Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Prayer! If you do not believe in prayer, do not click on this post..

Hello @The Preacher and everyone else who believes in the power of prayer on this post. I am asking urgent prayer for craziikid307 . They are on this website and posted a message stating they are suicidal. Please please please lift this person up in prayer so that they will not take their own life and will go and seek the help they need. Thank you

25 minutes ago, Malcy said:

Hello @The Preacher and everyone else who believes in the power of prayer on this post. I am asking urgent prayer for craziikid307 . They are on this website and posted a message stating they are suicidal. Please please please lift this person up in prayer so that they will not take their own life and will go and seek the help they need. Thank you

Praying now!!

Hello Dear Bari Brothers and Sisters! Ellie123 is back!!!! I am have finally been released from the hospital and am back home. Thank you so so SOOOOO much for all the well wishes and prayers you sent my way during my scary ordeal!!! You all are so supportive and awesome!

Here is what happened:

On Sunday, (11 days post RNY op), I had half a Core Power Protein Drink and a cup of fish broth with about a tablespoon of avocado blended in for texture and a little bit more substance. Still not sure if these food items were related but shortly thereafter I started to have horrid stomach pain in the general area above my belly button. It would tighten painfully then release and got progressively worse. I began to pace, hoping it was gas and will pass. I paced for 3 hours straight and it was only getting worse. I took some hydrocodone and felt a little better but 3 hours later the meds wore off and I was in bad pain. Called the doc on call and was told to go straight to the bariatric ER. There they gave me contrast, by now the pain was almost unbearable...I began to shake all over. Felt like a horrible Gallbladder attack (I used to have those before it was removed, so I know...). The CT Scan revealed a partial obstruction in the small bowl and swelling. I was put on IV, protonics, anti nausea meds, nothing by mouth and pain meds, but I continued to feel awful. through out the night I was violently vomiting, blacking in and out and ....well lets just say in that terrible horrible state none of us ever wants to be in...

They let is ran it's course and yesterday it finally let up. More imaging revealed that nothing by mouth for a few days helped and my body seems to have resolved the obstruction. they slowly introduced Clear Liquids back, and finally sent me home back to a clear liquid diet. That specific hospital is owned by Dr. Alexander but totally out of network for my insurance. Glad to be alive, but dreading the bill for this setback...

Anyhow, sending you all HUGE love and thanks for your support and prayers. I'm exhausted and a bit bummed about the ordeal, but grateful this did not happen during one of my trips abroad where no one would have known what to do!

Hope everyone is doing great.

All,

Let us please bear up our dear friend @Frustr8 as she undergoes RNY Surgery today. She is 73years young and has been an amazing support to me and to so many others as we went through our procedures. She has had so many personal, financial and other attacks leading up to the surgery and is really going through a tough time, many have tried to desuade her from going through with it, but she is resolved to trust the Living God and go through with it.

Spirit of the living God, do what only you can do. Please bear our beautiful sister @Frustr8 up today and always. We ask that you bless her from the crown of her head to the soles of her feet. That you give her peace and encouragement going into her procedure and that all things coming against her boomerang right back to where they came from and away from your daughter.

We pray for everyone who is going to come into contact with her or touch her, we pray and plead the blood of Jesus on the facility, over the check in clerk, over the nurses who tend to her, over the surgeon, over the anesthesiologist, over the the medications, over the equipment, God even over the linens that will touch her body and the, and the sutures and bandaids, we uplift and exalt the whole procedure, that you yourself with masterfully operate on your daughter. We pray everything goes without a glitch, we pray for her to wake without any complications, and for it to be like from a sweet sleep, we pray that she is in no pain and discomfort and that she is soon able to be up and about to everyones surprise and delight! And that her short and long term results are marvelous to your Glory!

We thank you in Advance Lord for your mercy's for we know that you are MORE than able!

In Jesus Name, Amen.

@Frustr8 you are in my prayers. @ellie123 I am so glad you are doing better. Please keep is posted on your recovery.

Just heard from her son! Hallelujah @Frustr8 made it through and is resting!!!

