Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayer! If you do not believe in prayer, do not click on this post..

08/27/2018 07:53 PM, kygirl68 said:

Just STOP antagonizing and trying to cause disruption...THAT IS ALL YOU ARE DOING AND THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR IT! Seriously...

No, telling us that we’re going to be judged for our bad wrongness because we have different beliefs should not be happening on this forum. As an agnostic I fully agree with side eye’s eloquent and patient explanations of why statements like that are exclusionary and unkind to those who do not share the same faith.

1 minute ago, AEdoesRnY said:
6 minutes ago, kygirl68 said:

Just STOP antagonizing and trying to cause disruption...THAT IS ALL YOU ARE DOING AND THERE IS NO GOOD REASON FOR IT! Seriously...

No, telling us that we’re going to be judged for our bad wrongness because we have different beliefs should not be happening on this forum. As an agnostic I fully agree with side eye’s eloquent and patient explanations of why statements like that are exclusionary and unkind to those who do not share the same faith.

GET OFF THIS THREAD THEN! THE ONLY REASON YOU TWO ARE ON HERE IS TO PURPOSELY CAUSE A RUCKUS...GO TO A THREAD THAT PERTAINS TO YOU! GEEZ...I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS OUT OF SO CALLED ADULTS...

I’m not trying to cause a ruckus, I have not posted anything on this thread until now. I am sincerely happy that so many people have found support in this thread through prayer and a prayerful community.

I just wish it could happen without starting to cast judgements on those of other faiths, since this is a public and non-religious forum.

2 hours ago, sideeye said:

I would genuinely hope that any God is not concerning themselves with judging the rezoning of message board threads. Also, do you not get that saying something like that to an avowed atheist comes across as just weird and unfriendly? Or is this just the internet evangelist version of a southern "bless your heart"?

Look, I was asked a question on this site, and the question was are you a real preacher? And when I answered the question and stated my beliefs, I was told by someone on this site that they did not believe in these fairytales.

I did not call anyone an atheist, I said that some say they are atheist, and like I said no doubt some are truthful about it. And what I said concerning them I will not withdrawal one word, I will continue to stand on God's word concerning such matters no matter how much you try to persecute me or the God that I serve.

You know what I think is very ironic? I think that it's very ironic that people who don't believe in the God that I believe in fight so hard against someone they don't believe in.

Why are you so afraid and fight so hard against Him if you don't even believe He exist? you can't deny this or you wouldn't keep coming back here with the comments that you're making.

What ever, or whoever you believe in is no threat to me, so I wouldn't comment about it if you did post about it, because I'm not afraid of anything or anyone that I don't believe in.

This whole thing is really no surprise to me at all, it's people like you that really strengthens my faith more and more in the God I serve, because I figure that if so many fight so hard against Him even when they say they don't believe in Him, then to me He is a mighty powerful God who is more worthy of my praise and servitude.

This trend being moved to something that is called the lounge is no surprise, everyone tries to shove God on the back burner in the day and time which we live, but God declares in his word, that heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall never fail.

Moving this trend that gave so many people comfort and peace in their life when they needed it the most to something that is called the lounge in my opinion is disgraceful.

Even after so many has fought to keep it the way it was, it is still here, majority means nothing anymore, the realization is there's always going to be a small majority of naysayers, so what do we do? Neglect all those of the majority to satisfy a couple people.

No one can say that this trend didn't have anything to do with weight loss, it's whole focus was centered around people on the journey of weight loss and surgery.

I think I have hit the nail on the head, and said all that can be said, therefore I will not reply to any more of your post no matter what you write, so go ahead, make another comment on what I've said and prove me right.

I realize that I may be banned from this whole site, but so be it if that's what happens, I think it's time that someone takes a stand for what's right, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

God knew exactly what He was saying, when He said there'd be a day when people would call good evil and evil good.

His word regarding this has surely come to past.

As the Bible says, I will not even bid you Godspeed.

The Preacher !

I don't see why people feel the need to try to engage others they obviously disagree with and whose minds aren't going to be changed. No need for spouts of "final judgement" and "gleeful fanfiction of supernatural comeuppance" and "fairy tales." No one's mind is going to be changed; it's just a pissing contest that distracts from the purpose of this thread. Can we get back to that, please?

44 minutes ago, The Preacher said:

Look, I was asked a question on this site, and the question was are you a real preacher? And when I answered the question and stated my beliefs, I was told by someone on this site that they did not believe in these fairytales.

I did not call anyone an atheist, I said that some say they are atheist, and like I said no doubt some are truthful about it. And what I said concerning them I will not withdrawal one word, I will continue to stand on God's word concerning such matters no matter how much you try to persecute me or the God that I serve.

You know what I think is very ironic? I think that it's very ironic that people who don't believe in the God that I believe in fight so hard against someone they don't believe in.

Why are you so afraid and fight so hard against Him if you don't even believe He exist? you can't deny this or you wouldn't keep coming back here with the comments that you're making.

What ever, or whoever you believe in is no threat to me, so I wouldn't comment about it if you did post about it, because I'm not afraid of anything or anyone that I don't believe in.

This whole thing is really no surprise to me at all, it's people like you that really strengthens my faith more and more in the God I serve, because I figure that if so many fight so hard against Him even when they say they don't believe in Him, then to me He is a mighty powerful God who is more worthy of my praise and servitude.

This trend being moved to something that is called the lounge is no surprise, everyone tries to shove God on the back burner in the day and time which we live, but God declares in his word, that heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall never fail.

Moving this trend that gave so many people comfort and peace in their life when they needed it the most to something that is called the lounge in my opinion is disgraceful.

Even after so many has fought to keep it the way it was, it is still here, majority means nothing anymore, the realization is there's always going to be a small majority of naysayers, so what do we do? Neglect all those of the majority to satisfy a couple people.

No one can say that this trend didn't have anything to do with weight loss, it's whole focus was centered around people on the journey of weight loss and surgery.

I think I have hit the nail on the head, and said all that can be said, therefore I will not reply to any more of your post no matter what you write, so go ahead, make another comment on what I've said and prove me right.

I realize that I may be banned from this whole site, but so be it if that's what happens, I think it's time that someone takes a stand for what's right, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

God knew exactly what He was saying, when He said there'd be a day when people would call good evil and evil good.

His word regarding this has surely come to past.

As the Bible says, I will not even bid you Godspeed.

The Preacher !

AMEN! :)

1 hour ago, The Preacher said:

I think it's time that someone takes a stand for what's right, and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Ironically, that's also what I was doing, just for a different group of people than the ones you have in mind.

You are not being persecuted for your beliefs, you’re simply being challenged for saying something cruel and you don’t like being called on it. I only stepped in when you started throwing shade at atheists, because while I don't have any problem with like-minded people getting together and creating a community, it does no one any favors to let negativity and division be openly spoken and go unchallenged. Praying for people is a kind gesture I can understand; stating atheists will face a day of reckoning for not thinking the same way you do, I cannot.

1 hour ago, Russ D said:

No one's mind is going to be changed; it's just a pissing contest that distracts from the purpose of this thread. Can we get back to that, please?

Sure. But non-Christians will likely continue reading even if we don't comment, and we're way less likely to wade in if positivity and prayers are the theme, rather than the more brimstoney sides of religion. Don't know why damnation would show up on a weight loss conversation anyhow, unless we're talking about the temptation of Oreos and the Wendy's drive-thru.

Edited by sideeye

This thread was cool until people decided to act like a victim because their thread was moved to the correct location.

2 hours ago, ShimmyShade said:

This thread was cool until people decided to act like a victim because their thread was moved to the correct location.

It was not meant to be cool, it was meant to help people with needs.

You say it was moved to the correct location, I completely disagree with you on that.

The place it was originally posted was helping so many people, and left alone it would have continued to help many more.

But here, it has become the devil's playground, a place for bickering, and strife. Certainly not what God had intended.

It's been argued by some that it had no relevancy to weight loss but that's not true at all. It was completely centered on the subject, the fact that people stated in their prayer request that they was having weight loss surgery or had been through weight loss surgery and needed help should prove that it was related to the issue of weight loss.

So you think instead of being posted in one of the weight loss sections of this forum where it was doing what was intended to, that is helping people! That it's much better here where it's not relative to anything.

A place were it says, This forum is for general conversation, sharing interests, having a laugh or discussing anything not specifically related to Weight Loss Surgery surgery.

I don't think helping someone in a time of need through prayer is something to laugh about. Try telling the people that asked for help that it didn't apply to weight loss, then maybe you'll get the laugh you're looking for.

The Preacher

I stated previously that this post has become the devil's playground, as for myself I refuse to be one of the players in Satan's game.

I'm sure that a couple of you here will be glad to hear that I am pulling out of coach Satan's ballgame.

I do apologize to those that the post benefited, I will continue to pray for you. The Bible says come out from among them and be as separate saith the Lord.

It also says, don't cast your pearls before swine.

In other words, don't waste your time with those that have hardened their hearts to the truth and will not listen, because there are so many others that's willing to accept the truth and except the Pearl of great Price, that is Jesus Christ the son of the living God!

For those of you who fight against the truth, I will pray an old time Holy Ghost conviction up on you, then maybe you'll take heed and accept it before it's too late.

Don't deceive yourself's, whether you believe it or not, one day you will bow before Almighty God in judgment.

Romans 14:11 (KJV)

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

There is only one True And Living God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who are true believers and have been born again of the spirit of God, I will see you in heaven one day, considering the shape this worlds in, according to the word of God, it won't be very much longer.

The Preacher !

Edited by The Preacher
Word change

Perhaps we should be grateful they didnt,bury,it in Rants and Raves, that would be a sag commentary on the World Today.
And I am proud to be on Team Jesus, have been since childhoid, will be until I draw my last breath. And no Devil or Demon need to give me anything.

2 hours ago, MassMom said:

My surgery is tomorrow morning. Please pray that everything goes well. Thank you!

Praying it goes well!

1 hour ago, Christabelle said:

Praying it goes well!

Praying onying for you @Christabell sovereign. He has not came me to give us the spirit of fear but of life and a sound mind!

Hi the preacher, please put me on your prayer list for my band to bypass revision on September 18. I’m embarrassed to say that I’m really scared. People ask me why I’m afraid if I believe God is with me and I can’t answer that. I know God loves me and has a plan for my life but does that mean nothing can go wrong? What am I missing?