Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you spoken to anyone/a counsellor about your anxiety? It will no doubt help and you can move forward.

I have my procedure in mid-October, its a sleeve but an endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty.

Hi! I just got my sleeve yesterday. I was terrified!! Utterly terrified. I thought I was going to die on the table. Once you are in the pre-operating room, the doctors make you feel so good. When I was ready to go into the operating room, 4 people were wheeling me out!! I felt so safe because they were joking around and it made me feel getter. Just trust your room! You just had to force yourself to go. I am in very little pain right now. If you have any questions, please let me know!!

Thanks jultrim18!

I think it’s more like butterflies, it’s a pretty big decision to have surgery. I’m in the medical field and know everything that can go wrong. (We’re the WORST patients! lol)

I’m glad you’re doing well!

I have mine Oct 16th. I am so excited. Already warned my co workers (nurses) they will be waiting on me and if I need some fluids I am just pulling up into the parking lot lol. Nervous about what happens after but more excited to just get it done finally after so long

Mine is the 16th too JennBean!!
Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m also booked in for the 4th October

My date is 10/15/18. I am getting more excited/nervous every day. I've been working on getting approval for a little over a year. I am an (traveling) operating room nurse and I know exactly how/what goes on pre-op and during surgery. It's more of what happens post op that has me nervous. I don't want to wake up thinking "WTF did I just do to myself?" I want to heal properly, with no complications, and be able to follow all the rules/recommendations. I want it to be an uneventful recovery. I know I'm letting my nerves get to me. I'm not generally an anxious person. (Except when flying.) However, this is the biggest life changing experience that I've ever faced. How do you deal with all the emotions/nerves?

Edited by SLEEVE_ME

I just got my surgery date! (It's been a wild ride, with scheduling it, so this is BIG news for me!) 10/3/18!

That feels so soon, since I only just found out about it! I am anxious! But I'm ready. I've done so much preparation, so much reading, so much mental work. And on the physical preparation side of things, I've got some homemade Bone Broth in the freezer (might need more than I have--maybe I'll order some of that powdered stuff I see other people using), I've got lots of comfy yoga pants and loose shirts, I've got two pairs of walking shoes, I've got a couple of kinds of Protein Shake (not the "nectar" ones that people on here seem to like so much, but I'll make sure to get an order in before my liquid diet week). I'm ready! Let's do this!

... in a month and change. 😁

Y'all. Y'ALL. Do you realize that (at least at my surgeon's practice) you get to move on to fairly serious exercise at the 4 week/1 month mark? You can swim and lift weights at that point!*

We are going to beat the "resolutioners" to the gym! (Or back to the gym, if you're currently up for that! I'm not, but I realize a lot of people who do WLS are.)

(I'm a very anxious person. This is a thing I was low-key worrying about, when they were talking about doing my surgery in late November. I was high-key stressed about getting bronchitis and being pushed off into 2019 and having to redo tests and restart on my deductible, but I was a little stressed about doing the surgery on time and then going to the gym a month later and people seeing me as the fat resolutioner. Instead, I'll be the fat normal gym goer in November and December! :))

*If cleared. I am not a doctor. My doctor clears people by then, but maybe yours is more conservative. Do what your doctor says.

I'm set for October 1st... freaking out a bit today but I have GAD so it's not unusual for me. I'm just worried I won't lose the weight or I'll be miserable or IDK I just am a worried wreck. Nice to have others to talk to that are going through the same thing!!