Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

40 something sleevers?

On 8/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, Letsgetgoing2018 said:

Hi all. I am in my forties. Wondering who else is on the boards in the same age bracket. Wondering how being sleeved has affected your life at this age. Do you wish you were sleeved sooner?

Same age bracket. It has been nothing but positive change in my life. I can't go back in time. I keep looking forward.

2 minutes ago, skinnylife said:

Same age bracket. It has been nothing but positive change in my life. I can't go back in time. I keep looking forward.

That’s fantastic. I feel the same way. One day at a time. Following the program.

Was Sleeved back in March of this year, turned 40 a month later.

I looked into it about 5 years ago but decided to wait. Right after surgery I thought should have done it then, but now is a better time than any and feel my thinking has matured more. I am no longer Diabetic (type 2 since 2011) and everything else has been great health wise.

Just got into running, slow and and steady but building endurance, and planning on doing my first 5K this Thanksgiving. When I started walking back in September of 2017 at the beginning of my Sleeve journey I was walking at a 24 minute mile, currently right under 15 minutes a mile now.

So far this has been a great experience and an eye opener at my lifestyle. I weigh less now than when I got married 16 years ago and almost down to my high school weight. My motivation is flying high and am enjoying this part of my life.

Sleeved 7/12 turned 45 years young 7/21. Had the best birthday cake ever, it was a sip of a Protein Shake then I was to full for any more. I wish I did it when my back started hurting to the point it was affecting my work ethic. If so maybe I wouldn't be in as bad shape as I am now. The weight loss has reduced the amount pain in my lower back and allowed me to be more mobile but the pain still builds and before long I'm useless. I'm early on so the more I lose hopefully the better I get.

My 45th Birthday is December 1st. I hope I get an approval and surgery date. That would be the best birthday gift ever.

I just turned 40 and was approved last week. My op date is 9/19. I don’t have regrets about waiting. I love myself more, appreciate the health and wellness impact of my decision more, and I have a more realistic grasp on what I’m getting myself into. 10/20 years ago I was struggling with seeing myself (truly), self concept, and was given to toxic relationships. Now I’m more grounded. This means so much more now than it would have then.

Sleeved October 2017 and was on a waiting list since 2013 .., being 42 I do wish I would have been able to do it sooner ... I think if everything I missed out on .. but I can’t dwell on that now as the past is the past!! I am grateful that I got it now.
With 96 down and 80 to go I’m at a plateau and hope I can get back on track .. honeymoon is over and all is back to what it was !!! The carb cravings are back , I can eat more then I should, drinking with meal doesn’t hurt barely anymore... I’m panicked a bit as I fear to gain back what I worked so hard to loose. I’m back here for accountability and support .

I guess my comment doesn’t count because I haven’t gone through it yet. Maybe I’ll wish I did it sooner 6-12 months from September.

Hey, Great decision to get your sleeve. I’m not in my 40’s.. I’m in my 60’s! ..60 is the new 40 as far as I’m concerned 😄 your going to feel great! Had the band 9 years ago, didn’t work out long term, so I just converted to sleeve 30 days ago., Doing great.. back to work next week. Good not to wait.. congrats

And in a week and a half, on September 5th, at 72, I will have a RnY bypass. You and I. are beacons to the brothers and sisters of our generation , it is NOT TOO LATE to MAKE steps toward better HEALTH. We Baby Boomers still rock and We Always Will!😛👵😛👴

44 sleeved 1/8/18.

Hi I’m not 40 but turned 60 this past June and had surgery August 22 and would have done it 15 years ago but had aging parents to take care off and put self on the back burner. Anyway i came through surgery pretty good. Recovery is going tough trying to get all the liquids down with no appetite. Still glade I did it.

Thank you Diana60, I too put myself in the back burner almost too long, life happens when you're busy doing something else, Thank you L@A,eadtcoastNB, New Brunswick,is a very beautiful place to be.
And come on Pretty Smart Chic, your sleeve and my RnY,await in September. We'll take this slow smooth,relax and go for the best pe5sonal best we can achieve. Plan for the best, work and accept with we get, slowly each day better, we will,win at the marathon of life. I AM NOT a patient person, but I am good, wonderful one-of-a- kind individual trying to be the best me I can be.And mist of the time that's pretty doggone good.

HI, I am 47 and 4 days post op. struggling with the fluids. but walking a lot

I'm 46 and sleeved almost 2 weeks ago. I've lost 9 lbs since surgery and 27.6 since my highest. I went through the process about 8 years ago but had some other health problems which prevented me from having the surgery. After taking care of those and then trying on my own to lose over the years, I decided to go forward again. Glad I did.