Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody's doctor say the Patches were okay to use. How'd your blood work come back? My doctor said no. Not because he believes they don't work but more so they aren't as tried and tested I guess. There's more certainty that I'll get the Vitamins I need by taking them orally. However, there's so many of them. Not to mention I have other meds that I take that can't be taken with the vitamins. It's a struggle to space everything out and to fit everything in. I'm considering going rogue and trying the patches anyway and then just have my primary check my levels after a few weeks.

I'd appreciate hearing some patch experiences good or bad.

Seems like very,few do approve but the few that ate,like the convenience. I,would worry if I was,getti,gthe full dose,i would,need.

My surgeon and PCP said NO to the Patches. I’m following their direction because I don’t want to become deficient in any Vitamins as trying to raise values can be very difficult.

My nutrition is said no but Dr said it is fine for anything outside of the basic multivitamin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

On 8/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, shortmocha said:

Anybody's doctor say the Patches were okay to use. How'd your blood work come back? My doctor said no. Not because he believes they don't work but more so they aren't as tried and tested I guess. There's more certainty that I'll get the Vitamins I need by taking them orally. However, there's so many of them. Not to mention I have other meds that I take that can't be taken with the Vitamins. It's a struggle to space everything out and to fit everything in. I'm considering going rogue and trying the Patches anyway and then just have my primary check my levels after a few weeks.

I'd appreciate hearing some patch experiences good or bad.

I was approved by my surgeon, head nurse, head pharmacist and my nutritionist to try them out. I'm coming up on my 6 month labs so I'll have more information about longer term usage then. But my 3 month labs were all within normal ranges expect for my Vitamin D, but I live in New England and I work IT... so my Vitamin D intake is nill to begin with. But every other tested level was within normal ranges.

On 8/31/2018 at 6:41 AM, Matt Z said:

I was approved by my surgeon, head nurse, head pharmacist and my nutritionist to try them out. I'm coming up on my 6 month labs so I'll have more information about longer term usage then. But my 3 month labs were all within normal ranges expect for my Vitamin D, but I live in New England and I work IT... so my Vitamin D intake is nill to begin with. But every other tested level was within normal ranges.

I think it is very misleading for you to state your labs were in normal range, and to then conclude that the Patches are working. On other threads I pointed out that your labs didn't test for most Vitamin and mineral levels. And that 3 or even 6 month labs are not conclusive in any way, as our body has the ability to store many Vitamins and minerals both short and long term.

On 9/3/2018 at 3:20 PM, sillykitty said:

I think it is very misleading for you to state your labs were in normal range, and to then conclude that the Patches are working. On other threads I pointed out that your labs didn't test for most Vitamin and mineral levels. And that 3 or even 6 month labs are not conclusive in any way, as our body has the ability to store many Vitamins and minerals both short and long term.

No offense, but I'm going to follow the advice and instructions provided to me by surgeon and other medical professionals.

And my 6 month labs showed within normal ranges again, my Vitamin D is back to normal levels, which you stated was impossible to see in such a short time, yet... my D went from being low, to being smack in the middle of the normal range. There were other level increases as well.

So, for those that are interested and following, my 6 month labs all came back normal.

I love the idea of the patches! Swallowing pills can be hard for some people, Drs seem to be really divided on them, glad to follow someone using them! Keep us posted Matt Z!

Matt, I've never discouraged you from using the Patches. You are confident in them, and that's fine.

I just take issue with you touting them as working because of your test results. I feel that is very misleading. As I have said in the links above, your labs do not test for all, or even most of the supplements in the patch. Many of the ones that were tested for, the body has the ability to store.

I never said it was "impossible" for your Vitamin D levels to improve. Higher vitamin D levels does not in any way prove the patch is working. Especially considering this blood test was done near the end of summer and our body generates vitamin D from sunlight.

Just now, sillykitty said:

Matt, I've never discouraged you from using the Patches. You are confident in them, and that's fine.

I just take issue with you touting them as working because of your test results. I feel that is very misleading. As I have said in the links above, your labs do not test for all, or even most of the supplements in the patch. Many of the ones that were tested for, the body has the ability to store.

I never said it was "impossible" for your Vitamin D levels to improve. Higher Vitamin D levels does not in any way prove the patch is working. Especially considering this blood test was done near the end of summer and our body generates Vitamin D from sunlight.

As I've stated. When all the medical professionals are telling me that they are working and my levels are good because of what I'm using, that's what I'm going to go with. Your personal feelings about the subject aside... my test results are showing they are working, not sure why you feel me telling folks the truth of what I'm personally dealing with is "misleading". I've never said they work when they aren't, I never misrepresented any of what I'm posting. Everything I'm posting is exactly what I'm doing, dealing with and what's being reported to me by several medical professionals. If I had any reason to believe otherwise, you can bet that I'd be skeptical. And I was skeptical going into the patches... but 6 months post op, 7 months from starting the Patches, and not having any additional Vitamin supplementation happening before my revision... not sure why you refuse to believe the truth of my situation.

I'm going to test the Patches for 6 months and see. Mostly I want to see...