Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m scheduled for bypass on Oct 8. I have had a previous surgery. (Lapband). I did the 2 week diet then before and after surgery. Slow progression to mushy foods. Followed it to the T. It was not easy...I can say the food funerals yep we held them before the two weeks nearly every day but you know what the truth is you are going to eat those foods again.
Hopefully in a good and balanced way thinking of all your hard work and surgery before taking the bite right?
Band didn’t work well for me, as vigilant as I was my body rejected it and it had to come out before it did any serious irreversible damage.
I’m ready for this next step...easing into the diet by eliminating one meal a week and replacing with a shake. This week I am up to Breakfast and lunch 2 Snacks of yogurt/pudding eating only a small dinner. Monday should be all liquids....easier at work all day home and the weekends are my challenge.
One big incentive is my sons engagement party is the Sat before surgery...preop weight loss means a nice dress for Mamma 😉

My gastric bypass is set for 10/8. Started pre-op diet yesterday. Woke up today w/ a headache but other than that, it's not awful. A little nervous about the actual procedure and post-op stuff but I'm confident that I'll get thru...My biggest concern is the post-op depression that I've read about on this forum. TBH, that scares me a lot.

My gastric bypass is set for 10/8. Started pre-op diet yesterday. Woke up today w/ a Headache but other than that, it's not awful. A little nervous about the actual procedure and post-op stuff but I'm confident that I'll get thru...My biggest concern is the post-op depression that I've read about on this forum. TBH, that scares me a lot.
Hi. I'm on the 7th day of my 2 week preop liquid diet (surgery Oct. 3rd). The worse part is the headaches. After a few days the hunger goes away. Keep hydrated. Btw, I'm worried about the depression too. I've lost 10 lbs in 1 week on this diet. I'm hoping that after surgery the weight loss keeps me motivated and hopefully helps with that depression. I hope neither one of us experiences that. Good luck with everything.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Day 2 of liquid diet and it’s a struggle. I want to bite something savory. Sick of the sweet vanilla chocolate of it all.

Day 2 of liquid diet and it’s a struggle. I want to bite something savory. Sick of the sweet vanilla chocolate of it all.
Are you allowed to have broth? I suggest you make your own and then strain it. Store bought ones are not as good as home made ones. Also, I don't know if you're having this issue but I kept craving stuff when I saw others eating it. I don't eat while others are eating. It sounds lonely but it has helped keep me on track. Good luck :)

You are doing the right thing. A new life awaits you! You will do great! I'll be right behind you. My surgery is on th 16th.

Congratulations my bypass is 10/15 I’m excited and best of luck to you

Hi everyone! I have bypass scheduled for Oct 8th. I started the preop diet 2 days early because I had a couple days eating my favorite (chicken wings [emoji39]). I didn't do any major damage, but I know I have imperfect eating habits so I'm trying to do the best I can. Plus my surgeons group threatens to cancel surgeries the day of if not enough weight is lost on the preop diet. I've lost 9.5lbs since Friday. I get 3 shakes a day and 2 small low calorie Snacks like a cup of broth or a cheese stick. I'm struggling but I just keep telling myself I've come too far and have spent to much money to go back now! We can do this!

Hi everyone! I have bypass scheduled for Oct 8th. I started the preop diet 2 days early because I had a couple days eating my favorite food (chicken wings [emoji39]). I didn't do any major damage, but I know I have imperfect eating habits so I'm trying to do the best I can. I've lost 9.5lbs so far since Saturday. I get 3 shakes a day and 2 small low calorie Snacks like a cup or broth or a cheese stick. I'm struggling but I just keep telling myself I've come too far and have spent to much money to go back now! We can do this!

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi. Hang in there. You're doing great so far. I lost 10.8 lbs the first week. Today my second week starts. It gets easier. You got this!

You all are doing awesome. I’m pretty good during the day...at night just a little tougher. The worst is knowing I “can” eat and shouldn’t. Nothing stoping me right now...and yes it’s so much harder when people eat around me. Right now my seat mate at work is eating a quesadilla and the smell of the onion and chicken is making me crazy!! Yougurt cup and water...yeah not enough to combat the hangry self right now. If only she wasn’t eating at the desk!! 

I stay here so I don’t have to smell the cafe food. Grrrr

We got this guys! One hour at a time sometimes! Hubby and I have been trying to keep busy on my days off to keep food off my mind. It's getting easier, but i definitely have an easier time at work than at home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am scheduled for 10/29

I am starting liquids around 10/14

pre op appointment will be 10/23

I am really excited but also kind of nervous.

1 minute ago, kiwiangel23 said:

Mine is on the 25 of October

Awesome- so you are going in just a day or so before I do.

I will be doing my pre op appointment on the 23rd just a few days ahead of your surgery.

Then 29th.

SO are you already doing liquids then or starting right around the first of the month.

Ive read a few people say they started early to drop a few extra pounds before their actual surgery day?

And all of us September Songs will be,happy to Welcome You All to Bypass Junction!