4 hours ago, ellie123 said:

Hello Dear Bari Brothers and Sisters! Ellie123 is back!!!! I am have finally been released from the hospital and am back home. Thank you so so SOOOOO much for all the well wishes and prayers you sent my way during my scary ordeal!!! You all are so supportive and awesome!

Here is what happened:

On Sunday, (11 days post RNY op), I had half a Core Power Protein Drink and a cup of fish broth with about a tablespoon of avocado blended in for texture and a little bit more substance. Still not sure if these food items were related but shortly thereafter I started to have horrid stomach pain in the general area above my belly button. It would tighten painfully then release and got progressively worse. I began to pace, hoping it was gas and will pass. I paced for 3 hours straight and it was only getting worse. I took some hydrocodone and felt a little better but 3 hours later the meds wore off and I was in bad pain. Called the doc on call and was told to go straight to the bariatric ER. There they gave me contrast, by now the pain was almost unbearable...I began to shake all over. Felt like a horrible Gallbladder attack (I used to have those before it was removed, so I know...). The CT Scan revealed a partial obstruction in the small bowl and swelling. I was put on IV, protonics, anti nausea meds, nothing by mouth and pain meds, but I continued to feel awful. through out the night I was violently vomiting, blacking in and out and ....well lets just say in that terrible horrible state none of us ever wants to be in...

They let is ran it's course and yesterday it finally let up. More imaging revealed that nothing by mouth for a few days helped and my body seems to have resolved the obstruction. they slowly introduced Clear Liquids back, and finally sent me home back to a clear liquid diet. That specific hospital is owned by Dr. Alexander but totally out of network for my insurance. Glad to be alive, but dreading the bill for this setback...

Anyhow, sending you all HUGE love and thanks for your support and prayers. I'm exhausted and a bit bummed about the ordeal, but grateful this did not happen during one of my trips abroad where no one would have known what to do!

Hope everyone is doing great.

So glad you're okay and didn't need additional surgery! Continuing to pray for healing.

4 hours ago, ellie123 said:

All,

Let us please bear up our dear friend @Frustr8 as she undergoes RNY Surgery today. She is 73years young and has been an amazing support to me and to so many others as we went through our procedures. She has had so many personal, financial and other attacks leading up to the surgery and is really going through a tough time, many have tried to desuade her from going through with it, but she is resolved to trust the Living God and go through with it.

Spirit of the living God, do what only you can do. Please bear our beautiful sister @Frustr8 up today and always. We ask that you bless her from the crown of her head to the soles of her feet. That you give her peace and encouragement going into her procedure and that all things coming against her boomerang right back to where they came from and away from your daughter.

We pray for everyone who is going to come into contact with her or touch her, we pray and plead the blood of Jesus on the facility, over the check in clerk, over the nurses who tend to her, over the surgeon, over the anesthesiologist, over the the medications, over the equipment, God even over the linens that will touch her body and the, and the sutures and bandaids, we uplift and exalt the whole procedure, that you yourself with masterfully operate on your daughter. We pray everything goes without a glitch, we pray for her to wake without any complications, and for it to be like from a sweet sleep, we pray that she is in no pain and discomfort and that she is soon able to be up and about to everyones surprise and delight! And that her short and long term results are marvelous to your Glory!

We thank you in Advance Lord for your mercy's for we know that you are MORE than able!

In Jesus Name, Amen.

That's a beautiful prayer

2 hours ago, ellie123 said:

Oh good!

3 hours ago, ellie123 said:

Please tell her we're all here rooting for her and praying for her speedy recovery

Having an Exploratory EGD FRIDAY October 12. They k

belive I may have,a strictute, and this way they be certain and. I do for poo 9

On 10/10/2018 at 12:46 AM, Frustr8 said:

belive I may have,a strictute, and this way they be certain and. I do for poo 9

Prayers for speedy recovery

I do have a stricture and 5 new ulcers, non bleeding, non ready to perforate, will need another EGJ in 2 weeks or less, surgeon couldn't totally get st9ma stretched out but God is still living me, watching,over me and I feel the solution will come! And I will trust in Him.

Are there guidelines for what we can ask people to pray for?

Is it OK for people to pray for someone to win the lottery or is that in the same league as praying for your football team to win?