Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Female Facial Hair - IS THIS EVER GOING TO END? :(

Finally, a topic near and dear to my heart. I'm a neurotic femme (cis female) who doesn't want facial hair at all. I have snow white skin and thick dark brown hair and I have been fighting this fight since I first had a job to pay for solutions.

This is the regimen that works for me.

Electrolysis with someone I trust.

I got a little emotional lift out of it like a tattoo. You DO NOT have to grow out the hair. You shave before you come in. It takes a bit to fall out, and you can remove it then too.

10 or so treatments on my face. Sideburns are gone but the white hairs need to be plucked.

6 treatments on my pits and it's gone.

6 on my bikini line and gone.

6 on my underarms and I pluck a hair once every few months.

I've had 4 treatments on my full legs. I will need more. I rarely shave ever. Heaven

Shaving

I shave my upper lip and jaw line once a week. Very feminine, I know. I use a Venus Razor and Aveeno shaving cream after exfoliating. I like to wash my face with the Clarisonic brush to lift the hairs first.

Plucking

Plucking your face is risky, you can get a big gouge with pointy tweezers. What feels like a lot of hair on my fingers is usually just one hair. I prefer Rubis Perforated Stainless Steel Tweezer #135, available on Amazon.

___

Since I'm not spending time shaving, except my face once a week, this seems easy to me. Did it hurt? Yes. I take a painkiller before lasering. It also helps to have a relationship with a place you trust and you can get package deals. Most will negotiate.

Other Methods

Electrolysis

What is this jive? I probably had 20 treatments on my face with lots of different people, but because I pluck, it will never really work. I think it's on the outs and for me, laser was a night and day difference.

Waxing

I don't have experience with it.

So yeah, I hate the hair, I pay out the b*tt to remove it, but I am happy with my routine.

Edited by JessLess

Any ideas on laser cost? It's a decently sized area on my face...Most of it now, ugh! Also, how much pain/healing is associated with it? I tried the electrolysis once, problem wasn't the pain but the cost, time and the healing afterwards. The hairs are highly visible on my face for the most part, but it's literally hair by hair. We did small Patches all over my face and the next day I looked like a teenager with the worst case of acne ever! It took about a month before my skin returned to normal and I was told by the lady that did it, it would take treating every single hair at least twice sometimes 3-4 times before the hair follicle was completely dead. In the hour we did the first treatment, we no where near touched the tip of the iceberg. This would have literally been months and months of treatments and healing cycles and way more money than I had to invest! I sort of gave up looking into these types of treatments, feeling like if electrolysis didn't work, laser probably wouldn't either. If you all say it works, I'm willing to reconsider!!
Laser did not work at all for me, cost a ton, and hurt like hell, then took a month for the bumps and scabs to go away.

Sent from my VS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

Now,i was told when I was younger only sexy women have a mini mustache and chin fuzz. Of course the guy who told me this had a full beard so he might have been biased a little😎

5 hours ago, crystalml said:

Laser did not work at all for me, cost a ton, and hurt like hell, then took a month for the bumps and scabs to go away.

Sent from my VS988 using BariatricPal mobile app

That's too bad. I would guess the type of laser, skill of esthetician, and your skin type and skin and hair color all play a role. It don't it hurt me except during the process and the machine blows cold air on your skin to balance it off. My friend also found it too painful to continue.

I have had facial hair forever and was tested for PCOS (negative) and was told it was hormonal and permanent once it was there it is there forever. A year ago I started going to a dermatologist to laser this stuff off. I had previously had it lasered at a salon and that did NOTHING. I have definitely had thinning of the facial hair with the dermatologist, however, now some of the hair has gone from black to white. White hairs are not affected by the laser so they will be there forever. Sad me! My lip is much better but not perfect, chin and some on the neck. I get charged $100 about every 6 - 8 weeks. I decided I needed to do that for me long before I made the decision for surgery. I am worth it.

You are not alone, I have to shave my mustache once a week. Mine was worse though before I got closer to my goal weight. My doctor thought I had pcos too. Once I got down to about 240 my period became regular and my unwanted hairs on my face have gotten thinner and less fast growing. It’ll get better :) and if it doesn’t that’s okay, you are not the only lovely lady with some unwanted hair :)

And how are all my Furry Faced Friends Doing?