Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What they won’t tell you after gbp

I take back what I said about not having any enoxaparin shots after my bypass. I had one in the hospital, and none after I was discharged (the next day).

Edited by Missouri-Lee's Summit

On 08/25/2018 at 06:35, E.S said:

Hello everybody

Today I want to talk about 2 subjects that I haven’t heard anything about before my surgery.

Which I discovered after the surgery.

The first thing I wasn’t told anything about was how bad you would smell after the surgery.

Not immediately after surgery but when you go back home and you’re around your 4th day post, the putrid smell that comes from your sweat is something you have to get used to.

Like I can smell the Vitamins that I take and also the food that I consume.

Before the surgery I would sweat a lot as well because obvious reasons of being morbidly obese. But now it’s a different kind of smell that’s more stronger. I didn’t know this would be a side effect.

I know that when you pass gas it would be putrid as well , same as when you do the number 2. But the smell of the sweat is something else y’all. M

Injections against blood clots.

After your surgery you have to inject yourself with medicine against blood clots in order to avoid strokes etc because you don’t move around as much anymore.

But nobody told me how my legs would look like while using it.

My legs are looking beat up.

After you inject the medicine into your legs, you r not allowed to rub it, otherwise you’ll get bruises. But you can’t help your clothes from not rubbing against your skin so I got bruises all over and it looks horrible. So if you’re used to wearing shorts, just remember that .

I have to take each every day for a 1 month or so and my legs are just.... yeah.. it’s not pretty.

I’m 11 days post op and still going strong 💪🏻

Thank you guys for listening

Xoxo

I didn’t go through a smelly phase at all after bypass. My surgeon made me wait 3 weeks before taking Vitamins but I never had a smell and no one turned their noses and spoke of a smell, lol. And I had to do the lovenox injections for a week. I did them in my stomach though, not my thighs. Good luck with everything!

On 08/25/2018 at 08:12, KimTriesRNY said:

I didn’t have to do injections.

This seems dependent on the surgeon.

My surgeon made me do them because I had the Nexplanon birth control at the time. If you’re on a birth control or any kind of hormones or aren’t very mobile they want you to do the shots. Well where I am that’s the case anyway

I received blood thinner medication through my i.v site but other than that I did not receive injections etc.

I have a News Flash
Big Girls.💦 Do,Cry
Little Pouches😧 do Puke

How are you doing, Frust8?

I have to do Fragmin shots into my belly for 21days post op. It's not sore, just mentally hate injections so can't wait for this part to be over (4days post op, so still a way to go)

Smell wise I haven't noticed anything however my gas is frequent and stinky!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using BariatricPal mobile app

My first time, getting a plication, I only got the shots in hospital and they stuck me in the belly. I didn’t have to continue when I came home.

I got the shots while in the hospital- but didn’t have to do them after that. My surgery buddy who is 20 years older than me ask only received them in the hospital.

The bruises from the shots were a bit nuts! My surgery buddy is much fairer skinned than me and their poor belly was a rainbow of blues, reds, purples, and yellows from the shots!

Okay- so the bruises look bad, but the shots themselves weren’t that bad. I was sore enough from the surgery that I barely noticed them doing the shots!

Now for smells- I haven’t noticed any body smells, but I do have stank breath. I still have this close to three months out. I think it’s all the Protein. I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in my cubicle at work to try and combat it, because I’m horrified by the thought of other people noticing my stank breath!

What won't they tell you after,gastric bypass surgery? Very few will say they regret it and prefer to be fat! I am approach8ng a 30 pound loss since the end of July. I never want to see that weight again and I will be doing my best to keep it permanently,gone!

And now it's in the range of 40 pounds gone, but don't do it my way, I would much rather be on foods than have a stricture that keeps you on liquids. 6 weeks today, my diet has only slightly advanced since I came home. And nobody talked that much about strictures, I started out So good and smooth and this happened. And now I am waiting for the 26th when Dr Noria will try again to dialate me. Maybe the second attempt will work in my favor.

2nd time no success, 3rd time a little more but not fixed yet, November 24rd or thereabouts here I come! Dr Noria must 💕💓💕me, started calling me by name, not Patient#. That surgeon LOVES do endoscopy!