gritty for picky butts like my self?I’m also juicing! I’m losing weight still but I’ve got to get better.

I'm totally picky too. I can't stand the Premier Protein. What I have found that's the best tasting in the Syntrax Nectar Sweets chocolate Truffle. I just mix a scoop with 1 cup of my skim milk for 31 grams of Protein. It's very smooth and doesn't have that protein after taste. It's kind of spendy but worth it. You can actually buy it in one serving packets for $1.99 to try it first before buying the 2 pound container. Good luck!

I liked both Ensure Max and during the day I put Premiere Protein peach flavored into my iced caffeine-free tea. Just a splash and by the end of the day I've done in one bottle. That is 50g of protein. The rest is easy.

Premier Protein started tasking nasty to me so I tried the Fairlife Core Power Protein Drinks, they don't have any Protein Powder in them, they are literally just milk. but if I need some extra Protein they have 26 grams. They taste like chocolate milk and are really good. I can't stand most protein drinks.

I'm going to recommend legion Protein powder. It's awesome and doesn't have chemicals.

I like the Orgain brand organic Protein Shakes. They come in chocolat and vanilla and are 26g Protein with 3g net carbs.