Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am worried about this after surgery.

How has everyone done with keeping up on Vitamins?

I am a worrier and know that this can cause long term issues.

How were your levels when you got tested post op?

We're you taking vitamins as you should?

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app

I take Flintstones Complete chewables, Citracal, magnesium, Biotin and B12 as directed by dr. All my labwork has been excellent.

I am so glad to hear that! It doesn't seem like everyone has issues but I worry about everything [emoji23]

10 minutes ago, dreamingofasleeve said:

I am so glad to hear that! It doesn't seem like everyone has issues but I worry about everything emoji23.png

The problem is, nobody posts saying "No problems here". If it's worth posting about, it's probably something they're struggling with. So, the problems look more numerous than they are. Also, FYI, this is a bigger problem with bypass than sleeve, due to malabsorption issues.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

I am sleeved and have just had my 3 month results back. Everything was fabulous according to my doctor. Just a slightly lower score on something to do with my immune system which surprised me as I am a very healthy person who rarely gets ill. They did say that Biotin can sometimes skew the results so I don't know of that had any effect?

I take a Multivitamin, Biotin, cod liver oil, Omega 3 and a combined Vitamin D and C.

I have to take a multi, 2 Calcium, 3 Iron, 3 half-vitamin Cs, and Biotin every day. I always take my multi, calcium, and biotin. I'm not always perfect at taking all 3 iron and C. I try to everyday, but some days I just get 2 in. I had to get a weekly pill organizer and fill that up once a week, so that I know that I still need to take. It's something that you'll eventually get used to. I'd say that i was the most overwhelmed by how many pills I have to take a day, but now I'm pretty used to it.

Well my hospital insisted I have my blood work in May for my September RnY, I turned out I had some deficencies. We have addressed Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Iron , Magnesium and Calcium and I have been a very good Bari- Baby, one slip up was I need to get more calcium, missed it for 2 days. Whip me with a noodle, if you want! Anyway between the Protein Shakes, the calcium and the iron I'm bound up tighter than Cootie Browns Goat, so Miralax and MoM are getting to be my friends. But minor inconvenience for,Great Potential Glory, that's what I say until I reach the Porcelain Throne. Then all bets are off!