Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision surgery after gastric bypass surgery

I had gastric bypass surgery + 2000 + 7 and games in the last year 100 lbs back or maybe over a hundred pounds I was wondering has anyone had a revision surgery after gastric bypass surgery

I Had Gastric bypass in 2004 and on Nov 29 2018 I had a revision I gained 100pnds back!!! The recovery was alittle longer than my first Gastric bypass and also the weightloss is slower I Don’t regret it I would do it again

I had gb in 2011. Weight loss was not as successful as it should have been. I only lost like 75 lbs, came to a plateau for about 6 months and then I started gainin it back. Now here it is 2019 abd Im only 7 lbs down from where I started when I had my surgery.

Thought about seeing if could have a revision done but I had a rough surgery due to being allergic to steri-strips its was hard for my incisions to heal. They broke out real bad and looked bad, when I was finally able to get those iff then I started healing. This is what has stopped me frim getting a revision done.

I didnt have a very supportive doctor through this. Had it done in Arizona but I now live in Missouri. So finding a doctor that will do a revision since a diff doctor originally done it. Thought about going to see Dr Nowzarden in Texas to see what he can do to help me.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had gb in 2011. Weight loss was not as successful as it should have been. I only lost like 75 lbs, came to a plateau for about 6 months and then I started gainin it back. Now here it is 2019 abd Im only 7 lbs down from where I started when I had my surgery.

Thought about seeing if could have a revision done but I had a rough surgery due to being allergic to steri-strips its was hard for my incisions to heal. They broke out real bad and looked bad, when I was finally able to get those iff then I started healing. This is what has stopped me frim getting a revision done.

I didnt have a very supportive doctor through this. Had it done in Arizona but I now live in Missouri. So finding a doctor that will do a revision since a diff doctor originally done it. Thought about going to see Dr Nowzarden in Texas to see what he can do to help me.

Sent from my LG-H872 using BariatricPal mobile app

I live in Springfield MO and Dr Edwards with Mercy Hospital is AMAZING!!! I highly recommend him and his team!!

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you. Im bout 2-1/2 hrs away.

Sandra in Missouri BariatricPal mobile app

SO worth the drive. Google Mercy bariatrics springfield mo and you can take the seminar online to start the process then they will send you a packet through the mail to fill out. Once they receive your completed packet it takes about 4 weeks for them to review it and get back to you with your first appt. Things move really quick then. They received my completed packet Dec 18th. They called me Jan 15th and set me up with an appt to see my surgeon the next day. While I was seeing my surgeon they called to set me up to schedule my psych eval for the next day. Now all I have left is a dietician and exercise therapist consult then we submit to insurance. Looking at a late March or early April surgery. So from start to surgery will end up being 3-3 1/2 mos

SO worth the drive. Google Mercy bariatrics springfield mo and you can take the seminar online to start the process then they will send you a packet through the mail to fill out. Once they receive your completed packet it takes about 4 weeks for them to review it and get back to you with your first appt. Things move really quick then. They received my completed packet Dec 18th. They called me Jan 15th and set me up with an appt to see my surgeon the next day. While I was seeing my surgeon they called to set me up to schedule my psych eval for the next day. Now all I have left is a dietician and exercise therapist consult then we submit to insurance. Looking at a late March or early April surgery. So from start to surgery will end up being 3-3 1/2 mos

Oh and be sure and really do your research no matter WHO u choose. Dr. Now in Texas is being sued for leaving an instrument and tubing in a patient.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/my-600-lb-life-dr-nowzaradan-sued-156735/amp/

On 1/25/2019 at 3:07 PM, lifeasfaith said:

Oh and be sure and really do your research no matter WHO u choose. Dr. Now in Texas is being sued for leaving an instrument and tubing in a patient.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.intouchweekly.com/posts/my-600-lb-life-dr-nowzaradan-sued-156735/amp/

yes Ive been hearing alot on him

Did you have a RYN?

I live 30 miles east of Springfield and am seeing Dr Matt Simpson through Cox. Mine will be a revision of a VBG to a bypass. Good luck!

I had gastric bypass in 2004 didn’t make it to my goal but was pretty close and I was happy I maintained 150/160lbs for years even through a second pregnancy but in the last 3 years my mother almost died and I gained 100lbs. July 2 2019 I had a revision I had the lap band over gastric bypass. With the first 2 weeks I lost 17lbs and only 3 pounds since then. I feel like it’s coming off too slow. I have graduated to soft foods but feel like I’m eating too much so I put myself back on only Clear Liquids and Protein Drinks. I go for my first band tightening on Aug. 9th hopefully weight will come off more after that. Are there many people who have had the lap band over the gastric bypass?

I had open Gastric Bypass in March 2003. In St Louis Missouri. That was the closest place to me that was doing the surgery. Lost 148 pounds. Kept it off for about 9 years. I gained about 90 pounds back. A week ago, Monday, August 5th, 2019 I had revision from RNY to Distal. I’ve lost 12 pounds. I’m still on liquids until Friday when I see my surgeon.