Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I had surgery last week Thursday, I’m not even a week yet and I feel hungry, or is it a mental thing? I hear so many stories how people didn’t want to eat or drink . Or the didn’t even think of food . Yet I’m hungry, I’m doing okay with liquids expect Water hurts? How is it that I can drink apple juice or a Protein Drink and be okay but as soon as I drink some water my chests hurts. Also this gas is killing me , any suggestions? Did anyone go home with their JP drain? I did and it hurts !

It's more head hunger than anything. When I was at your stage, I felt like I was drowning in hunger. Then, all of a sudden, one day I didn't feel hungry anymore. Your day is coming soon, I bet! Good luck. You are not alone.

One of the major myths or mis-understandings out there. Most folks either never lose or get their hunger sensations back at some point within the first year. Some folks get lucky and don't ever get hungry again, but they are the exception. You'll get more satiety once you move over to solid foods. Just stick with it!

I had my surgery 2 days ago and I'm hungry. I'm sure it is mental but mentally I want to eat like my old self. Physically, I can barely get my Water down. So much gurgling going on. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Danny06 said:

Why is that Water hurts so much ?

Idk but I am having the same issue. It just feels like pressure in my chest when I drink my Water

I'm 9 days out and I hear you about the Water. I barely drank water for the first week, it hurt going down. Powerade Zero is my new favorite beverage. I got tired of super-sweet crystal light.

I don't really feel that hungry so much as I miss eating I think. I do find myself watching lots of cooking videos and looking at restaurant yelp pictures. I have a feeling you're experience the same "head hunger" type thing.

Edited by _Shane_

Omg I signed up for pinterest yesterday and I had been looking at instant puts last 3-4 months. Bought one yesterday with 30% coupon from kohl's

There’s always OA Overeaters Anonymous. I have been a member for about 18 months. I may have a smaller stomach, but that doesn’t mean my addiction won’t undermine my progress.

I still pine away for food, so I think it’s time to head back to the ‘rooms’.

On 8/23/2018 at 9:07 AM, AJP said:

Omg I signed up for pinterest yesterday and I had been looking at instant puts last 3-4 months. Bought one yesterday with 30% coupon from kohl's

Instant Pot?! I recently bought one too! Prior to surgery and pre-op diets, I made lots of recipes I found on youtube, like from the "pressure luck" channel.

I plan to use it to pressure/steam fish/vegetables and make healthy meals once I can eat solid foods again.

Thank God I'm not the only one! Not that I'd want anyone else to have this issue. It's just that I felt, "of course I'd be the only one!" lol I had surgery last Wednesday, with complications, came home Saturday. Woohoo! :-) And now I am starving! Jello hits like a rock! As does Water. So no help there. Hoping it will subside soon. :-)

Nikki - I had sleeve surgery last Wednesday (10/10) and came home Friday because I was vomiting so much. Once the nausea and heartburn subsided (Monday) I have been SOOOO hungry! I wondering if they didn’t take enough of my stomach! I’m looking forward to next week when I have my follow up appointment so I can talk to my doctor!