Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another endoscopy???

I had bypass surgery July 19th and I have not been able to eat solid foods. My surgeon suggested I should be eating soft fish and even chicken by now. But I have tried several times and no matter how slow I eat I get the foamies and get a sick feeling. He has now recommended that I do another endoscopy said maybe by throat is too small. Idk what to think....how much and what are you guys eating 5 weeks out??

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! I was still on mostly purée. chicken can still be hard. I was allowed tiny bits of soft flaky fish. Like see bass or crab..... my dr was like liquids for a month: puréed for month 2: soft food month 3. Then tiny tiny bits for month 4. Can take 6 months for tummy to heal completely.

Wow! I was still on mostly purée. chicken can still be hard. I was allowed tiny bits of soft flaky fish. Like see bass or crab..... my dr was like liquids for a month: puréed for month 2: soft food month 3. Then tiny tiny bits for month 4. Can take 6 months for tummy to heal completely.
I think that maybe the average patient would be able to tollarate more. But my body is not ready for regular food ...not at all

I wish I was there Lillybilly I would give you a big hug! If you need an endoscopy do it,it may really be of help, praying it is something easy to fix.

I wish I was there Lillybilly I would give you a big hug! If you need an endoscopy do it,it may really be of help, praying it is something easy to fix.
Yeah ..I will see my GP soon and go from there. Did you have sleeve or bypass and what was your experience??

Ah Lillybilly I haven't had it yet but soon . A week from tomorrow on September 5th I will have a RNY Bypass at 7 Am at Ohio State University Hospital in Columbus Ohio . After over 3 years of trying it finally is going to happen, I am so very happy about it. No fears, no sorrows, no tears, I face with peace in my heart. It truly,is the right thing, it is the culmination of much struggle to reach this point. But please be happy for me, my friend.

I am very happy for you and I understand your feelings right in this moment. I wish you the very best and hope that you continue to share your experiences. It is true that everyone's journey is very unique to them.

Thank you Lillybilly I am always HAPPY to hear from you.

On 8/28/2018 at 4:15 PM, lilybilly said:

I had bypass surgery July 19th and I have not been able to eat solid foods. My surgeon suggested I should be eating soft fish and even chicken by now. But I have tried several times and no matter how slow I eat I get the foamies and get a sick feeling. He has now recommended that I do another endoscopy said maybe by throat is too small. Idk what to think....how much and what are you guys eating 5 weeks out??

At 5 weeks I was on soft solids, so no chicken yet unless it was pureed. It's possible you've got a esophageal stricture and having that checked isn't a bad idea.

If your surgeon has recommended you get another endoscopy then I think that’s what you should do and is a great thing. It’s important that your MDs have the best data to diagnose your issue(s) quickly and accurately. Good luck!

I'm 14 years out from gastric bypass surgery (RNY) and still get nauseated when I eat meat and many other things that I won't bore you with. I still have a Protein Drink every single day to compensate for the loss of Protein from meat products. A young woman stopped by my house the other day asking for advice. She was six months out from surgery and still experiencing nausea with most foods, especially meat.

Why would your doctor think your throat had suddenly gotten too small when you have been eating all your life prior to surgery without this issue? I don't think so.

My son had this surgery and he doesn't have any problems at all. Yet I have a lot of nausea, reactive hypoglycemia, trouble with low Iron and a couple of other things. Each of us is different. Most doctors don't seem to know that!!

Give it time. Take it slow. Very slow.

How are you getting along @ Big Irish5300? I am preparing for my Third endoscopy after my September 5th bypass surgeryn always nice to more people sharing this problem÷