Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 days for me. It’s getting very real.

30 days for me. It’s getting very real.
I have the baritastic app and it has a count down, when it got to 14 days the anxiety really set in. I suggest you download the app its helped me stay on track with my preop diet. It also has recipes, a timer, and other cool stuff. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Good Morning Everyone!! Approved for band to bypass revision on 9/26, I found out when I called Aetna on 9/28, pre-op appt schedule for 10/4.. my advocate told me to start my liver shrink diet Saturday (yesterday) which will put me at a 6 day advantage on this 2 week liver shrink when I go to my preop appt.. and a possible early October surgery date if available since I started the liver shrink diet already..I'm excited!!!!

You are,now on the Glide Path to Surgery and a Quick,one at that! Anxious to hear the rest of the @Chell9898 story, keep us all posted!😛

@Frustr8 I will, thanks👍..it's been a long road..I was giving wrong info from my 1st advocate, bad communication, etc..just a lot was going on..that advocate lost her job.. then I got a new advocate that was straighten up the mess the 1st advocate did.. I was like damn, but I was on top of thangs & had my stuff in order. I had my lil folder with everything I had went through, notes & I document & get copies of everythang! So now my new advocate & the surgeon office is trying they best to get me in & get this surgery date. I was cutting up, went to the office, asking for upper management email address*I was nice/nasty but professional* 😂I guess they was saying this lady crazy!!.. Getting approved as early as I did was surprising & it helped. My advocate said, get on the liver shrink diet now.. so you will be ahead of the game.. I was like cool.. I told her I wasnt going to email upper management I just was frustrated & putting a lil fire on it..

Ooh I do swear by the liver-shrinking diet, spent the entire month of August on it. Really was only suppose to do 4 weeks. Why did I do it.? Good to me reason. When Dr Needleman had me lay back on his table July 17th and starts palpating my abdomen, he gets to the rights subcostal area and goes Hmmmn! Beware a doctor who goes Hmmn during an. exam. It is gentle medicalese for WTG going on here?
He looks up and says " You will be going on my liver-shrink diet, won't you?" Now I am a Medical geek, I could hear the unspoken , I have NASH and he can feel a liver margin below my ribs, I do not want him canceling my surgery! So I rationalize, 1 week, minimum 2 weeks better,3 weeks better, 4 weeks that's very fine So gave myself all the time from August 1st on, read literature, for every week your liver will shrink 2.5%. I am going to have a bright sparkling liver or else. Lost 15 pounds, me with the metabolism of a sick slug on depressants, so it can be done. No nausea, no pain perceived, did wonderful in hospital Am I sorry,No No 1000times No Making👑 Precious Pouch behave, now that is ANOTHER topic But it will be okay when she settles into tranquility. And she shall, whether She plans it or not., ✊😛

I love reading you guys posts! When I get to worrying about the particulars of surgery, I just do a search and find what you all experienced/experiencing... which is a great help. My Bypass surgery date is Oct 15th... my doctor's nurse told me I only have to do 7 day liquid diet, but i think i may try to start a little early.. I go to my Pre-Op testing and Dietician class on Oct 2nd then will see my surgeon on Oct 3rd...
Best of luck to all of you! [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

@Irish Gal it is almost time, isn't it? Do you feel ready? 😐🍀😐

Relax you will be fine. Remember to sip, I firmly believe the more Fluid in, the quicker you heal, if they instruct you to walk, do it. It will get rid of any left over gas, and it will keep from stiffening up and feeling sorry for your self. My recovery has been atypical to what you read but no less valid. Nobody is the same go8ng in so it stands to reason we recovery different. I saw my surgeon 6 days afterward, was sheduled to see him again September 18th, saw Nurse-practioner and dietician( just in passing) not scheduled to see surgeon again until October 9th. Maybe running a little putt party, but I am 48 miles from there and feeling neglected. Could have used a little reassurance what I am feeling is usual but,i don't fit the neat boxes everyone else,talks about. But I'm sure you will do f8ne.

Congratulations @jlh2350. I'll get my surgery date tomorrow!! Praying for a October date

1 hour ago, Jlh2350 said:

Scheduled for 10/17!

Heyyy! We're bypass buddies! I'm scheduled for the 17th October too! 13 days to go!!! Woot woot! 🎉🎉

OCTOBER 19TH!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED