Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 11/13/2018 at 10:42, Matt Z said:

No worries! I knew going into this that I was looking at an uphill battle against everyone that was against the Patches for whatever reason. ***AND*** I went into this open minded, if they worked, they worked. If they didn't work, they didn't work. I did not start this little experiment biased one way or another. I read all the positives and negatives so I was aware, but I started this with zero expectations other than *something* would happen. I'm happy that my labs are all coming back good, I'll update anyone that wants to know when I get my 9 month labs done early / mid - December.

Please keep me updated! Thank you!

2 hours ago, Matt Z said:

I just slap my Patches on in the morning and just forget them.

I take my Vitamins and then forget about them, too. No patch(es? How many?) on the skin for 24 h. However, if you don't mind having a patch on the skin all the time... why not.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:25, summerset said:

I take my Vitamins and then forget about them, too. No patch(es? How many?) on the skin for 24 h. However, if you don't mind having a patch on the skin all the time... why not.

They only have to be worn for 8 hrs so I put one on when I go to bed and take them off in the morning. I find I have to think about the pills all day as you can’t take Iron with Calcium and calcium usually have to take at least twice a day or more.........

6 minutes ago, chattycat said:

They only have to be worn for 8 hrs.

Ah ok, I remember having to wear this thing all the time and the feeling of it being wet after showering on the skin was just *ew* somehow. I also had a skin reaction if I wore it in a place that was obviously the wrong one (not wrong according to the instructions but my skin didn't like some of the suggested places).

OMG Anita, you bring up a good point, I have latex allergies also, somebody snapped a pair,on the in my presence, eyes swelled shut and I started wheezing. BAD BAD MEMORY! And to think I was actively considering THEM.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:29, Anita watson said:

Does anyone have problems the Patches breaking them out? Im allergic to latex and lots of things irritate my skin. Just curious if this will be an issue with patches

Website says Latex free!

well goody gum drops for that!

I've done nicotine Patches before, these are much smaller are way more comfortable. I honestly don't even know I'm wearing mine. I do a multi and a Iron one because my iron was low at my 3 month checkup. My 6 month it was much higher and normal range. I hadn't started the patches at that point. My surgeon doesn't do a 9 month blood work up as we don't see him until our one year anniversary, but my regular doctor said she certainly would so I will feel comfortable knowing my levels.

I also live in New England and take extra Vitamin D, as well as extra B12. I actually take a few extra things because they help with depression, but I take them with all my nighttime meds. I did research, I knew that they were kind of controversial with some but I'm trying them out. We shall see.

My program doesn’t allow the patch’s. Your NUT can tell you exactly what to use. I buy the Chews at my doctors office. I was using a approved prenatal Vitamin , I had to switch because the Iron was way to much for me.

Update as promised. My 9 month labs are in. And everything (and I mean *EVERYTHING) is within normal ranges.

To recap
I'm using the Multivitamin, B12 and D3+Calcium Patches from PatchMD (Concerned though because now BariatricPal is changing to a new manufacturer for patches and the agent I talked to didn't seem to concerned that I didn't want to change to a new product with no reason, ESP given that this new company is brand new.)
I also take 1 sublingual B12 a week, 1 D2 a week. I take Biotin, pantoprazole and Fiber daily as well.

On 12/03/2018 at 08:46, Matt Z said:

Update as promised. My 9 month labs are in. And everything (and I mean *EVERYTHING) is within normal ranges.

To recap

I'm using the Multivitamin, B12 and D3+Calcium Patches from PatchMD (Concerned though because now BariatricPal is changing to a new manufacturer for Patches and the agent I talked to didn't seem to concerned that I didn't want to change to a new product with no reason, ESP given that this new company is brand new.)

I also take 1 sublingual B12 a week, 1 D2 a week. I take Biotin, pantoprazole and Fiber daily as well.

Great news on the Labs! My 6 month labs are coming up in January and hoping for the same!

Why is Bariatric Pal changing from Patch MD? I order mine thru patch MD website, they frequently have BOGO sales!

7 minutes ago, chattycat said:

Great news on the Labs! My 6 month labs are coming up in January and hoping for the same!

Why is Bariatric Pal changing from Patch MD? I order mine thru patch MD website, they frequently have BOGO sales!

No idea why they are dumping PatchMD for PatchAid. But, I'll just have to spend my money somewhere else. I was using points to help offset the cost, but... if they are moving to a new brand for no reason... I guess I'll have to move along as well.

Patches work for so many different things: painkillers, hormones etc, what is different about vitamin patches that would make them not work?

On 12/3/2018 at 12:40 PM, 2shea said:

Patches work for so many different things: painkillers, hormones etc, what is different about vitamin patches that would make them not work?

Because the FDA regulates the Patches you mentioned. Manufactures need to demonstrate their effectiveness.

supplements like vitamin patches are unregulated. So any claims can be made, without needing to be proven.

Some food for thought:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/wellness/can-vitamin-patches-help-you-gain-focus-lose-weight-or-sleep-experts-are-skeptical/2018/09/03/250cdc7c-aa36-11e8-b1da-ff7faa680710_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d33ecbea9101

https://www.atlantabariatrics.com/2018/04/vitamin-mineral-patches-effective-bariatric-surgery/

https://www.unjury.com/blog/serious-questions-patchmd-vitamin-supplement-claims