Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh @Michie_be_me, you have come so close and I am very proud for you! Celery is a negative calorie food so are mushrooms. Drink extra fluids, can you eat,sf hello? Don't chew it, it fools your tummy into thinking its getting food, Sf popsicles, do what you can . Don't give up, I need abrole model like you that sticks it out.
Don't cry your Day is almost here, you can do this for 36 hours more.

I struggled w/the liquid also. Its rough! The popsicles helped and also (I'm not sure this is allowed but...) I wanted the taste of something I knew I liked. I loved Campbell's Soup. So I ate (drank?) the liquid out of campbells soup and it was delicious!

Hope this helps but def ask your dr for more suggestions. I can only say this being through the hard part but it is so worth it. Hang in there :)

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:43 PM, Frustr8 said:

Oh @Michie_be_me, you have come so close and I am very proud for you! Celery is a negative calorie food so are mushrooms. Drink extra fluids, can you eat,sf hello? Don't chew it, it fools your tummy into thinking its getting food, Sf popsicles, do what you can . Don't give up, I need abrole model like you that sticks it out.
Don't cry your Day is almost here, you can do this for 36 hours more.

Thank you so much. Monday is it. I am hanging in there. Nerves are just starting to kick in. Most concerned about the pain and nausea. Thank you again. I will let you know how it went when I am able.

Hi All,

I am 4 days post op and I am finally feeling like I am not going to die. I have turned a corner and the pain is finally a bit more bearable. It was a hard road but I am doing it. I am about 18-20 pounds down from the beginning of preop. this is about 2 1/2 weeks. Thank you for getting me through. Not easy but glad it is done.

So happy that you have "turned the corner", hope,now your body continues to heal also and your days be sunny

And Happy Labor Day,to you Michie _be_me and I hope you continue to heal, day after day, until you feel bright and sunny!

Thank you Frustr8 so much for continuing to check in. Hope you had a great weekend also. Needed help with another problem or question. I am able to drink lots of liquid while sipping of course. I don't get a sense of feeling full. I am concerned the surgery is not going to work because I don't feel restricted. I here people cannot get their liquids in post op, however that does not seem to be an issue. I can drink all day wrong. Is something wrong with the procedure or sleeve. I am so scared I did this and it wont work now.

Thank you BostonWLKC. I needed to hear that.

Hi.

I am 5 days into my 2 week pre-op. It is a little harder then I thought it would be. I however feel like it is a mind thing. I similar to yourself am not quite the candidate do to weight, but also have uncontrolled diabetes, NASH, high cholesterol and now HB... so, I am doing this more for medical reasons, but could stand to loose the weight as well. My surgeon has me on a all liquid diet. I purchased the products from the office. It's a struggle that hopefully will pay off in the long run... Good luck with your Surgery and keep.us posted.

Edited by HopingHealthy19
Just realized this is late post

On 9/3/2018 at 9:38 PM, Michie_be_me said:

Thank you Frustr8 so much for continuing to check in. Hope you had a great weekend also. Needed help with another problem or question. I am able to drink lots of liquid while sipping of course. I don't get a sense of feeling full. I am concerned the surgery is not going to work because I don't feel restricted. I here people cannot get their liquids in post op, however that does not seem to be an issue. I can drink all day wrong. Is something wrong with the procedure or sleeve. I am so scared I did this and it wont work now.

Hi, I had the bypass but I have been able to drink fairly easily since the first day post op. I'm 4 weeks out now and can drink with no issues at all. But, I was able to have a bite of chicken today and even though I chewed it a thousand times, it hit me like a brick. I had to walk around, I was so uncomfortably full. Consider it a blessing that your liquids go down easy. Dehydration is the worst

12 hours ago, HopingHealthy19 said:

Hi.

I am 5 days into my 2 week pre-op. It is a little harder then I thought it would be. I however feel like it is a mind thing. I similar to yourself am not quite the candidate do to weight, but also have uncontrolled diabetes, NASH, high cholesterol and now HB... so, I am doing this more for medical reasons, but could stand to loose the weight as well. My surgeon has me on a all liquid diet. I purchased the products from the office. It's a struggle that hopefully will pay off in the long run... Good luck with your Surgery and keep.us posted.

thank you for sharing and good luck on your journey. May it be easy for you to get through.

And @ Michie_be_me, I did have,my surgery on September 5th , so I'm hour or so 5 days out.
And it's odd, portions of me don't feel a change, but I am going to be kind to Precious Pouch, was putting things away from Tomkitten' s dinner. Now once I gave word to myself I would never do this! He had salmon patties left over, I nibbled a corner off the smallest, said if I can chew this to gruel consistancy, maybe I can send this down to Precious? So I sat and chewed, then I remembered how hard I worked to keep Hector, my teeny little gastric ulcer to keep him asleep,before my surgery. . If I worked that hard for Hector surely I could give the same considerations to poor little 5 day old Precious Pouch, she's in there trying to heal her wounds, and,I'm going to send that hardish pieces down? So,i went over,spit out the d tiff into trash can and,then hid the evidence. So,i too can't escape the Nightime NoNo,skirmish.

And @ Michie_be_me, I did have,my surgery on September 5th , so I'm hour or so 5 days out.
And it's odd, portions of me don't feel a change, but I am going to be kind to Precious Pouch, was putting things away from Tomkitten' s dinner. Now once I gave word to myself I would never do this! He had salmon patties left over, I nibbled a corner off the smallest, said if I can chew this to gruel consistancy, maybe I can send this down to Precious? So I sat and chewed, then I remembered how hard I worked to keep Hector, my teeny little gastric ulcer to keep him asleep,before my surgery. . If I worked that hard for Hector surely I could give the same considerations to poor little 5 day old Precious Pouch, she's in there trying to heal her wounds, and,I'm going to send that hardish pieces down? So,i went over,spit out the d tiff into trash can and,then hid the evidence. So,i too can't escape the Nightime NoNo,skirmish.
Frustr8. This is louise. Im so glad you are past your surgery, congrats. I know you could do it. Its all a mater of will power combined with faith....stay strong

Thank You,My Palomabella.
oLd Thought for you this evening
MIND OVER MATTER
NO MIND
NO MATTER
Thanks for your friendship, I'll be here for you ALL THE WAY!