Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had to pull car over to vomit. Almost lost 50 lbs!

Well geez. I am 3 months post op and I had a convention and had to eat out. I tolerate soft meatballs so I decided to buy 2 tablespoons of soft beef stew for lunch. Oh boy that was a disaster. When I left the mall and was driving to my event I had to pull over twice to vomit. My gosh did I feel sick for about 3 hours. awful awful awful. I just don't understand why at this point I cannot seem to get meats down. Its protein! And low carb which is important to me as a diabetic.

Has this happened to anyone before? it was projectile vomiting UGH!I am getting ready to Celebrate loosing 50 lbs!! Its only 1 lbs away. I am SO thrilled. I am traveling for the first time since my surgery to my 25th college reunion. Really hoping that I will be able to get by being overseas and no access to my usual go to foods. Guess it will be Protein Drinks galore.

I remember feeling like I would fail at this but here I am getting ready to celebrate 50 lbs after 3 months. I can clearly see how loosing another 50 by the end of this year is possible and I am getting EXCITED!

I bought my first 'regular size' clothing 2 weeks ago. A regular size large. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh that felt GREAT! I have not been able to fit into anything but plus size clothing for about 6 years so I was real fussy :)

Congrats I hope for you a vomit free reaction to meats and I pray you have a ball at your reunion.

1 hour ago, Hemiboi said:

I cant eat dense meats without getting sick still. No steak or chicken breast and I'm 2 years out. I dont mind but it's weird...

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 years??!! wow...…….I would really be sad if I could not eat a good piece of roast lamb again. So I should not think its strange then. Sigh.

Congratulations on your weight loss thus far. I found that eating softer foods (such as chili and soups) went down much easier than harder foods such as (steak and chicken). As a result I relied on these. I have included a few recipes at the end of the following article. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery.pdf

I can just now at 10 months tolerate beef, and then only a really tender small piece, and salad just now stays down. Lettuce brought on the slimes so fast it was crazy.

I rely on chicken thighs, pork steak w a little fat free gravy, ground turkey, eggs, cheese, deli turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, fish. I upchucked if I ate too fast, or the meat was dry, or if I took one bite over. You learn to stop short of being full lol....

Bajan Sleeve, long time since I saw a posting , don't know how I missed your August posting, but 50 pounds is very respectful and in the 6 weeks since I would guess you have lost more. Still having difficulties moving to puree, but know after Friday I will have an answer why!

I am 2 month out and can pretty much tolerate anything. Had chicken, turkey, hamburger meat, though no steak yet.

Loving beef Jerky.

I have a hard time with most meats. I can tolerate meatballs in sauce, but that's about it - even deli meats sometimes hurt going down. I eat it anyway, though, because if I didn't I would only get Protein from cottage cheese, tuna, or shakes (i can tolerate things like greek yogurt, but I don't like the taste anymore). I don't throw it up or anything, but it makes me feel crummy and tired and my stomach hurts until it passes through. I also mostly get by on Soups. Sometimes shrimp is ok, and when my husband takes me to a steakhouse for dinner, he gets a steak with a lobster tail on the side and I eat that. bread and grains in all forms make me feel crummy, too. Overall, not much variety! I'm getting used to it, though.

Off-topic, but every time this thread shows up, I think to myself "that is a LOT of throwing up, I hope she's OK."

When I first saw the topic heading all I could think was" What a Meal THAT must have been !" But then my mind s logic Evan astounds me!

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, Frustr8 said:

Bajan Sleeve, long time since I saw a posting , don't know how I missed your August posting, but 50 pounds is very respectful and in the 6 weeks since I would guess you have lost more. Still having difficulties moving to puree, but know after Friday I will have an answer why!

Hiya my friend :) I have not been progressing well with weight loss. Quite simply I have not been disciplined. I have hovered over gaining 5 lbs, loosing 6 lbs then gaining all within a particular bracket. As at today I have lost 48 lbs. Which is not a good report at almost going into 6 months.

SO today I went to the gym which my best friend bought me a one month membership. Things are very tight financially so I was glad for this gift. I worked out hard and I am going to use this one month to kick this weight loss up another notch.

Now that I can eat more, it requires more self discipline. The honeymoon is over just relying on severe stomach restriction will not get me into the next level. The lifestyle of making good choices to achieve weight loss is now a greater reality. I will not let all this money go to waste!

Edited by BajanSleeve

So Bajan Sleeve, another month has passed, what is changing for you?

I still have trouble tolerating meat. Beef is especially hard and chicken. For some reason shrimp sits well. Anything denser and I can only tolerate a couple bites. I'm seven years post surgery.

Love this threads title, don't You? I'll go borrow someone's 🚗 car, just to open the door, and vomit out of it, especially for a 50 pound loss. That would put me down to 225, a good start towards 175 and then I could leasurely lose the rest. Remember the outside 🌏 thinks surgery is a quick, easy and smoith way,to,peel off pounds and kilograms. Boy could we straighten out those folks my friends!🚶🏃🚶