Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision from sleeve to Bypass Sept. 4th

As you slowly eat more than you're supposed to then your stomach will stretch. You know for every action there is a reaction. I suggest therapy to address any underlining issues. Also implement the pouch reset. Maybe dial it back a little on your workouts. I can't express how important it is for you to get ahead of this so you do not gain weight. You can do this! Keep me posted

Look on the websites of therapists in your area and often they will have listed their specialities and experiences. If you can't find someone who understands bariatrics look for someone with experience with food issues, disordered eating or whatever seems to reasonate with you. If you don't feel like it is helping don't be afraid to switch until you find someone who is really helping

7 minutes ago, music maker said:

Yes, that is a great idea. Now, how to find a therapist is big question. Do you know where I can start? Thank you!!!

Sent from my Z971 using BariatricPal mobile app

I would contact your bariatric team and see if they have recommendations for local therapists that are familiar with disordered eating.

As you slowly eat more than you're supposed to then your stomach will stretch. You know for every action there is a reaction. I suggest therapy to address any underlining issues. Also implement the pouch reset. Maybe dial it back a little on your workouts. I can't express how important it is for you to get ahead of this so you do not gain weight. You can do this! Keep me posted
I will definitely keep you posted. Thank you.

Look on the websites of therapists in your area and often they will have listed their specialities and experiences. If you can't find someone who understands bariatrics look for someone with experience with food issues, disordered eating or whatever seems to reasonate with you. If you don't feel like it is helping don't be afraid to switch until you find someone who is really helping
Okay. I will do that. Thank you.

4 hours ago, I'mblessed said:

I would look up pouch reset. That's what the 1st surgeon suggested I do when I stalled or started to gain weight. Are you working out? When I worked out I was always starving.

That is a fad diet. It is a myth that you can “reset your pouch.” It was invented by someone selling products on the Internet and is not based on science. You need to go back to basics which are eat dense Protein first, followed by non-starchy vegetables, weigh and track your food, don’t drink alcohol or soda, cut out simple carbs & processed food, don’t drink during and after meals, limit snacking, and go to therapy if you’re struggling with emotional and/or binge eating.

As well, if you’re gaining or maintaining, instead of losing weight, you’re consuming too many calories. As you lose weight, your body requires less calories to subsist.

Edited by MarinaGirl

That is a fad diet. It is a myth that you can “reset your pouch.” It was invented by someone selling products on the Internet and is not based on science. You need to go back to basics which are eat dense Protein first, followed by non-starchy vegetables, weigh and track your food, don’t drink alcohol or soda, cut out simple carbs & processed food, don’t drink during and after meals, limit snacking, and go to therapy if you’re struggling with emotional and/or binge eating.
As well, if you’re gaining or maintaining, instead of losing weight, you’re consuming too many calories. As you lose weight, your body requires less calories to subsist.
Thank you. This sounds like the correct way of eating. It is what my doctor recommended. I will definitely do this.

Can I get my pouch (sleeve) back to it's smaller size again?

I am looking into a bariatric surgery group near me. Let's hope they can help get me back on track. Ultimately, it's up to me. It was just so easy at first I thought that's what I'd have forever...

Will my pouch (sleeve) ever be the smaller size it was when I had surgery? Or will I struggle with the compulsive eating? Being able to eat much more than the sleeve pouch should hold...

I would suggest some therapy with a therapist who has experience in disordered eating. YES, you can get back on track. Sometimes is triggering you to feel out of control around food. Address it NOW before it gets worse. Get back to basics ... you have the tool, now to adjust your mindsest back to where it was when you were on your game. You can do this.
Thank you. I believe you are correct. If I buckle down I can regain my composure over FOOD... It is not as important as I try to make it out to be. Because of your post I have gotten a food journal, logging everything. Stats, Protein, calories, exercise, water...so I am accountable now. But still feel the urge to benge. I don't feel so much the need to binge on the good food but more so feel I must over eat on the junk...I just can't have that food around me.

4 hours ago, music maker said:

Thank you. I believe you are correct. If I buckle down I can regain my composure over FOOD... It is not as important as I try to make it out to be. Because of your post I have gotten a food journal, logging everything. Stats, Protein, calories, exercise, water...so I am accountable now. But still feel the urge to benge. I don't feel so much the need to binge on the good food but more so feel I must over eat on the junk...I just can't have that food around me.

this implies it is more of a mindset. There are some good workbooks on this or social media private groups or therapist experienced with helping you work through these issues.

Many of us thought that honeymoon stage would last forever but even in the honeymoon stage we can struggle with the mindset and if we don't master it or find skills that work for us for our weak areas we will regain. I only know this from watching people years out who never met their goals or who met goal and regained some or all of their weight. It wasn't that the tool failed. (Do we blame the hammer if it misses the nail for example?) It is not too late to learn the skills you need. Only a swallow study test will show the condition of your tool but if you go back to the basics it will help you greatly both physically and emotionally, whether your tool is in the state it should be or could use a revision. FWIW though, they have done studies that prove scientifically that it is not the size of the sleeve or the pouch that determines weight loss success which I found pretty interesting

Edited by newdaydawning